Kerplunk

captain peroxide

Great album... i love it. I don't know which song is my favourite, all are fantastic. I love this power ;)

I was so happy when they played Words I Might Have Ate live.

Edited by alex666

i love all the songs off this album, it probably my favorite album they did. Christie road has to be my favorite song off of it.

Kerplunk is probably my least favorite album.

It's not that I don't think it's good, it's just that I don't like it as much as GD's other albums.

The best songs are (in my opinion) 2000 Light Years Away, Christie Road and Dominated Love Slave.

I love Kerplunk! :wub:

My favorites are Words I Might Have Ate, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, One Of My Lies and of course 2,000 Light Years away!

It is one of my favorite albums and I have a lot of favorite songs, Dominated Love Slave, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, Words I might have ate...when I heard the album for the first time I didn't really know Green day and that's when Dominated love Slave started that I made an idea of Tré's personality :banana:

I have not been able to take this CD out of my car for a week now. I fucking love Kerplunk.

Fave songs: 2000LYA, One of my Lies, Christie Road, 80, One for the Razorbacks oh yea, and a little song called Dominated Love Slave :wub: so pretty much the whole album :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fucking awesome album!

It's for sure one of my favorite albums by them.

Some of my favorite songs off of it are:

"One of My Lies"(explains growing up and people

who think they know everything perfectly),

"2,000 Light Years Away"(I wish I was Adrienne),

"80"(I wish I was Adrienne),

"No One Knows" (sweet ass bass line!), and

"Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?" (After reading the

book Catcher In the Rye, this song made a lot

more sense to me lol)

Kerplunk is definitely the album that introduced me to the older Green Day stuff, and I completely fell in love with it. Songs like Christie Road, 2000 Light Years Away, Dominated Love Slave come into my all time favourites, I like the simplicity of the artwork too, I have kerplunk flowers drawn everywhere :lol: and I can't wait to have it tattooed. I named my guitar Kerplunk and several times just end up reading the Laurie.L. story over and over again. That one line always sticks out to me, "Everyone gets two parents, but there's only one Green Day..."

Close second to my favourite album (AI) love it <3

Tell me if this is dumb:

I haven't heard any of the songs yet. :mellow: because it's the only album i haven't been able to find. So this is my thing:

I'm waiting for that heartattac-moment when i actually FIND it in a recordshop (i did the same thing with shenanigans) and then i'll go home and listen to it for the first time!

It'll be like.... virginity. music virginity :lol:

In my defence i haven't been a big fan for very long.

But now I'm unsure if i'll be able to wait much longer though.

Is this lame? :unsure: It sounds lame in my head, but i still want to proceed.

Guest FlirtyDutherMucker

Really underrated, I wish more so-called 'fans' took the time to listen to this one, its awesome

Favourites are Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? and Christie Road

• 6 months later...

So I recently started to go back to all of their older albums and really listen to all of the words and sounds from it. I got to say, I really like Kerplunk. You can tell that they got their sound together from their first album and they have developed more with it. Plus I love a lot of the songs off of this album too, like Christie Road. It's a very beautiful song to me, and I just love the lyrics and the music. Kerplunk was a really good album and I think that if people want to start getting into the "Old" Green Day music then they should listen to this.

Tell me if this is dumb:

I haven't heard any of the songs yet. :mellow: because it's the only album i haven't been able to find. So this is my thing:

I'm waiting for that heartattac-moment when i actually FIND it in a recordshop (i did the same thing with shenanigans) and then i'll go home and listen to it for the first time!

It'll be like.... virginity. music virginity :lol:

In my defence i haven't been a big fan for very long.

But now I'm unsure if i'll be able to wait much longer though.

Is this lame? :unsure: It sounds lame in my head, but i still want to proceed.

IT IS NOT LAME! i'm saving shenanigans for a while, then I'll have them all xD but trust me, you're in for a treat when you listen to kerplunk :wub:

i looove kerplunk :') such an amazing album. I find all the tracks so different and interesting. plus my favourite song is off of kerplunk - 80 :woot:

long live this album!

I LOVE Kerplunk . . prob. my fav Green Day album. I love this whole era of the band, the gigs, the bootlegs .. all of it. They were sooo good and well on their way to becoming huge. I honestly think if they would have signed with a major for Kerplunk and recorded those songs on a major lable budget it would have been as big as Dookie if not bigger.

i didn't know we had a thread like this.

anyways, i ADORE kerplunk. it's my third favorite album and all the songs are amazing. it's a huge jump from 1039/sosh. my favrote song is either 80 or 2000 light years away.

adrienne really brings the best out of billie :)

kerplunk is one of my fave albums cause most of his songs made me fan of green day specially no one knows it's a great song,one of my lies as well..........

and the art work in it is nice :P the laughing flower .....lol

i listen to it everyday twice or even more and it has one of the biggest hits for green day(welcome to paradise) ........so this album is very important :P and i think that every fan should listen to it more and more

"This song's off our album. It's called Kerplunk. It's kind of in line with the shit thing, ya know, it's like you take a dookie and it kerplunks in the toilet." - Billie Joe what does he mean??

Kerplunk is one of my favorite albums. I love the songs 2000 Light Years Away, 80, Christie Road, One For The Razorbacks, Dominated Love Slave and Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? :D