Dookie

captain peroxide

probably my favorite album with american idiot in a close second

i love FOD, basket case, longview, when i come around, and every other song on the album

i love this performance of she, can someone please tell me which show this is or direct me to where i can watch the full length of it cause it's perfect

dookie is definitely the best punk rock alum!!! love all the songs off the album!!!! :wub: :wub:

WELCOME TO PARADISE!!!

BASKET CASE!!

HAVING A BLAST!!!!

BURNING OUT!!!!

and all those other songs!!! :wub: :wub:

I started listening to this album A LOT after playing GDRB. All of the songs are just really amazing.

My favorites on the album would be Coming Clean and When I Come Around, and definitely Having A Blast.

I love Chump, it's probably my favourite Green Day song. I tried to get them to play it in Glasgow but they didn't seem to take any requests then - I think Billie read my flag though. Maybe that's why he pulled me up on stage - "Can't take any requests tonight, will a kiss do instead? Thought so."

Yep.

Dookie is so good. American Idiot came out when I was in high school growing up. OBVIOUSLY that album changed my life and I got/get so much out of it, but I could/can relate to so many of the songs on Dookie. it's such a good album about growing up and coming to age and being really fucking confused about who you are. I think every Green Day fan must have, in some point in their lives, had a song on Dookie that they could relate to.

Wow thats a toughy... the drums block what he's saying...it actually sounds like he's saying "loaded" or "laying" but neither actually make sense.

On the topic of Longview, you know when you have a low budget when you use duct tape on your guitar strap:

1.jpg

Dookie is so good. American Idiot came out when I was in high school growing up. OBVIOUSLY that album changed my life and I got/get so much out of it, but I could/can relate to so many of the songs on Dookie. it's such a good album about growing up and coming to age and being really fucking confused about who you are. I think every Green Day fan must have, in some point in their lives, had a song on Dookie that they could relate to.

YES, I agree with this completely! I think it's why Dookie is my favorite, because I've been able to relate to basically every song at some point or another.

Gah...Hard to choose a favorite(s). haha.

I like it as a whole, so much. xD

I think Dookie is my favourite album, along with Warning.

It's just so meaningful, everything about it. The lyrics, the time; and for Green Day. Pretty much every song on here, someone can relate to. I love it so much. :wub:

I've also become obsessed with Sassafras Roots over the last few weeks. It's fab, so cute. <3

Dookie, for the win. :thumbsup:

what does the boys actually sing/say in the song F.O.D, after the chorus part? :unsure:

I love all the songs of the album !!! I can't choose!! I think Dookie is the most "punk" album they have ever released !

I think Dookie is the most "punk" album they have ever released !

Disagree. That title easily goes to Insomniac.

what does the boys actually sing/say in the song F.O.D, after the chorus part?

I have a whole lotta love for Dookie. I think "Coming Clean," "Chump," and "F.O.D." are all very under-rated. "Having a Blast" is great too. The singles, of course, all rock. The hidden track is disgustingly priceless. A fantastic album.

This album (and Kerplunk + Smooth but more Dookie than anything) was the soundtrack to my early childhood...I remember the songs from when I was a little kid, the album came out in '94 when I was 3/4 years old and I grew up listening to it, and it's still amazing to me...

I guess this is my least favorite album.

But there are good songs though. :)

Dookie Kicks Arse!!!! Its such an angry sounding album, I love it!!

My fav songs from it are Burnout, Longview and When I Come Around.

"Dookie is Forever"-Tre` Cool :happy:

Sassafrass Roots has grown on me. I can't stop listening to it. That and In the End, especially now that I know the lyrics. xD

This whole album gets better every time you listen to it. :wub: