Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How 'bout Pasalacqua & Longview (the place they played at, not where it was filmed) =/

Yeah Pasalacqua is a church or something, right?

EDIT: i found the tweet about it

Pasalacqua= funeral home in Benicia Ca. We used to play at Desba's house and the Camel barns. We had great shows there w Monsula

The Armstrong home's address can be found in the booklet for "The Big One" compilation that features "I Want To Be Alone". I included it since it is widely available to the public. I have no idea if any members of the Armstrong family still live there.

I will add the other area people have suggested hopefully sometime today. If anyone knows whether tight wad hill is at UC Berkley, Pinole Valley HS, or John Swett HS please let me know.

The Armstrong home's address can be found in the booklet for "The Big One" compilation that features "I Want To Be Alone". I included it since it is widely available to the public. I have no idea if any members of the Armstrong family still live there.

I will add the other area people have suggested hopefully sometime today. If anyone knows whether tight wad hill is at UC Berkley, Pinole Valley HS, or John Swett HS please let me know.

It's not widely available to the public, most people have never heard of that compilation. That came out 20 years ago, I don't think they really had any fans that would actually stalk those places out back then, it'd have been used for fanmail. Sure, you have no idea if any of the Armstrongs lives there and if they do, it'd be his 80-whatever year old mom. Lets not take the risk of some creepy fuckers showing up outside her house, yeah? :)

It's not widely available to the public, most people have never heard of that compilation. That came out 20 years ago, I don't think they really had any fans that would actually stalk those places out back then, it'd have been used for fanmail. Sure, you have no idea if any of the Armstrongs lives there and if they do, it'd be his 80-whatever year old mom. Lets not take the risk of some creepy fuckers showing up outside her house, yeah? :)

Ok, I'll remove it then.

Also, if anyone knows the address/exact location of the Ashby house, that would be great.

Cool thread idea. Next time Green Day goes on tour i'm planning on going to California w/ some friends to catch a show or 2 and then travel around and visit some landmarks so this will help me out. Thanks

Milton Keynes

Woodstock

If anyone who happens to be in New York wants to visit the site of Woodstock '94, it should be noted that it didn't actually take place in Woodstock, NY. It was held in Saugerties, NY which is only about 15-20 minutes away from Woodstock. :) /local

Tight Wad Hill is in Pinole Valley, near the high school.

fm5004.jpg

How 'bout Longview (the place they played at, not where it was filmed) =/

Yeah that's the Ashby House

I added what I *believe* to be the Ashby house to the map. If anyone knows for sure, tell me.

Ok, I'll remove it then.

Also, if anyone knows the address/exact location of the Ashby house, that would be great.

People live in the Ashby house, it's also a private address.

People live in the Ashby house, it's also a private address.

I didn't include an address, but a Google search with "green day ashby house" will give it to you. I included it since no member of Green Day lives there and more people know about it as opposed to the Armstrong house. Should there be a "no private residences" rule? I don't care either way. I'll remove it for now.

In other map news, The Ruby Room has been found and added to the map. However, I cannot find the exact location of Fiat Music as the directions put the placemark in the middle of the street, and I can't identify the building in street view mode. If anyone can help, please do. I also adjusted the placemark at Christie Rd. to show the area where people hang out.

I didn't include an address, but a Google search with "green day ashby house" will give it to you. I included it since no member of Green Day lives there and more people know about it as opposed to the Armstrong house. Should there be a "no private residences" rule? I don't care either way. I'll remove it for now.

In other map news, The Ruby Room has been found and added to the map. However, I cannot find the exact location of Fiat Music as the directions put the placemark in the middle of the street, and I can't identify the building in street view mode. If anyone can help, please do. I also adjusted the placemark at Christie Rd. to show the area where people hang out.

I feel like no private addresses should be a thing. It's kinda awkward. I would just settle for Ashby Street, and if someone wanted to drive down and see- so be it, but no actual address.

As far as Fiat Music, I can't give you the exact address because I don't know it, but I do know it's in a plaza in Pinole Valley. There's also a Walgreens, and a Subway, and stuff in said plaza. IT's really nearby the high school.

Wait! You can see a number in the picture I took of the place. I would try searching that number and Pinole, maybe it'll give you something... not in the street.

b4wxnm.jpg

I feel like no private addresses should be a thing. It's kinda awkward. I would just settle for Ashby Street, and if someone wanted to drive down and see- so be it, but no actual address.

As far as Fiat Music, I can't give you the exact address because I don't know it, but I do know it's in a plaza in Pinole Valley. There's also a Walgreens, and a Subway, and stuff in said plaza. IT's really nearby the high school.

Wait! You can see a number in the picture I took of the place. I would try searching that number and Pinole, maybe it'll give you something... not in the street.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i56.tinypic.com/b4wxnm.jpg

Thanks! I found Fiat Music and added it to the map. I also marked Ashby Ave. near Telegraph Ave. Does anyone have anymore ideas? I'm looking for specific locations and streets.

OH i thought of one! The 7-11 they sing about in Jesus of suburbia. I'm not sure where it is, but i think it was across the street from their school, but i don't really know. (if there even is a 7-11 there)

But i remember somebody talking about it on the forum.

OH i thought of one! The 7-11 they sing about in Jesus of suburbia. I'm not sure where it is, but i think it was across the street from their school, but i don't really know. (if there even is a 7-11 there)

But i remember somebody talking about it on the forum.

Actually, I noticed there is a 7-11 between Pinole Valley High and Fiat Music. That's gotta be it!

Actually, I noticed there is a 7-11 between Pinole Valley High and Fiat Music. That's gotta be it!

i remember talking about it in the Q&A thread. We talked about alot of places around page 79. And i found a post made by Aska that explains the location. She should know, she's been there.

plug these co-ordinates into google maps:

37.995199,-122.280042

that's Tiight Wad Hill.

You can see Pinole High to the west, and Pinole Valley Shopping Centre, where Fiat Records is located.

Also, the 7-11 across the road from the Shopping Centre is THE 7-11 from Jesus of Suburbia (the song lyric, not the video) according to the guy that worked at Fiat. makes sense.

'the 7-11 where I was taught' - Billie was taught at Fiat...

i remember talking about it in the Q&A thread. We talked about alot of places around page 79. And i found a post made by Aska that explains the location. She should know, she's been there.

Awesome, thanks!

oo that's really cool. I'll use this if I ever make that North American road trip I've always wanted to take.

Wow this is a great idea actually! Thanks a lot for that! :)

Broadway?

Berkeley square?

La jolla?

HIGHWAY 1?!

Believe it or not, there's people who don't know about the pasific coast hwy.

Oh is jingletown up there?

Archived