Sign in to follow this  
Nmd

Foxboro Hot Tubs in NYC

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Yay for the New Yorkers and everyone else who can go :happy:

and any activity from the Tubbies is nice, of course =D

Mommy's Little Nightmare

I think the only way I'm gonna be able to pull off going since it'll be announced so last minute is to try to convince someone I know in NY to get a ticket, and then I'd meet up with t.hem and pay them when I got there. Thankfully, I do know a couple of people down there, so... here's hoping!

And that's assuming there even IS gonna be a show.

TAG

arent their shows first come first serve to buy tickets at the door? lol

Mommy's Little Nightmare

arent their shows first come first serve to buy tickets at the door? lol

Fuck if I know. I just know that if they announce it the day of, I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting there in time to be able to GET a ticket.

I could get there, yeah, but I don't know if I'd get there and be like... the 50 billionth person in line, and not get in. That's the one thing I hate about the last minuteness of their shows.

TAG

well im just saying....... if thats the case its gona suck to get a ticket. i heard all their other shows are first come first serve with the tickets and shit....

ksquish

Fuck if I know. I just know that if they announce it the day of, I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting there in time to be able to GET a ticket.

I could get there, yeah, but I don't know if I'd get there and be like... the 50 billionth person in line, and not get in. That's the one thing I hate about the last minuteness of their shows.

If you go to the FBHT site and look at the Photo section, it lists all the shows they have played and says something along the lines of "Tickets to these shows were sold at the door for $20." As in, you don't get a ticket until you get to the door to go in the show. And I don't see a reason why they'd change that system. It keeps the scalpers away and is ultimately fair.

Mommy's Little Nightmare

well im just saying....... if thats the case its gona suck to get a ticket. i heard all their other shows are first come first serve with the tickets and shit....

Yeah. That's what scares the shit out of me. If they announce the show the day of, and the tickets are first come first serve, I'm not gonna be able to get in. There's that whole pesky 2 and a half hour train ride that would prevent me from getting there as early as I'd like.

If they announced it the day before, I'd have to get a train that day, and wait outside overnight. Which... I'd DO, but spending another night sitting on a street waiting for Green Day sounds unpleasant. Especially since I don't know if I'd be by myself or if I'd actually have other fans doing the same damn thing to talk to.

XD

If you go to the FBHT site and look at the Photo section, it lists all the shows they have played and says something along the lines of "Tickets to these shows were sold at the door for $20." As in, you don't get a ticket until you get to the door to go in the show. And I don't see a reason why they'd change that system. It keeps the scalpers away and is ultimately fair.

I didn't say it was unfair or that they should change it. I already explained my logic, and I'm not going to type that all out again.

TAG

Yeah. That's what scares the shit out of me. If they announce the show the day of, and the tickets are first come first serve, I'm not gonna be able to get in. There's that whole pesky 2 and a half hour train ride that would prevent me from getting there as early as I'd like.

If they announced it the day before, I'd have to get a train that day, and wait outside overnight. Which... I'd DO, but spending another night sitting on a street waiting for Green Day sounds unpleasant. Especially since I don't know if I'd be by myself or if I'd actually have other fans doing the same damn thing to talk to.

XD

yeah i just wish theyd officially announce something. even though thats up on the website... it doesnt mean its even that 100% for sure =/

Mommy's Little Nightmare

yeah i just wish theyd officially announce something. even though thats up on the website... it doesnt mean its even that 100% for sure =/

Exactly. I just wish that the shows weren't announced so last minute. It's cool for the people that live nearby, but at the same time- people have jobs and other things going on. Announcing it so last minute isn't only hard on the people who have to travel to get there, but people who may have to work.

That's the only thing I dislike, really. Even a day's notice would be better than announcing it the day of.

ksquish

XD

I didn't say it was unfair or that they should change it. I already explained my logic, and I'm not going to type that all out again.

Did I say that? No. I'm just sharing my opinion on the whole ticket ordeal. I live in Boston and I'm going to trek out there to see the show (if it happens). I would love to buy tickets beforehand without scalpers taking them and selling them for $1,000, but that's just not going to happen. I wish, though.

TAG

yeah totally true. its gona be a pain in the ass...if it even happens at all to begin with =/

Mommy's Little Nightmare

I guess part of the reason I'm so wound up about the whole work thing is because they bought me that ticket to the April 17th performance of AI, and they were so cool when I called in so I could go to the soundcheck thing on the 23rd. I don't want to keep screwing them over, and with how last minute the Hot Tubs are and have always been, I'd end up doing that to them... again.

Hopefully we'll at least get a day's notice, but I don't know. I'm going to TRY no matter what.

ksquish

I guess part of the reason I'm so wound up about the whole work thing is because they bought me that ticket to the April 17th performance of AI, and they were so cool when I called in so I could go to the soundcheck thing on the 23rd. I don't want to keep screwing them over, and with how last minute the Hot Tubs are and have always been, I'd end up doing that to them... again.

Hopefully we'll at least get a day's notice, but I don't know. I'm going to TRY no matter what.

Billie announced the PHGP show a while ago on Twitter the day before the show in the afternoon. So hopefully they will do something similar.

son

well there goes my plan for holding spots for GDCers... now to carry 20's with me for the next 3 weeks

Mommy's Little Nightmare

Billie announced the PHGP show a while ago on Twitter the day before the show in the afternoon. So hopefully they will do something similar.

Yeah, that would be great. It'd give me time to find someone to cover for me, assuming I had to work that day, and to get to the venue to sit there and wait.

I just hope there'll be other people doing the same thing. The prospect of being virtually alone outside a venue all night kinda freaks me out.

Robin105

Im going to try and take off may 3rd and 4th just in case this is true. I just hope that week is still in the book. If not then I just have to hope I get off

Joy of suburbia.

hopefully. It would be good for me cause I can get my friend to go with me, park in one of those pay and parks by Penn Station

and just take the Path there.

and plus, finals would be done and I'll be out of school.

But...then again, I'll ask my dad to take me to Penn Station and pick me up cause I don't wannk drink and drive.

I'm gonna try REALLY hard to go to this concert.

Mommy's Little Nightmare

if this show is indeed happening, it will not be easy to get in to. I will try and find some info and get back to you people.

[

That would be awesome if you could actually find something out. I was so disappointed when they actually did their tour in 08 and didn't come anywhere near New York. If this show is actually gonna happen, that would be amazing.

OliDayyy

NO WAYYYY

:'(

I was hoping for a show when I'm in NY (April 19- 26), but I guess it will be impossible, I'm so sad :(

lizziebix

You can drink, not buy in SC at 18.

A judge ruled that the federal law was not constitutional. For those that might not know, the smaller the government, the more power, in theory, it has to evoke it''s only laws or augment federal laws. It can't make murder legal but it can decrminilize weed (like in Cali) :) :) (one of the things that keep me here), or ban alcohol all together, or make it cheaper.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10726099

That's how he gets around the federal law. You can drink but not buy it and since you're not buying it we'll still give you govenment funds for your roads. Always a loophole.

davegrohllover

Damn wish i could go so bad! Everyone who going, I hope you have a blast! :)

Mommy's Little Nightmare

No one's going, because this is all still speculation.

We're spazzing out, but we have no idea if any of these are actually gonna be the Hot Tubs. XD

valentinesandcigs

Okay so if this happens i'm defiantly going. :woot: I'm gonna be a nervous wreck until they announce it :lol:

I'm pretty sure they will do a show. They love New York and the musical is opening soon. It would be perfect.

swarheely

i need official statements that it's going to be the fbht, i will definitely go if its them, ive seen green day a few times, and ill see them again sometime, but i dont want to chance missing out on the one time fbht actually came east coast!

Mommy's Little Nightmare

Okay so if this happens i'm defiantly going. :woot: I'm gonna be a nervous wreck until they announce it :lol:

I'm pretty sure they will do a show. They love New York and the musical is opening soon. It would be perfect.

I'm sure they will too. I mean, The Reverend made that little comment on Facebook about "I got you on my mind England..." and it took a while, but it happened.

I don't think the guys would be like "Yeah, sure." about an FHT show if they weren't actually going to do it.

i need official statements that it's going to be the fbht, i will definitely go if its them, ive seen green day a few times, and ill see them again sometime, but i dont want to chance missing out on the one time fbht actually came east coast!

Please tell me your username is from How I Met Your Mother.

That would make me so happy inside...

XD

Sign in to follow this