Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

That's such a good idea, it's really handy for people who want to visit all of those places, which I hope to be able to do one day :ninja:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome :runaround: I'm definately gonna use this when i manage to scrape enough cash to head over there someday :wub: thanks!

Guest Shangri-La

embers, really? isn't that kind of an invasion of privacy/extremely creepy?

also - longview house.

As this thread was already started I thought I'd ask here: in summer 2012 I'll be in San Fransisco with a group of rangers (like girl guides but older). None of them in the entire group like Green Day, I'm sure that I can persuade them to go to Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe one day, as we'll have to eat, but where Green Day related do you guys think are worth visiting, that I could persuade them to go to? :)

As this thread was already started I thought I'd ask here: in summer 2012 I'll be in San Fransisco with a group of rangers (like girl guides but older). None of them in the entire group like Green Day, I'm sure that I can persuade them to go to Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe one day, as we'll have to eat, but where Green Day related do you guys think are worth visiting, that I could persuade them to go to? :)

Rudy's is definitely not GD-themed, so you shouldn't have a problem going there, because everyone can get some food, too.

In terms of places that you may just "stumble upon," or places that won't only be for Green Day fans, if you take them to Berkeley, they'll find a lot of stuff to do, and you'll be able to get off to Stuart and the Ave, the Longview house, Gilman, etc.

And, this goes for everyone, just make sure you research public transportation beforehand. I got fucked over by Alameda County's buses because I didn't realize the bus out to Gilman didn't run at night, so I never got to 924 Gilman. :(

Thanks :) Yeah I knew Rudy's isn't really Green Day themed...but kinda related

I'll try and find some convincing reasons to go to Berkeley then :) Thanks again :)

Yes, Tight Wad Hill is the hill Billie Joe has referenced as the hill above John Swett High School that all the kids hung at while watching football games. The song refers to "sugar city" in the lyrics, which because C & H Sugar has a plant there in Crockett.

Pasalaqua is a funeral home in Benicia. On West Second Street. The name is actually misspelled. The correct spelling is Passalaqua.

Hillcrest Elementary school in Rodeo is the school that Billie Joe met Mike at. They were 10 years old. It has been replaced by Rodeo Hills Elementary, built in 2003.

They both then attended Carquinez Middle School in Crockett. 6-8 grade.

Billie Joe went on to John Swett High, but later transfered to Pinole Valley, using his older brothers address to get in.

Yes his mom still has a house in Rodeo along with some of his siblings.

Billie Joe recently moved to a new home in Piedmont, after selling the house in Upper Rockridge. Nice home, don't want to give out address.

Guest Shangri-La

Yes his mom still has a house in Rodeo along with some of his siblings.

Billie Joe recently moved to a new home in Piedmont, after selling the house in Upper Rockridge. I know where it is , but there should be some privacy.

Both negatory.

Billie Joe recently moved to a new home in Piedmont, after selling the house in Upper Rockridge. I know where it is , but there should be some privacy.

when he moved to his new home ?

when he moved to his new home ?

Yes he had the home built in Piedmont

It was said "Don't forget to say hello to Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong or drummer Tre Cool when you see them out walking down the town's well-manicured streets."

He is also a customer of Piedmont Piano Company.

I'm not sure if it's important for the map, but if you want you can add the Agnews Developmental Center, the mental institution where the musicvideo for Basket Case was shot.

Thanks so much! I should be going to San Francisco this summer and hopefully my dad will take me around to some of these places.

• 9 months later...

Wow, this is incredibly awesome! I had to do a low budget vacation project last year for Personal Finance, and I did a Bay Area tour to see Green Day stuff, so this would have really helped then. Ah well, such is life. I'll have to do this sometime though.

Stuart and the Ave :creep: in Berkley, CA - it's the intersection of Stuart Street and Telegraph Avenue.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but someone made this map in Google with a lot of places in it.

http://www.greendayc...1

that link doesn't work anymore.. does anyone have the link to the map? :)

But isn't tight wad hill at the university? I read an article (non green day) saying if you didn't wanna buy tickets for the bears games then just sit on the tight wad hill. Which is the hill over the football field.

But isn't tight wad hill at the university? I read an article (non green day) saying if you didn't wanna buy tickets for the bears games then just sit on the tight wad hill. Which is the hill over the football field.

Green Day's Tightwad Hill is in Crockett.

From wikipedia:

Green Day mentioned the hill's name in a song on their fourth album, Insomniac, but it is in reference to a hill that overlooks the football field at their high school and not the hill overlooking Memorial Stadium.

Tightwad Hill is the popular name for Charter Hill, the hill rising to the east of California Memorial Stadium at the University of California, Berkeley.

Green Day's Tightwad Hill is in Crockett.

From wikipedia:

Green Day mentioned the hill's name in a song on their fourth album, Insomniac, but it is in reference to a hill that overlooks the football field at their high school and not the hill overlooking Memorial Stadium.

Tightwad Hill is the popular name for Charter Hill, the hill rising to the east of California Memorial Stadium at the University of California, Berkeley.

Ahhhh ok thanks.

does the map with Green Day locations still exist or is it gone? :)

• 2 months later...

Billie's mom worked at Rod's Hickory Pit and they played their first show there. I'd assume that was in Rodeo.

I went to California, in Berkeley, and i saw the studio where GD recorded Dookie, i don't remember the name of the studio :S

Archived