Kerplunk

captain peroxide

one of my fav. albums. I changed my last name in fb in kerplunk..

hahaa I really love this album.

fav. songs.. hmm at the moment I would say: 2000 light years away, dominated love slave, one of my lies, android and who wrote holden caulfield :banana:

Who wrote the holden Caulfield will forever be one of my favorite Green Day songs. The lyrics just make me think a lot and remind me to do something with my life.

without a doubt my favorite Green Day album of all time. I'm still thinking about getting the Kerplunk flower tattooed on my shoulder or somewhere on my back when i get older :D

I love it soo much. Every song on there is amazing, especially One For The Razorbacks, Words I Might Have Ate, and No One Knows

• 1 month later...

I think this is one of their best. Wish they played more off this album at concerts. All the songs are great.

I really want Billie to do one for the razorbacks full song acoustically live or just played slowly. They played a little bit in a bootleg I have and it sounded awesome!

my favorite song from the album is 80. it reminds me of some other stuff they did later on.

Kerplunk is so great. I've also had a "One of My Lies" phase xD

There are so many awesome songs on there and the bassline to No One Knows is beautiful.

Probably one of my favorite Green Day albums :wub: :wub:

ohh god one of my lies,no one knows............................these songs are the best !! can't be better i wish they will make kerplunk 2 some day

Amazing album!

My favorite songs? God, that's difficult.

Maybe Christie Road, Who wrote Holden Caulfield, 2,000 Light Years Away, .. :blush:

This is my favorite Green Day album! My favorite song would be either Android or No One Knows :)

In my opinion Kerplunk is the most underrated Green Day album, although Nimrod is my all-time favorite. Favorite songs are Christie Road, Dominated Love Slave, One Of My Lies, and Android. Welcome To Paradise is too I guess, but I always think of that one off Dookie because that version is better.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't really care for Kerplunk much, same with 1039 smoothed. All the songs from those 2 Albums (1039 Smoothed & Kerplunk) just sounds Crap to me, even though that one song by Tre Cool was pretty Funny, and I'm not talking about All by myself (Awesome song) on Dookie. I'm not saying 1039 Smoothed & Kerplunk are bad Albums, I just don't care for it, since it's kinda crappy and all the songs, other then that Tre Cool song on Kerplunk, seems to......... Well, lets put it this way, CRAP! CRAP! and again, CRAP! I'm not against this Album, but its just Crap IMO. I do love Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning (LOVE WARNING!), Shenanigans, American Idiot, and 21st Century Breakdown, though. Thats just my opinion.

Edited by xbox360ROCKS

• 3 years later...

It was Green Day's second studio album, and I couldn't love it more! As far as their albums go, it's definitely weaker than others but this album helped them blossom into the Dookie phase which is one of their best. Hands down great album. The standouts for me are Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?, 2,000 Light Years Away, and One for the Razorbacks. I was a bit skeptical about the album when I first heard it, but then it grew on me and now I love it to death.

• Like 1

I have always loved kerplunk. But I listened to my new kerplunk vinyl the other day and it was like a completely new experience. The sound is just absolutely fantastic and now I'm like obsessed with kerplunk. Amazing record and wish they would play more songs from it. No one knows is phenomenal.

• 2 months later...

Ah Kerplunk... my personal favorite GD album. I think the narrative on this album is so perfect, every song has a clear feeling to it. It has a youthful naivety to it, which I can relate to it. Also, the My Generation cover is cool.

My fav song on it is Words I Might Have Ate. Is it only me that think it sounds a bit like The Beatles? Or at least reminds you of that kind of style? I think 2000 Light Years Away and Words I Might Have Ate sum up the album really well, both great songs.

Another really good song is Christie Road, soooo fun to sing along to.

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield is a really perfect song, top 5 ever GD song IMO.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Kerplunk is a masterpiece. My third favorite Green Day album. If I had one gripe I wish the album would end with Words I Might Have Ate and not included the Sweet Children EP.

• 1 month later...

I've heard quite a lot of people in this forum say that they don't like the Sweet Children part of it and I agree. I don't particularly think it's because of John Kiffmeyer drumming instead of Tré but I just think Kerplunk in general was a big step up from all the stuff that preceded it. The EP Sweet Children is probably my least favourite part of GD's discography cause I don't like Strangeland or Best Thing in Town and the other songs just aren't anything special either. 

Kerplunk is a great album but it's definetely one of my least favourite albums by Green Day. Dookie is where they really show how amazing they are but this album certainly has some awesome tracks. 2000 LYA sounds like it would've been a successful single if it was on Dookie. 2000 LYA, 80, Words I Might Have Ate and No One Knows would probably be my favourites

• 2 months later...

I  love kerplunk generally but most important of all , One Of My Lies is my favourite Green Day song and actually my favourite song of all time.

This album is definitely one of my favourite albums.One of my lies ,no one knows ,android are my top 3 songs.

• 3 months later...

KERPLUNK! 8.5/10

Kerplunk! is an odd outlier. It's definitely their best indie release. I've always found it odd that there's so many dark and deeper themes on this record while the album before it was more focused on straightforward love songs. Dookie, which came after it, kinda took it easy on the heavy themes, or at least wrapped them in a bright delivery and tongue in cheek humor (albeit Having A Blast is pretty dark). It really captures a moment in time that many of us experience and one I'm probably in right now... the doubts and fears that come with being a young adult. Tracks like Android, No One Knows, and Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? exemplify this the best. With growing up comes nostalgia, like that found on Christie Road and even Private Ale to some extent. One Of My Lies crystalizes the questions many of us have in our adolescence, questions that linger because you find that there really are no answers sometimes. Moving away from home is also examined on Welcome To Paradise. Even the love songs here are more creative than they were previously. One For The Razorbacks has a distinct sound I can't quite place, 80's bassline carries the song past expectations, and Words I Might Have Ate is a great acoustic closer. Even 2000 Light Years away, a more straightforward love song, is executed so well it outshines a lot of their other love songs up t to this point. It tackles many aspects of young adulthood, and to great effect. I've been spinning this thing for years and it still holds up. Good stuff, yo.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...