Insomniac

captain peroxide

Geek Stink Breath is one of my most favorite songs ever, and the acoustic version is kickass too, the first time i heard it acoustic i was nervous, but i was quite pleased

I love it. I live in germany and this album just sounds to me like the life of american teenagers, hanging around in american towns or cities, trying to have a good life. It sounds so american to me, although I never have been there. But that's what it must be like. It makes me wanna meet up with friends and have a beer as long as we're young.

That's my definition of Dookie and Insomniac.

Geek Stink Breath is one of my most favorite songs ever, and the acoustic version is kickass too, the first time i heard it acoustic i was nervous, but i was quite pleased

Acoustic :o can I have the link?

Oh, I'd like to hear the acoustic version as well! That sounds interesting.

I have a really hard time understanding Billie on a lot of this record. Particularly on Bab's Uvula Who.

Acoustic :o can I have the link?

Oh, I'd like to hear the acoustic version as well! That sounds interesting.

It was the opener of their set at the Bridge School Benefit 1999. It's in the download links. :)

Download Here

Ah I just saw it on youtube. It was so weird at first :lol: Why did they play it acoustic anyway?

This is a great album as a follow-up to Dookie, my favorite songs from the album are Geek Stink Breath, 86, Brain Stew, Jaded, Westbound Sign. Walking Contradiction is one of my favorite songs by Green Day and my favorite song from the album. :thumbsup:

With Weezer, do I like Blue or Pinkerton?

Now to go off topic but that's a tough decision. After much debating with myself I prefer Pinkerton because I can related to the lyrics so much more.

Insomniac always will be my favourite Green Day album though. Dookie is good but I think that Insomniac is kind of the opposite to it in the sense that they're going against the mainstream attention they got for that album and made something truly from the heart.

Ah I just saw it on youtube. It was so weird at first :lol: Why did they play it acoustic anyway?

Yea. I found it weird at first, too. xD

But now I think it's pretty cool. :)

It was acoustic because Bridge School Benefit is and acoustic benefit concert organized by Neil Young. All bands play an acoustic set there. :)

this album is one of my top three green day cds. my favorite song(s) on this cd are Walking Contradiction and Jaded. but as a whole i like to this day and it was the 2nd green day i actually bought and i got it from blockbuster back when they were selling cds.

This album took me awhile to get into, but once I did, I was hooked. Favorite tracks are 86, Stuart and the Ave., Walking Contradiction, No Pride, and Stuck With Me. That's almost half the album... I also really love Do Da Da, and one of my Green Day fantasies is having that song added as a 15th track. Not sure where it would fit it, but then again, it is just a fantasy so I don't need to sweat the minor details.

This is the darkest and heaviest album Green Day has made thus far. Who said fame and fortune were the key to happiness? I'm really glad Green Day made it big, but it did come at a cost. Their lives got flipped upside down (and not in a fun, amusement park way). This album tells that story. I think anyone who has moved on with their lives and lost a lot of friends who became bitter towards them can relate with these songs.

when i first got into green day, i think that insomniac was my least favorite, as a whole.

now i just recently started REALLY appreciating it. it has some AMAZING songs, and it's been on heavy rotation.

stuart & the ave! :wub: 86, panic song... so many gems.

i feel like in the beginning, to me, it was like coal, and with listening to it over the years i refined it and now it's a tiny little awesome diamond.

haha, how cheesy i get when the night progresses.

i think insomniac is one of their best albums. i love almost all the songs. i think the only one i don't like is tight wad hill. its never really grown on me. I love walking contradiction though! its video it my favorite.

Insomniac is one of those albums I love listening to out loud on the stereo. it just sounds so good! No pride and Panic Song are my favs.

Insomniac is one of those albums I love listening to out loud on the stereo. it just sounds so good! No pride and Panic Song are my favs.

I go insane once Billie Joe's vocals come in on Panic Song! Haha

amazing album, so rough and raw!! My favorite songs from it are Geek Stink Breath, Brain Stew and Stuart and the ave.

it's my favorite at the moment... and i think it might soon climb up my top 5 ranking and join AI.

:wub: Insomniac :wub: is one of those albums that, on the first listen, I was like "what the..." but a couple days later it's my favorite album. It is very addictive and all the songs flow together very well. I listen to it when I go running, when I'm doing the dishes, and when I can't fall asleep, and pretty much all the time! I think it is my most played Green Day album (just by a hair though, because they're all so good!)

But I'm still not a huge fan of the cover artwork, I mean its good, but kinda wierd

Brain stew is my all time favorite of this album, along with 86, stuart and the ave. and geeks stink breath.

You can definitely hear more anger in this album. Not lyrically strong as Dookie but still a great follow up. Armatage Shanks is a great song to start it off. Then we have Brain Stew :wub: The first Green Day song i ever heard.

Listening to Insomniac now :)

Geek Stink Breath just started playing. great song. great album. well they all are but still.. :D

my favorite songs on this album are: 86, Panic Song, Brain Stew and Armatage Shanks.

amazing album, so rough and raw!! My favorite songs from it are Geek Stink Breath, Brain Stew and Stuart and the ave.

I totally love the opening bass line in Stuart and the Ave. lol i have to air strum to it every time :)