Letterbomb!

J'net

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after Holiday this is my second favourite song from American idiot...music is great, lyrics are good, but Tre's playing drums is the best...

When American Idiot first came out this was one of my least favourites from the album. I still loved it, but just not as much as some of the others, but now I REALLY love this song. :wub:

When I first got American Idiot I didn't think it was among the best songs on the album but now it's one of my favorites.

I've been listening to this song alot lately, love it, gonna be epic to play on Green Day Rock Band.

I would marry this song if I could!!

:lol:

There is nothing I don't like about this song. I really, really, really hope I get to hear it live one day. AND IT HAS KATHLEEN HANNA ON IT. I can't express how brilliant that is.

This song is so amazing, I love the lyrics, they're so powerful.

Of course there's Billie's scream, but my heart just melts everytime

he sings "She said I cant take this place, I'm leaving you behind."

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Yes! Finally, I'm glad this song got chosen. My favorite song from the American Idiot album. :wub:

Words cannot describe my love for this song. The lyrics, Billie's voice, the guitars, the bass, the drums, everything that has to do with the song is just fantastic. :wub:

This is one of my top three favorites off of American Idiot. The lyrics are so powerful to me, especially the ending:

"She said I can't take this place

I'm leaving it behind

Well she said I can't take this town

I'm leaving you tonight"

The emotion is overpowering.

Love the guitar on this song. Love the line "where have all the riots gone?" I guess that means people are quitting and going home maybe? Everyone else is moving on?

One of my favourite songs everrr. <3

The 'you're not the jesus of suburbia, the saint jimmy is a figment of your father's rage and your mother's love, made me the idiot americaaaa' bit is amazing. It just feels really uplifting, and i love lines that link to the rest of the album. Although, apart from Whatsername leaving, i don't really get what the lyrics are about...

The best song on American Idiot. I just love the part of the song when it goes

"You're not the Jesus of Suburbia!

The St. Jimmy is a figment of

Your father's rage and your mother's love -

Made me the idiot America!"

It's just so powerful.

exactly :thumbsup: it's so powerful :banana: I almost explode singing this (only if Im really in the song of course :whistle )

This is one of my top three favorites off of American Idiot. The lyrics are so powerful to me, especially the ending:

"She said I can't take this place

I'm leaving it behind

Well she said I can't take this town

I'm leaving you tonight"

The emotion is overpowering.

totally agree, that's exactly what i was thinking! this song is one of my favorites from american idiot. it's epic! <3

this song is about the people who started hating them after they left Lookout! and signed to a major record label.

It's not over 'till you're underground

no I'm kidding, their songs sure make you think don't they? haha

Letterbomb....ok considering theres like a billion pages of "its my favourite song ever" messages, I may get a slight ass kicking over this but figured its always good to have a different opinion in the mix right? So the thing about Letterbomb is that iv never really liked it . Maybe iv never really given it a chance. I've been a huge GD fan since Kerplunk days (im reeeeally old! Haha!) and of course American Idiot is epic, but for some weird reason thats the one and only song i never bothered listening to and even to this day i skip it every time, its pure blasphemy in the house of Green Day I know! Haha. I think it comes down to the womans voice at the start, it grates my nerves so bad I just hit "next" and its on to my absolute fave on the album, Homecoming. That and the fact the boys hardly ever played it at their shows iv been to (maybe a couple of concerts out of the 14) just kept it kinda way down the bottom of unforgettable GD songs. But thanks to everyone who's posted how much they love it tho, i'm giving it a a listen as I write, its actually good once you get past the first bit! :)

^ Haha, I know exactly what you mean with as soon as you hear the beginning, you skip it. I have that with All The Time. (not with Letterbomb, haha, I'm part of the "I love this song"-group)

Letterbomb....ok considering theres like a billion pages of "its my favourite song ever" messages, I may get a slight ass kicking over this but figured its always good to have a different opinion in the mix right? So the thing about Letterbomb is that iv never really liked it . Maybe iv never really given it a chance. I've been a huge GD fan since Kerplunk days (im reeeeally old! Haha!) and of course American Idiot is epic, but for some weird reason thats the one and only song i never bothered listening to and even to this day i skip it every time, its pure blasphemy in the house of Green Day I know! Haha. I think it comes down to the womans voice at the start, it grates my nerves so bad I just hit "next" and its on to my absolute fave on the album, Homecoming. That and the fact the boys hardly ever played it at their shows iv been to (maybe a couple of concerts out of the 14) just kept it kinda way down the bottom of unforgettable GD songs. But thanks to everyone who's posted how much they love it tho, i'm giving it a a listen as I write, its actually good once you get past the first bit! :)

Hi, thanks for posting here and sharing your thoughts! I think we all have songs like that, and as you've said, this is a discussion thread where we want to hear people's honest opinions. I always liked Letterbomb, but surprisingly learned to love it when I saw Rebecca perform it in the AI musical. She's so incredibly powerful and her body language as well as her voice really demonstrate the power of this song!

Oh, BTW, I'm using the IP.Board skin, and your yellow font doesn't show up unless I highlight your whole post. If you could change it another color that will work with both skins, that would be really friendly :).

Soo... next sotw?

I'm hoping for Mother Mary in honor of last week's Tubbies shows. :)

Soo... next sotw?

I'm working on it! Can't believe I'm late again. Wait a minute ... yes I can believe it considering Monday started off with a FBHT show and then 3 flights to get home (without time for a shower). I haven't caught up on my sleep yet. But the next one will be posted today :).

Hi, thanks for posting here and sharing your thoughts! I think we all have songs like that, and as you've said, this is a discussion thread where we want to hear people's honest opinions. I always liked Letterbomb, but surprisingly learned to love it when I saw Rebecca perform it in the AI musical. She's so incredibly powerful and her body language as well as her voice really demonstrate the power of this song!

Oh, BTW, I'm using the IP.Board skin, and your yellow font doesn't show up unless I highlight your whole post. If you could change it another color that will work with both skins, that would be really friendly :).

Hi! Thanks for the reply, and letting me know! Just message me if I need to change anything in my posts (im a bit on the old side for all the various site forum lingo! Hehe!)

• 1 month later...

i love this song so much but when i first heard it , i didn't like it then i saw that many people liked it, so i heard it again with attention and <3 <3 <3

I love this song! It was definitely a powerful tune when Rebecca Naomi sung in the musical. :]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived