Dookie

captain peroxide

hmmmm i know alot of people say that Dookie was a defining album in Green Day's career but i disagree i think Kerplunk is (like i said in the kerplunk thread) Dookie is just their first Mainstream album.. Now in saying that i think its a brilliant album Songs like Basket case, when i come around, coming clean are evidence of that.. However i think that the songs on Kerplunk is slightly better than Dookie, the only difference is Dookie sounds better coz it was recorded in a proper studio..

I still love that album though..

Dookie :D it's not my favorite but i love it for the especially reason of: Basket Case who was the first Green Day song i listened when i had... 5 years old? maybe less i dont really know.

but my favorite song of the album is When i Come Around... im not sure if was Basket Case OR WICA the first song i listened, i just know that my uncle love WICA :lol: he like the whole album and that's not my fault...

other song i love are: F.O.D because... play it on the guitar is so great but your hand will hurt a lot of after that.:lol:

i also love In The End, Having a Blast, Longview, Chump and SHE :wub: every time i hear She i thinks in Green Day Chile 1998...fucking beautiful concert :cry:

there's no song i dont like of this album :happy:

I love how abrubtly the album starts. They just get right into it.

When I Come Around is like sex if sex was a song.

ahaha!! :lol:

I love how abrubtly the album starts. They just get right into it.

YES, "I declare i dont care anymore" is one of the best openings of an album ever.. Its just sets the whole mood for the album.. :wub:

When I Come Around is like sex if sex was a song.

that was the best thing anyone has ever said/typed.

One of the first Green Day albums I ever heard which I think is the same for older fans as well. This has also become my running album. Whenever I set out to go for a run I stick this on from the start and leave it playing. Makes me feel aliiiiive!

Anyway, I'd say my favourite tracks are Having a Blast, Longview, She, Coming Clean & F.O.D. That said, what is with all the hate for F.O.D? I absolutely LOVE it's love/quiet dynamic.

I was listening to Pulling Teeth this morning... for some reason this song always gets stuck in my head. :lol: i love the way it sounds humourous :happy:

that's one thing i like in this album. it's funny. some of the later albums imo are missing this.

I'd have to say Dookie's my favourite album. I used to change favourite albums all the time, but not for a while now. It's just brilliant all through. I can't pick one song to put on, 'cause it's always the whole album I want to listen to.

When I Come Around is my favourite song though. :wub:

I have to agree with you, Anna, my favorite album has been Nimrod for a long time, but Dookie is just .. perfect, I don't know how else to describe it

I was listening to Pulling Teeth this morning... for some reason this song always gets stuck in my head. :lol: i love the way it sounds humourous :happy:

that's one thing i like in this album. it's funny. some of the later albums imo are missing this.

Pulling Teeth always reminds me of the incident with the ceiling fan :lol:

The third GD album i ever heard...and its amazing. I love listening to it on repeat especially Having A Blast (i can relate to that song so much). But coming clean its amazing too, and sounds so good live (still cant actually believe that i have heard them do this live!)

I don't know what it is about When I Come Around, but every time I hear it, I think back to the 90's.

*sigh* Back when music fucking ROCKED!!!

Damnit, I miss the 90's!

when i come around is one of the best songs ever written! it's like ear sex

My favorite Green Day album...last year, when 21st CB came out, a friend told me that 21st CB was awful. Yesterday, while the same person was listening to dookie, he told me "When I come Around is amazing!...and also She!...and also...every song!"...

I think that everyone should listen to this record, and then should fall in love with it :D

I don't know what it is about When I Come Around, but every time I hear it, I think back to the 90's.

*sigh* Back when music fucking ROCKED!!!

Damnit, I miss the 90's!

Those were the days...!

I dunno, I'm not a huuge fan of Dookie. I like it, it's not just as omfingawesome as everyone acts.

I like WICA, Welcome to Paradise... not much others have really held my interest =/

What they succeed with Dookie is something very special..Write an album about masturbation and stuff like being bored and stoned and sell about 15 million albums...Oh my God...

seventeeeeen and coming clean for the firrrst timeee, i finally figured out myself for the firrrst timeeeee.

What they succeed with Dookie is something very special..Write an album about masturbation and stuff like being bored and stoned and sell about 15 million albums...Oh my God...

It's Green Day's magic. :lol:

When I Come Around, Having A Blast, Pulling Teeth, Basket Case and SHE. <3

I love this performance of She:

seventeeeeen and coming clean for the firrrst timeee, i finally figured out myself for the firrrst timeeeee.

i found out what it takes to be a man, and mom and dad will never understand what happened to me.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I MISS MY DOOKIE :cry: it was finally growing on me

My favorite Green Day album and the first one I bought -- 2 dollars at Goodwill, whooo!

My favorite Green Day album and the first one I bought -- 2 dollars at Goodwill, whooo!

And I was proud 'cause I payed 14 dollars for the american version in a secret store instead of the 20 for the chilean version in a normal store :lol: