Dookie

captain peroxide

Anyone else find it surprising that Basket Case is GD's most played song by the GP and fans according to Spotify and Last.fm? I didn't realize how popular it was. Thought the top spot would be between GR and BOBD

Anyone else find it surprising that Basket Case is GD's most played song by the GP and fans according to Spotify and Last.fm? I didn't realize how popular it was. Thought the top spot would be between GR and BOBD

They've been playing Basket Case at preety much every show since 93/94 Good Riddance came around in 97 and BOBD in 2004. Basket Case has had more years than the other two, that's why it has more plays. Newer hits can never top older hits, because the hits are always played.

They've been playing Basket Case at preety much every show since 93/94 Good Riddance came around in 97 and BOBD in 2004. Basket Case has had more years than the other two, that's why it has more plays. Newer hits can never top older hits, because the hits are always played.

That's irrelevant given that Last.fm launched in 2002 and Spotify in 2006.

That's irrelevant given that Last.fm launched in 2002 and Spotify in 2006.

I thought we were talking about live plays, sorry.
  • Like 1

Not necessarily a definite reason. For example Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" was on her 4th album and its her most played hit because of how huge it was, thought the same logic would apply to GR or BOBD but i guess not.

And i was talking about it being played by other people as a song to listen too (Which Spotify and Last.fm track)

Edited by T.C

Not necessarily a definite reason. For example Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" was on her 4th album and its her most played hit because of how huge it was, thought the same logic would apply to GR or BOBD but i guess not.

And i was talking about it being played by other people as a song to listen too (Which Spotify and Last.fm track)

Nah, Basket Case is a huge hit, I haven't heard BOBD on the radio for months, I hear Basket Case just about every other day. It makes sense to me that it's the most played

• 2 weeks later...

so it's going to be a Reprise release sold by Adeline, or will this version have Adeline somewhere on the back of it?

so it's going to be a Reprise release sold by Adeline, or will this version have Adeline somewhere on the back of it?

Just the Reprise version- just like AI, Nimrod, Tre, others in their store too

• Like 1

Just the Reprise version- just like AI, Nimrod, Tre, others in their store too

okay cool! wasn't sure if it would be a big 'difference' for a collector or not :P

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say it probably is the best of their 90's work but I think I prefer Warning

• 2 months later...

An absolute classic. Definitely my favorite album. Its been in my life for 21 years and I never get sick of it.

Edited by Insomniac85
  • Like 1

It contains Green Day's greatest ever song (Basket Case) and a few others that are in consideration for top 5 (Longview, Welcome to Paradise, She). So yeah its a damn good album. Kerplunk was a great album, and Dookie builds off the narrative of that album wonderfully. 

It contains Green Day's greatest ever song (Basket Case) and a few others that are in consideration for top 5 (Longview, Welcome to Paradise, She). So yeah its a damn good album. Kerplunk was a great album, and Dookie builds off the narrative of that album wonderfully. 

Basketcase is probably my least favorite song on Dookie. It's not that it's a bad song but it's overplayed. 

Basketcase is probably my least favorite song on Dookie. It's not that it's a bad song but it's overplayed. 

Well its overplayed because A) Its massive. If someone doesn't particularly enjoy Green Day, they must admit Basket Case is a masterpiece. B) Its probably the strongest song on Dookie, lyrically. C) The music video is badass. D) Above all, its just a damn good song. 

Well its overplayed because A) Its massive. If someone doesn't particularly enjoy Green Day, they must admit Basket Case is a masterpiece. B) Its probably the strongest song on Dookie, lyrically. C) The music video is badass. D) Above all, its just a damn good song. 

are you forgetting WICA - best gd video.

Basket Case is actually one of my least favorite songs on Dookie.  I don't agree it is a masterpiece.  It is most definitely one of their most iconic songs, but I personally don't think it is their best.  The lyrics on WICA and Longview are far superior.

are you forgetting Longview - best gd video from Dookie.

You can't get anything right, I had to fix it for you

You can't get anything right, I had to fix it for you

not gonna friggin like that either.

Edited by BillyjoelxkidXx

• 4 months later...