Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

Last time I checked, fucking all of them did dude. Maybe he realized and removed, but damn.

Cant remove map once its been posted and maps arent really accurate I posted one pic from my house instagram maps showed it in a location 200 miles away

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant remove map once its been posted and maps arent really accurate I posted one pic from my house instagram maps showed it in a location 200 miles away

All of mine are accurate. Maybe not all. But if you wanna go to his house and 5 of his pictures all have the same location approximately, that's where you're gonna go. It won't be spot on, but it'll at least get you to the street

One day my friend. I am far away, you are twice as far, but I know one day I will sit in that restaurant and eat the food. Probably chicken. One day.

Your ton almost made me cry.

Though, could you pick me guys, I promise I will not be a burden, all I need is money and sandwiches to trip with you.

Go to Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Oakland. The food is awesome, and it's partly-owned by Mike.

http://www.youtube.com/wa

EDIT: Didn't see that you already mentioned that you were going there. Oops, haha :lol:

1) I'm sure they said that reporter's name was Joe Risotto Jr, didn't they? :lol:

2) You'd think that, when they put the name banner under Mike, they'd mention that he is also co-owner of the cafe, not just a famous bassist!

One day my friend. I am far away, you are twice as far, but I know one day I will sit in that restaurant and eat the food. Probably chicken. One day.

Let´s make it an international meeting. Next year. Or the year after. Or... Would be funny, I guess. Will try to meet you there.

A meet-up would be insane !

The Powell station where the When I Come Around video was shot is also a good place. The telephone is still there.

Personally, I think going to any of their houses is creepy, lol.

With that said, have a great time in the Bay, it's great, you are going to love it. Just make sure you look up the weather. It can be a lot colder there than you think.

Why go to venues like Tiki Bar or Pinole Calley High School or other places where they've played? There's no gonna be anything there. Hell, they've played everywhere in Oakland.

And I forgot that Billie got a DUI in 2003. That's like really irresponsible.

This thread is handy, I'm going to sf next year! Dunno about visiting Oakland though isn't it supposed to be pretty rough? :P

Hi everyone,

I'm going to San Francisco & Berkeley, California next year, and thought it would be cool to check out some Green Day land marks,

does anyone know where Christie Road, Longview video house, Gilman street, Fantasy studios are exactly?

I'm also going to check out Mike Dirnt's diner Rudy can't fail in Emeryville, any other decent landmarks you guys know of?

Be really grateful if you can let me know, thanks guys xoxo

There was already a thread for this subject so I've merged yours with it :)

• 3 years later...
30 minutes ago, lostandclowned said:

I went on a sightseeing tour last week. Pix here: https://myalbum.com/album/QVAmrnvUzXFR

That's an amazing report from your sightseeing tour! Thanks for sharing. I really hope I can do something similar in the future and see at least some of these iconic places.

Thanks so much for posting this, what a great tour!  I love seeing the actual places songs are written about, I've never been there so I would just look them up on Google maps. This is much better 🙂

Two questions: So is Passalacqua not the name of a town? (I assumed it was) Or is it only the name of the funeral home?

I didn't know Studio 880 was sold. Is it still a recording studio or have GD moved 100% into Otis now? I thought Otis was too small to be their full time studio?

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Thanks so much for posting this, what a great tour!  I love seeing the actual places songs are written about, I've never been there so I would just look them up on Google maps. This is much better 🙂

Two questions: So is Passalacqua not the name of a town? (I assumed it was) Or is it only the name of the funeral home?

I didn't know Studio 880 was sold. Is it still a recording studio or have GD moved 100% into Otis now? I thought Otis was too small to be their full time studio?

Pasalacqua is not the name of a town, no. 

I saw a few of the Green Day sights when I went in April. Didn't see as much as I would've liked since I wasn't there for long, but it was an amazing (and very surreal) experience. I can't wait to go back despite Oakland's reputation as the Detroit of California :P

Broken Guitars

tumblr_otjuc0dwkG1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

The Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Oakland

tumblr_oti9ez8pmO1wnd24ho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oti9ez8pmO1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

1-2-3-4 GO! Records, where Green Day played one of their secret shows (the "Bay Area Music Fan Event") for the Trilogy. Billie and Joey also built the stage there and he's supported it a lot.

tumblr_otibgsKq6a1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_otibgsKq6a1wnd24ho2_1280.jpg

Around West Oakland Station from the BART, the station referred to in Welcome to Paradise ("a gunshot rings out at the station")

tumblr_otjufxm3hh1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

The Fox Theatre, where Green Day played a secret show for 21st Century Breakdown, one of the few times it was played in full live. The 2016 Dookie celebration event also happened here, when it was declared official Green Day day in Oakland :D The Oakland Rudy's is here as well.

tumblr_otjuaqigzR1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, where the whole "80" thing comes from. The band have also talked about knowing they were finally home after gruelling tours when they saw the bridge.

tumblr_otjukm4apz1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

Some more pics in here

Inside Broken Guitars

17880470_777127379112749_695767948967290

ok so I didn't have time to find the Stuart crossing but I did take a picture with a Telegraph Ave sign

17546703_777127259112761_143429554796508

Another picture inside Rudy's

tumblr_oti9ez8pmO1wnd24ho3_1280.jpg

If you'd like to post any of these photos elsewhere please credit my My Rage My Love My Life project! This is my professional work :) 

Oakland is just full of Green Day history (and references if you're enough of a fangirl) - the impact they've had on their hometown is incredible and they sure won't ever be forgotten in the Bay Area.

Pasalacqua is the name of the funeral home in Benicia.

4 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Pasalacqua is the name of the funeral home in Benicia.

I know that because it was pictured above but my question was whether that was the only source of the name or whether it was also a town, which seems to be no. And it only makes me wonder more what the significance to the song could be.

Billie Joe and his friends would hang out in Benicia I believe there was a girl living in the town that he liked or was his grflfriend.??

Pasalaqua was on the street that they hung out on.

More to see:

Nantucket restaurant in Crockett, Mike worked there in high school.

Red Onion in El Sobrante - Billie Joe worked there

7-11 on Pinole Valley Road

Foxboro Apartments in Hercules, where Mike and Billie Joe hung out when they were building the housing development and hot tubs and got the the name for Foxboro Hottubs.

On 23/07/2017 at 6:14 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Thank you for sharing these 🙂 And love your hair btw.

You're welcome and thank you :D Hopefully I'll have more to share one day. I'm hoping to do my Master's degree there (and eventually live there actually, since my fiance is from Oakland) and then I'll have plenty of time for Green Day sightseeing :thumbsup: 

• 2 weeks later...

Heading back to Chicago today.  Just wanted to share my Green Day tour from the past several days.  

Several notes-

I didn't include pics of private residences unless they've been made previously known (such as the warehouse and Longview house).

I also included FBHT references (note if you go to the Ruby Room- it will take awhile for your eyes to adjust to the darkness in there.  If you're me, that will mean apologizing to the bike you tripped over and wondering why it didn't respond).

Interesting note for Stuart and the Ave- two corners didn't have any street signs, one only had a Stuart, and one only had a Telegraph, so I couldn't get any pic that had both names in it.

Thank you a million times to the kind woman who gave me a ride when I got hopelessly lost in the Rockridge hills while trying to find Lake Temescal.  Turns out her daughter had gone to school with Billie's son (Joey).  

Archived