Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

I'm lucky I'll be taking Amtrak to Emeryville, and Rudy's is fairly close to the station (and Pixar; I'll have to get a picture of the gate)!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm lucky I'll be taking Amtrak to Emeryville, and Rudy's is fairly close to the station (and Pixar; I'll have to get a picture of the gate)!

yes! the Pixar studio :D :D

it's literally on the opposite corner.

I live in California and I've never done this trip. :cry:

I'm doing it next year though, but I won't need the BART. Going on car. :P

hey, the BART got us to at least 4 key locations :lol:

the BART's good, but it won't get you everywhere.

Do the tour by car, it's AWESOME that way, and you can go to Christie Road that way, which is one of the best locations there is :woot:

:woot:

Yeah, I'm sure car is faster and easier than BART. I might get on it just to say I got to use the BART. :lol:

But yeah, I'm going for green day sight seeing/musical/I need to check out a school.

If only I'd have the option to use a car. We're taking a train cross-country, so we'll be relying on public transportation! That's ok, though. I'll milk it for all its worth.

If only I'd have the option to use a car. We're taking a train cross-country, so we'll be relying on public transportation! That's ok, though. I'll milk it for all its worth.

Rent one?

Rent one?

:lol: I wish we could afford one! But hey, that's half the journey - getting lost. Or so I'll tell myself.

God, 24 hours from now (or a little more if the train is late), I'll be on my way there! :dance: I honestly can't wait to stuff my face at Rudy's.

:lol: I wish we could afford one! But hey, that's half the journey - getting lost. Or so I'll tell myself.

God, 24 hours from now (or a little more if the train is late), I'll be on my way there! :dance: I honestly can't wait to stuff my face at Rudy's.

Not for the drive though! Just to drive around in Oakland!

If you go to Rodeo, you must go to Flippy's for breakfast! And there's a Starbucks right in/directly adjacent to Foxboro

i'm going too this summer, all the way from england :woot:

this was helpful since i forgot about some of these places!

dont forget mike's new cafe at the fox theatre! :D

thanks again.

i've lived in the Bay Area my whole life and I've only gone to a handful of these places mostly by coincedence. I'm definately planning a trip now. I was on BART one day and we totally passed by East 12th ST. just as i was listening to Homecoming on my ipod and I had a little freakout inside my head. i was all :woot:

• 2 weeks later...

Such a bummer, I didn't get a chance to get to 924 Gilman, Tight Wad Hill or Atomic Garden. :( Damn limitations of public transportation.

Here's where I got:

247910_1703491713725_1430940081_31325302_1762159_n.jpg

226384_1703492313740_1430940081_31325304_3222261_n.jpg

250890_1703492953756_1430940081_31325306_2855648_n.jpg

230358_1703493473769_1430940081_31325308_7179590_n.jpg

253480_1710931619718_1430940081_31334172_1079106_n.jpg

And, this was on display at Rasputin Music:

250981_1703494753801_1430940081_31325311_7516475_n.jpg

Such a bummer, I didn't get a chance to get to 924 Gilman, Tight Wad Hill or Atomic Garden. :( Damn limitations of public transportation.

Here's where I got:

Anyway, great places. Seeing those photos makes me shaking even more. Surely you've had a great time :happy:

this trip sounds SO amazing i am definately gonna do this tour when im 18 :wub:

Here's where I got:

AWESOME pictures! Nice you had a chance to go! :dance:

Sounds awesome! I hope to go to the Bay Area this summer with my family, and hopefully force them to take me to these places lol

awesome! What did you eat at Rudy's?

I had the grilled cheese and fries and cottage cheese, as well as a chocolate shake. My dad said he really enjoyed the pulled pork! I wish I would have been able to go there on a Thursday, since it was mac & cheese day!

"Also, the 7-11 across the road from the Shopping Centre is THE 7-11 from Jesus of Suburbia (the song lyric, not the video) according to the guy that worked at Fiat. makes sense. 'the 7-11 where I was taught' - Billie was taught at Fiat..."

So this ISN'T the one where they filmed the music video? It's just like the one mentioned in that song? Does anyone know where the 7-Eleven is that they filmed the video in? I'd love to see that!! My fave music video heh

"Also, the 7-11 across the road from the Shopping Centre is THE 7-11 from Jesus of Suburbia (the song lyric, not the video) according to the guy that worked at Fiat. makes sense. 'the 7-11 where I was taught' - Billie was taught at Fiat..."

So this ISN'T the one where they filmed the music video? It's just like the one mentioned in that song? Does anyone know where the 7-Eleven is that they filmed the video in? I'd love to see that!! My fave music video heh

I don't think anyone knows - it's been asked a few times in various places, but the problem is that a lot of 7-11s look the same, y'know?

and to answer the older question in the posts above - Jingletown is in Oakland, and Studio 880 is in Jingletown. There's a small corner shop just up the road that says 'Jingletown' on it.

I don't think anyone knows - it's been asked a few times in various places, but the problem is that a lot of 7-11s look the same, y'know?

That's a shame :( Yeah, I understand that they all look pretty similar, but yet Green Day has such devoted fans that it wouldn't surprise me if someone has gone around to all the 7-Elevens in California and found the exact one! Oh well...

thanks for this! it was very helpful as i am visiting SF in the summer :D

Archived