Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

Did you take pictures? I took one and then showed it around saying "Here!! Look! This is Tight Wad Hill!!" :lol: It just looks like every other hill though lol But it's still special when you're there and know this place has been mentioned in a song.

No :(

Just like I didn't take a photo of me standing on the corner of Stuart Ave. :dry:

I took a picture of Billie Joe's gaf though. And Telegraph. Oh, and Rockridge BART station where it had Berkeley pointing one way and Oakland pointing the other. Oh, and Mike's cafe. :rolleyes:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an awesome trip, have fun everyone who's planning to go! :D

I hope to do a trip similar to this once.. When I'm older. Don't see that happening though, I wouldn't know who to bring with me.

Sounds like an awesome trip, have fun everyone who's planning to go! :D

I hope to do a trip similar to this once.. When I'm older. Don't see that happening though, I wouldn't know who to bring with me.

We could go together. :P

But it will take years to save enough money.

Sounds like a good trip. (:

I hope to do something like this too, when I'm older. :P

Woooooooooaaaaaaaaaaawwwww thank you all!

I'm working right now but I'll most definately check all your suggestions! And shot Anja an pm =)

What about the house on Ashby Avenue where they lived in1993 and where they shot the Longview video?

this thread gets me excited :) ... I really cant wait for the chance of going on this trip :)

there are so many places to visit in california! ... besides the awesome green day related ones ;)

I went in there! It was really cool :happy:

I also went into the one in San Francisco and I was wearing a Green Day t-shirt that day. This hobo came up to me and he was like "Awwwh, Green Day are so cool, maaan! I haven't seen those guys in so long!" I was like "Um, help?" :o

haha, he sounds like a hippie, "maaan". that's so funny :lol:

I've never heard him talk about Amoeba :o I absolutely love this place, just as Rasputin! You should check out Rasputin as well. It's like 2 blocks from Amoeba on Telegraph in Berkeley.

Well maybe saying that he's "always" talking about it is a bit of an overstatement, haha but I know I've heard him talk about it a couple times. I think he might've mentioned it in that AP article, or maybe I'm making that up, not entirely sure. Oh and I'm totally gonna check out Rasputin, sounds awesome.

I went to Berkeley last August for a exchange too!!! and my host family drove me to a green day concert even to Billie Joe's house hahaha

you missed atomic garden, if you mean adeline street shop it's close!

it was the best experience of my life, you'll have the time of your life :)

Did you take pictures? I took one and then showed it around saying "Here!! Look! This is Tight Wad Hill!!" :lol: It just looks like every other hill though lol But it's still special when you're there and know this place has been mentioned in a song.

I've never heard him talk about Amoeba :o I absolutely love this place, just as Rasputin! You should check out Rasputin as well. It's like 2 blocks from Amoeba on Telegraph in Berkeley.

hell yeah rasputin rules!! berkeley, telegraph avenue

and there's another one next to Powell (is BART stop, you'll know it)

What about the house on Ashby Avenue where they lived in1993 and where they shot the Longview video?

Good one! I got the address too (it's actually printed in a GD book haha).

hell yeah rasputin rules!! berkeley, telegraph avenue

and there's another one next to Powell (is BART stop, you'll know it)

I love that one, too! Well, their all pretty similar but yeah :D I can't believe they have only 2 Rasputin shops in the whole country!! It's like the best record store ever along with Amoeba. And even Amoeba has only three stores in the country!

Woooooooooaaaaaaaaaaawwwww thank you all!

I'm working right now but I'll most definately check all your suggestions! And shot Anja an pm =)

just wondering: did you send one? because I didn't get any.

I just searched for ticket prices... its not that expensive.. I would have enough money in less than a year, and even money for expenses,

but I was thinking about it and ... I dont wanna go alone! :( ... and none of my friends like green day :( ..

Wow this trip is going to be very great!!I'm sure you're gonna have a great time...

What about going to Pasalacqua? I think it's been established that its a funeral home, so maybe you could pop into someone's wake. or not, thats kinda rude

I want to do a trip just like yours I just need money first.

BART will be your buddy for this one.

yes.

you can go to Rodeo, where Billie grew up. its right near Berkeley. its hella small though lol

I'm visiting some colleges in California this summer, and I plan to do a little Green Day sightseeing as well. I think most of the prominent places have been mentioned, but paying a visit to Amoeba Records might be fun. Billie's always talking about that place, and well....records are fun :)

my cousin works there :thumbsup:

also I don't know if anyone mentioned this but you could go to Adeline Street, which runs through Oakland and Berk.

oh and East 12th Street!

wait wat bout that place where the video to when i come around took place?

i really wanna do this but im actually goin to CA this summer but i dont have the balls to ask my parents if they would like to take me on a green day trip :(

i really wanna do this but im actually goin to CA this summer but i dont have the balls to ask my parents if they would like to take me on a green day trip :(

do it! whats the worst that could happen? they say no? I've been mentally preparing my parents for our trip for a while now :lol:

When I Come Around was filmed in SF, and the scene where they are in a train station is Powell Bart station.

Hey folks! I'm back!

So here's a list of all your suggestions, along with mine and the adress AND closest BART station for everything, please feel free to add/correct some. It seems like I will need two days at least to go everywhere!

To answer you Anja, I've been here since January 13rd and I'll leave May 31st. And I did not send you the mp yet but I'm doing so right after this message ;)

STUDIO 880

829 27th Avenue Oakland, CA

Fruitvale BART

RUDY's Can't Fail Cafe

4081 Hollis Street Emeryville, CA

MacArthur BART

STUART @ TELEGRAPH

Downtown Berkeley BART

FOX THEATER

THE UPTOWN

Both on Telegraph

19th St Oakland BART

RUBY ROOM

132 14th Street Oakland CA

City Center BART

GILMAN

924 Gilman St Berkeley, CA

North Berkeley BART

PHONE CABINE

Powell BART

TIGHTWAD HILL

UC Berkeley next to memorial Stadium

Downtown Berkeley BART

CHRISTIE ROAD

?

PINOLE VALLEY HIGH

?

ATOMIC GARDEN

5453 College Ave Oakland CA

Rockridge BART

HOT TUBS

?

?

AMOEBA

2455 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley

Downtown Berkeley BART

RASPUTIN

Telegraph Ave

Downtown Berkeley BART

ASHBY AVE. HOUSE

2243 Ashby Ave, Berkeley

Ashby BART

ADELINE STREET SHOP

?

BILLIE'S HOUSE

?

uh maybe PM would work better for this one

RODEO

EAST 12TH ST

Why?

and the scene where they are in a train station is Powell Bart station.

Are you fucking serious?! That was my local BART stn. when I was in SF!! I went there so many times and I didn't even know that was where WICA was filmed!! :o

Are you fucking serious?! That was my local BART stn. when I was in SF!! I went there so many times and I didn't even know that was where WICA was filmed!! :o

Yep that's the place where the phone is.

But I had a hard time finding it because it's well... Not hidden, but in a part of the station that is not really where you are walking all the time. It's hard to explain but I found it when I was not exactly looking for it :

p1010033.png

Oh dear God, I might have walked right by there!! Why didn't I pick up the damn phone?! :lol:

Archived