Insomniac

captain peroxide

This thread is for discussion of Insomniac, both the album as a whole and all the individual songs as well.

my least fav GD album, but it's still a good album :), though i really like Panic Song :wub:.

I simply adore Insomniac, it's my favourite Green Day album - both musically and lyrically, and also one of my all-time top albums :wub:

I don't know exactly what it is about it that makes me love it so, and I remember when I first bought it I wasn't so keen on the album, oh but it grew on me. I find it's often the things you can't quite place why you like them, that you love the most (if that makes any sense!). Definitely the case with Insomniac

Also one of my go-to albums for when I need comforting....It's always been the perfect album for when I'm a little bit low and frustrated with life. Or just pissed off.

• Like 4

THIS ONE WAS MY FIRST ALBUM :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love it :happy: Favorites... westbound sign, panic song and stuart and the ave... and stuck with me! :woot:

I love it :happy: Favorites... westbound sign, panic song and stuart and the ave... and stuck with me! :woot:

te jurai yo con Stuck with me

:lol:

i love Insomniac :wub: i think was the 2nd album i bought (or my parents bought to me. whatever) and im obsessed with Stuck With Me :woot:

love love love love love the intro to Panic Song. And Stuart and the Ave.

No Pride :wub: This was my face when Billie Joe played it for me at the Auckland show last year :woot: :woot: :woot:

But I'm not even going to attempt to pick favourites, haha.

This is the home of (one of) my all-time favourite green day songs, that i can never stop listening to... top played on iTunes, fo'sho :happy:

WESTBOUND SIGN :wub:

i dont know why, i guess it's because of the amount of roadtrips I've gone on and the amount of moving i've done- it's ultimatley about an epic roadtrip :lol:

then it's also something to do with how much i want outta here, it's like it's encouraging me to move on, and that's it's not what you left behind but what's waiting for you. sometimes when i'm thinking about the future i need to hear that. when something awful's happened, but also when something really good happens, it's good to listen to. it's cleared my head so many times and i actually owe this song, seriously.

(but there's also the whole billie/adie thing under it and i really gets to me sometimes :cry:)

i would die if it was played live :wub:

te jurai yo con Stuck with me

:lol:

i love Insomniac :wub: i think was the 2nd album i bought (or my parents bought to me. whatever) and im obsessed with Stuck With Me :woot:

iba a poner que me había juntado mucho contigo, pero me hablaron en el mundo tangible y lo olvidé xD

oh, god, I FORGOT ABOUT JADED! D:

ALWAYS MOVE FORWARD, GOING STRAIGHT WILL GET YOU NOWHERE! :wub:

love love love love love the intro to Panic Song. And Stuart and the Ave.

No Pride :wub: This was my face when Billie Joe played it for me at the Auckland show last year :woot: :woot: :woot:

But I'm not even going to attempt to pick favourites, haha.

agree with you. the intro to Panic Song is lovely and it's so great playing on the bass! :woot:

iba a poner que me había juntado mucho contigo, pero me hablaron en el mundo tangible y lo olvidé xD

oh, god, I FORGOT ABOUT JADED! D:

ALWAYS MOVE FORWARD, GOING STRAIGHT WILL GET YOU NOWHERE! :wub:

me da tanta risa tu nivel de concentracion`

JADED :wub: the video is SO ...SO... SO... you know. i cant express it in words.

me da tanta risa tu nivel de concentracion`

JADED :wub: the video is SO ...SO... SO... you know. i cant express it in words.

mi habilidad de invisibilización es genial, pero no sé utilizarla a mi favor

:) xD

I FORGOT ABOUT WALKING CONTRADICTION! D: D:

screw it, I'M MARRYING INSOMNIAC :wub:

and Warning will be my lover

I don't listen to Insomniac enough. There are SO many good songs I always forget about.

I don't really listen to this album, well, my favorite ones are Panic Song, And Stuart and the Ave and many others! :happy:

I just sat down and listened to the whole album :happy: It's all pretty amazing, but my personal favorites are Walking Contradiction, Brain Stew, Armatage Shanks, and Geek Stink Breath.

love this album :D one of my faves for sure

i love listening to brain stew while high :P

WESTBOUND SIGN :wub:

Yes!! And Armatage Shanks, Geek Stink Breath, Stuck With Me, Stuart and the Ave, Walking Contradiction... :wub:

I think it's also under-rated...

I agree. There are so many great songs on this album that are forgotten.

Walking Contradiction = best song EVER. :D

Insomniac is one of those albums that just grew on me.. It took me a while to actually like this album but now i love it..

Songs like Armatage shanks, Westbound sign, tight wad hill, panic song took me a while to actually like them and i used to skip them a lot but now i love these songs..

stuart and the ave is my absolute favorite off this album...and panic song...and the rest of the album hahah

My favourite Green Day album by a country mile. As soon as I listen to Armatage Shanks I have to go ahead and listen to the whole album. Personally I think this was Green Day's punk peak because it managed to encapsulate the feeling of their time at Lookout while still retaining a mainstream, clean sound.

My favourite tracks are Armatage Shanks, 86, Walking Contradiction, Geek Stink Breath, Brat and Panic Song. It really is a great album.

Oh man, this is my favorite album

My favorite songs are here: No Pride and 86, I don't know, that album is full of good lyrics, good drums, bass to listen and love.

My favorite lines (a few of them) of the album:

"I perfected the science of the idiot" (Armatage Shanks)

"Mom and Dad don't look so hot these days, But my future's looking good" (Brat)

"I'm not part of your elite, I'm just alright" (Stuck With Me)

"Wish in one hand shit in the other, And see which one gets filled first" (Geek Stin Breath)

"Honor's gonna knock you down, Before your chance to stand up and fight" (No Pride)

"No culture's worth a stream of piss, Or a bullet in my face" (No Pride)

"My fuse is short and my blood pressure is high" (Bab's Uvula Who?)

"Did you lose something the last time you were here?" (86)

"There's no return to 86" (86)

"Ready for a cheap escape, On the brink of self destruction" (Panic Song)

"The world is a sick machine, breeding a mass of shit" (Panic Song)

"Destiny is dead, in the hands of bad luck" (Stuart and The Ave)

"I'm having trouble trying to sleep" (Brain Stew)

"My mind is set on overdrive" (Brain Stew)

"There is no progress, evolution killed it all" (Jaded)

"Is it salvation? Or an escape from discontent?" (Westbound Sign)

"But having the time of his life, hating every minute of his existance" (Tight Wad Hill)

"I'm a smart ass but I'm playing dumb" (Walking Contradiction)

"Control the chaos behind a gun" (Walking Contradiction)

"Losers winning big on the lottery" (Walking Contradiction)

"I have no belief, but I believe, I'm a walking contradiction" (Walking Contradiction)

• Like 1

favourite green day album.

stuart & the ave. :wub:

haha just wanted to post: not my favourite. don´t like it very much. Every Green Day album is great but this the one i don´t like most :P

it´s great though.