Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

Aw I'm jealous! I hope you have an amazing time. :)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For your trip to Emeryville, you're better off taking a bus (57 stops right by Hollis Street) or EMERY-GO-ROUND which is like a local bus that takes you everywhere in Emeryville for free.

Same for Gilman, the bus station is closer than any BART station. I forgot what bus I took there but I will go look and let you know.

The rest I will let you know via PM :ninja:

Adeline Street Shop - there's no shop anymore as far as I know. You can visit Adeline Street though although there's nothing really exciting there :lol:

Rodeo is up north, it's easy to get there but it's a boring town. You can combine your trip to Christie Road and Rodeo though because there are tracks near Rodeo. Your only problem might be that there is no BART going to Rodeo.

Oh, and why East 12th Street? Because it's mentioned in "Homecoming" :P

When are you going to do this trip?

Well I guess I will need ore than one day, but I will be in Berkeley/Oakland on April 17th for sure (as it is my 20th birthday <3 ) and yeah I'll be by myself and with no car.

hopefully i'll be lucky enough to visit some of these places when i go there in september :)

• 10 months later...

I know there are a lot of people that like to/would like to go to all of the points of interest that have to do with Green Day's history, so I made a map pointing out everything I could think of. I have been to most of these places, the rest are places that the band has mentioned in songs, interviews, album credits, etc. I'm sure I'm missing some locations, so If anyone has anything they feel should be added, let me know.

Green Day Landmarks Map

I thought about Tight Wad Hill, but I don't know for sure if it's the one by UC Berkeley or one by their high school. Too many conflicting stories. If anyone knows for sure let me know.

That's really cool. I wish I had something to add, but I don't.

It's also neat to click through in Street View and see what the members of Green Day see very frequently. *sigh* :rolleyes:

[/daydream]

Do they have to be in the US? If not, what about Wembley Stadium and the Milton Keynes Bowl?

This is a great idea :cool:

Do they have to be in the US? If not, what about Wembley Stadium and the Milton Keynes Bowl?

This is a great idea :cool:

Well, this isn't a Great Places GD Played thread, it's a landmark thread. Maybe someone could make a separate list for "big" concerts?

Oh I know, I just thought they were interesting parts of Green Day's history as well as "big" concerts :)

wow pretty cool.!

I've another one: the house, longview was filmed in; Ashby Ave Berkeley ;)

That's a great idea, argh just annoyed I can't think of any landmarks to add at the moment...

I have a whole 'Green Day Landmarks' tour thing written up, if anyone wants me to post it.

needs a little bit of updating, but still.

Also, it's probably not the best of ideas to put up people's private adresses, seeing as there are some crazies out there that may just use that sort of info in a bad way =/

This is a cool idea. I'm going in a road trip down the coast of California this summer so it will come in handy!

That's pretty cool and all, but you really should take down the private address. Like Aska said, there's a lot of people who will decide to actually go there and spread that address around etc...

This reminds me i kind of want to make a fictional map of green day places including Murder City and other made up places. Just for my own sake. :)

It's a cool idea but the private address really needs to come down.

I made a list for the places in the Bay Area:

924 Gilman Street

Stuart and the Ave (..Telegraph Ave)

Pinole Valley High School clicky licky

John Swett High School (where BJ and Mike met)

Fiat Music Records ( where BJ recorded 'Look For Love'. and Maria, Billie's old Piano teacher works there! I met her!!!!)

Rodeo

Foxboro

Christie Road

Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe

Powell Bart Station in SF (where Billie hung up the phone in When I Come Around)

Ashby House (Billie and Mike used to live there, and the Longview video was filmed over there)

Westbound Sign

I've been to all those landmarks :D

i postd a thread about this and no one replied.. thanks!

I know there are a lot of people that like to/would like to go to all of the points of interest that have to do with Green Day's history, so I made a map pointing out everything I could think of. I have been to most of these places, the rest are places that the band has mentioned in songs, interviews, album credits, etc. I'm sure I'm missing some locations, so If anyone has anything they feel should be added, let me know.

Green Day Landmarks Map

tight wad hill?

^

I thought about Tight Wad Hill, but I don't know for sure if it's the one by UC Berkeley or one by their high school. Too many conflicting stories. If anyone knows for sure let me know.

Archived