Insomniac

captain peroxide

This has to be my favourite album of all time :D

It´s good/great. everything they do is great :D But def. not my favourite :D

i enjoy a lot playing Stuart and the ave in the bass *-* im in love with the bass of this album. Mike made a really good job :wub: (as always, of course but in insomniac... fucking rocks!)

• Like 1

One of my least favourite albums i think, but i do enjoy listening to Panic Song VERY loud when i am feeling stressed for some reason it makes me feel better

I LOVE This album. Just soo amny good songs.

And Billie's song writing is just facinating.

Such a great album. My favorites are Armatage Shanks, Stuart and the Ave, Westbound Sign, Brat, and Geek Stink Breath, but each song is amazing I think.

I LOVE This album. Just soo amny good songs.

And Billie's song writing is just facinating.

Fascinating to say at least. Not hard to tell that he was going trough a rough time when he wrote it.

Love it too. One of my favorites, although it took some getting used to.

At times that I'm feeling kinda down and stuff, and then listen to Insomniac, I can't help but feeling... understood. And a little less alone. Sounds stupid maybe, but what the hey...

Yep, those short and fast songs... always nice to listen to. There's just so much energy...! Again, love it.

This is one album I need to focus on more. Looking at what's been posted so far, it's got some lyrical gems (I'm already familiar with the tunes of everything, obviously, I just don't understand a word of what Billie's saying :lol:), it's a real pity I don't know them. I guess that's also the reason this album isn't too far up on my Green Day album ranking. Will definitely work on that, I know I'll appreciate it far more as soon as I dive into the lyrics. :happy:

This is one album I need to focus on more. Looking at what's been posted so far, it's got some lyrical gems (I'm already familiar with the tunes of everything, obviously, I just don't understand a word of what Billie's saying :lol:), it's a real pity I don't know them. I guess that's also the reason this album isn't too far up on my Green Day album ranking. Will definitely work on that, I know I'll appreciate it far more as soon as I dive into the lyrics. :happy:

same here (about the lyrics)! :lol: I really need to listen to it with the booklet in my hands... Next time I have 30 minutes of nothing to do, I'll do that :)

i remember buying this for my dad for his birthday. before i was a GD fan. my mum told me to listen to it first. been in love with GD ever since. such a fantastic album. i listen to it whenever im angry

im listening Insominiac right now, Stuart and the ave... god. im addicted to the bass @_@

I love the work on "God Told me to Skin you Alive". I took it out and put it on my wall with my GD posters ^_^

I've always wanted a T-Shirt of it or a full-sized poster.

For the actual songs, they're all great. I think it's a shame that it wasn't a big album.

Brain Stew was the first song I liked from the old green day songs I listened after American idiot...

My friend just got me another copy of Insomniac since the one I got off of Swaptree was completely annihilated :lol: It's nice to be able to open the booklet and read the lyrics without worrying about it disintegrating in your hand!

This is one of the only GD albums that I don't have in vinyl form... need to fix that

It was the first album I bought after American Idiot and I think at first I thought it was okay. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. It took me some time to get use to it, but now it is one of my favorite album.

Armatage Shanks, 86 and Stuart & the Ave (especially this one) are the ones I listen the most.

Guest dar89ren

Until lately I'd thought that I'd gotten sick of Brain Stew/Jaded. I hadn't listened to it for well over a year, and now I'm just thinking... WHY? Such a good song/album. Loveee Insomniac

I love this album...but only problem is i cant play most of em on guitar because almost all of them are tuned 1/2 step down. Oh well...it'd be so funny to see Green Day release their next album with the theme of Insomniac's :lol:

No Pride is my 2nd favourite song which is weird because it's so generic (verse chorus verse chorus). I used to dislike Panic Song but then the song grew on me and became my fav :)

I used to dislike Panic Song but then the song grew on me and became my fav :)

i use to dislike panic song as well with its long intro...its now one of my absolute favoriets. i have been crushing hard on insomniac lately. i love the grit of it. seriously cant get enough of it these days. its by far my favorite of the "older" albums. the lyrics are so clever and the "sound" has such a perfect mix of grit and melody. love love love.

This album really got me into Green Day's older stuff. Walking Contradiction, Stuart and the Ave, Westbound Sign, Armatange Shanks, No pride... :wub:

I never really listened to this album as a whole before, but I was playing around on American Wasteland for PS2 (A skateboarding game for those who don't know) listening through Insomniac and I really fell in love with it. Stuart and the Ave. is a great song. Who could forget Geek Stink Breath? It also has a hidden gem in Panic Song.

my least fav GD album, but it's still a good album :)

Wow :o

I find Insomniac and Dookie to be the easiest albums to listen to. They're both tied as being my second favourite, I think.

Insomniac was the 5th GD album I bought but I remember hearing Armatage Shanks and thinking "Yeah, this is going to be incredible." Jaded and Tight Wad Hill are two of my all time favourite Green Day songs. Gah, the whole album is just wonderful. So many amazingly simple power chords and yet so many deep and meaningful words to accompany them. :wub:

I love Insomniac :wub: I didn't listen to it so much until I read the lyrics...Lately I can totally relate to some of the songs and I love listening to this album as a whole...

So many amazingly simple power chords and yet so many deep and meaningful words to accompany them. :wub:

I don't how could this album be just "the one I don't really listen to" a few months ago... :rolleyes:

love this album.. tied with Nimrod and American Idiot for my faves.. i couldn't pick just one : )

oh, and Brat and Stuck with Me - definitely my two fave songs from this album

Edited by Stellar981

Insomniac has awesome lyrics actually, they are so powerful and rough.

I love listening to it all the way through while riding my bicycle. :rolleyes: