Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

I don't know how i never noticed this thread before, but I'm hoping to do something like this next year - see the main GD sights in Rodeo, Berkeley and Oakland that is. ideally want to tie it in with some GD tour dates so waiting to see what happens there.

when it comes around, i'll be looking for people who will be there that want to come along etc!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to California, in Berkeley, and i saw the studio where GD recorded Dookie, i don't remember the name of the studio :S

Fantasy Studios

Billie's mom worked at Rod's Hickory Pit and they played their first show there. I'd assume that was in Rodeo.

Nah it was in Vallejo. But it doesn't exist now anyway, it closed down and was demolished years ago.

• 5 months later...

Art of Ears Studio in Hayward is where they recorded Kerplunk in 1991.

Pic of Rods Hickory Pit before it was demolished

tumblr_ll1vlcbOaH1qd0lqvo1_500.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hoping to at least see the sights in Berkeley since i'll be there on Tues 16th April and the next morning - anyone else going that fancies standing on the corner of Stuart and the Ave?

Hoping to at least see the sights in Berkeley since i'll be there on Tues 16th April and the next morning - anyone else going that fancies standing on the corner of Stuart and the Ave?

This is what it looked like at one part of the corner in May 2011 (idk if things have changed since then), so you have an idea of what you're looking for. It's about three blocks away from the Longview house.

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm going to San Francisco & Berkeley, California next year, and thought it would be cool to check out some Green Day land marks,

does anyone know where Christie Road, Longview video house, Gilman street, Fantasy studios are exactly?

I'm also going to check out Mike Dirnt's diner Rudy can't fail in Emeryville, any other decent landmarks you guys know of?

Be really grateful if you can let me know, thanks guys xoxo

I'm pretty sure that Billie said that the Longview house got flooded or something.

I'm going to guess gilman would be at 924 gilman street... :lol:

But I'm pretty sure this is it on google maps, so from there you can get directions or something: http://bitylink.info/ZVbt

That's the only thing I could find. But good luck on your search!

Hi everyone,

I'm going to San Francisco & Berkeley, California next year, and thought it would be cool to check out some Green Day land marks,

does anyone know where Christie Road, Longview video house, Gilman street, Fantasy studios are exactly?

I'm also going to check out Mike Dirnt's diner Rudy can't fail in Emeryville, any other decent landmarks you guys know of?

Be really grateful if you can let me know, thanks guys xoxo

Make sure to check out the corner of Stuart and Telegraph ave, and also Tightwad Hill.

It's also not that hard to find where Billie lives seeing as all of his instagram pictures show on the map where the picture was taken

Go to Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Oakland. The food is awesome, and it's partly-owned by Mike.

photo0028.jpg

EDIT: Didn't see that you already mentioned that you were going there. Oops, haha :lol:

Go to Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Oakland. The food is awesome, and it's partly-owned by Mike.

I'm also going to check out Mike Dirnt's diner Rudy can't fail in Emeryville

;)

Sorry to say I'm of no help in this thread, but I'm very jealous.

;)

Sorry to say I'm of no help in this thread, but I'm very jealous.

One day my friend. I am far away, you are twice as far, but I know one day I will sit in that restaurant and eat the food. Probably chicken. One day.

One day my friend. I am far away, you are twice as far, but I know one day I will sit in that restaurant and eat the food. Probably chicken. One day.

Edit: Nevermind, misread your post :P

Yes. Let's plan a trip and go together.

Edit: Nevermind, misread your post :P

Yes. Let's plan a trip and go together.

How long do you want to be in Cali for? Should we stay in a hotel or at a campground? I like camping, but hotels are nice too. Or maybe someone from here would let us sleep on the floor in their garage or something.

This thread has some information for you

East Bay Reference Locations Tour

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/78029-green-day-east-bay-reference-locations-tour/?hl=road%20trip

Fantasy Studios is at 2600 Tenth Street in Berkeley

Pinole Valley High School 2900 Pinole Valley Rd, Pinole, CA

Christie road is off of Highway 4 in Martinez

https://maps.google.com/maps?num=50&q=christie+rd+martinez&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x80857009e1865ff3:0x708a7a30599672c4,Christie+Rd,+Martinez,+CA+94553&gl=us&ei=9AS5UpmRGYjloASh7YCICQ&ved=0CCwQ8gEwAA

Longview house is at 2243 Ashby Ave.

I previously posted some landmarks.

Tightwad Hill is actually a hill over looking the football field at John Swett High School in Crockett where he went to school before transferring to Pinole Valley High. Crockett is also the home of C and H sugar factory which is known as Sugar City, which is referrenced in the song Tight Wad Hill.

Crockett is not far from Christie Rd.

Toots Tavern is in Crockett where the Foxboro Hot Tubs played on 5-16-2008.

Pasalacqua (correct spelling is Passalacqua) is a funeral home in Benicia which is further north from Rodeo over the bridge and east of Vallejo.

The facility on East 12th street could be referring to the poice station as he was filing paperwork for his DUI arrest and had to do community service.

Billie Joe has moved from his house in the Upper Rockridge area of Oakland and has moved to different area now living in Piedmont.
It is not far from Tre's house now.

Also, a side note, that they filmed When I come around inside the Powell Street BART station and around the mission district in San Francisco.

You can PM me if you have any other questions or want some more information on places to go to.

How long do you want to be in Cali for? Should we stay in a hotel or at a campground? I like camping, but hotels are nice too. Or maybe someone from here would let us sleep on the floor in their garage or something.

We could stay in the Welcome To Paradise slum, form a band, play Gilman Street then sell out.

We could stay in the Welcome To Paradise slum, form a band, play Gilman Street then sell out.

I'm really good at losing all of my friends! Selling out sounds perfect for me!

Make sure to check out the corner of Stuart and Telegraph ave, and also Tightwad Hill.

It's also not that hard to find where Billie lives seeing as all of his instagram pictures show on the map where the picture was taken

I don't think any of them have the map.

I don't think any of them have the map.

Last time I checked, fucking all of them did dude. Maybe he realized and removed, but damn.

Archived