Green Day East Bay Reference Locations Tour

-Nemesis-

EDIT: locations map here

Driving Tour here

***********************************************************************************************************8

Hi everyone!

As some of you may know already, I am currently in the wonderful city of San Francisco as an exchange student. As I will be leaving way too soon (well... May 31st) I plan to go on a Green Day Trip for my birthday.

Here is the list of the places I will visit.

STUDIO 880

RUBY ROOM

FOX THEATER & THE UPTOWN

CAN'T FAIL CAFE

ADELINE STREET

TIGHT WAD HILL

STUART AND THE AVE

GILMAN

I would like to know if any of you has suggestions and ideas, because I don't want to forget anything ;-)

Thanks, have a good day/afternoon/evening/night

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I thought about that but it seems a little too far.

I'll consider this anyway, thanks =)

:o that trip sounds amazing! .... I envy you! ...I'll plan a trip like that but after I finish college :)

me and a friend on here and one of her friends are thinking about doing this after school when we saved up enough so this could also give me some ideas for when i do it.

I loved singing "Standing on the corner of Stuuuuuuuart Avenue!" when I was there :happy:

Isn't Studio 880 in this way criminal neighbourhood, though? or was that some other studio...

And where are the Ruby Room and Tight Wad Hill?

Anyway, sounds like an awesome trip! :D

think I'm gonna pass that list on to my parents and pretend they're all really cool places also if you're not a Green Day fan lol:

that sounds really cool! it'll be so fun to visit the Can't Fail Cafe!

Since this is more Green Day related, I hope you don't mind I move it to Green Day Chat.

I loved singing "Standing on the corner of Stuuuuuuuart Avenue!" when I was there :happy:

Me too :D And sining along to Christie Road while standing on the tracks :wub:

Tight Wad Hill isn't something I can recommend, it's just a lame hill on the campus of UCB and it doesn't even say "Tight Wad Hill" (not that I know tho). Definitely check out Christie Road, Rudy's can't fail cafe, Studio 880 and the corner of Stuart and Telegraph Avenue. And don't forget about Atomic Garden :) It's near Rockridge, just down the Oakland Hills.

Fox Theater is a beautiful theater, so it's probably nice to go there as well. Pinole Valley High is a bit far, true, but if you really want to go there, I recommend going to Fiat Music as well. It's pretty close I believe. Can't quite remember. And then there's the place Billies mom works at, but I'm not sure if you'd want to go there. And also, the Hot Tubs where the Foxboros got there name from isn't far either.

That's all I can think of right now. If you have any questions or need addresses, feel free to PM me :)

How long have u been in the Bay now?

Me too :D And sining along to Christie Road while standing on the tracks :wub:

Tight Wad Hill isn't something I can recommend, it's just a lame hill on the campus of UCB and it doesn't even say "Tight Wad Hill" (not that I know tho). Definitely check out Christie Road, Rudy's can't fail cafe, Studio 880 and the corner of Stuart and Telegraph Avenue. And don't forget about Atomic Garden :) It's near Rockridge, just down the Oakland Hills.

I didn't make it to Christie Road :(

Tight Wad Hill is anything BUT lame!! :wub:

And where are the Ruby Room and Tight Wad Hill?

Tight Wad Hill is near/on the Berkeley University campus, overlooking the football stadium.

Hope you have a good time :D Don't foget Telegraph Ave. (I think someone might have said it anyway)

Don't forget to visit Atomic Garden!!!!!

I am doing this before I graduate college - hopefully

I didn't make it to Christie Road :(

Tight Wad Hill is anything BUT lame!! :wub:

It is :P Just a hill from where you can see the local football stadium and maybe parts of the city. Well, I actually didn't make it ON the hill because there were fences all around it

edit: where is the thumbs down smilie? :(

An awesome hill! :woot:

I wanted to walk all the way up it just to say "Cheapskate on the hill" but we couldn't get in to the campus grounds. I saw it though :wub:

I'm visiting some colleges in California this summer, and I plan to do a little Green Day sightseeing as well. I think most of the prominent places have been mentioned, but paying a visit to Amoeba Records might be fun. Billie's always talking about that place, and well....records are fun :)

Don't forget to visit Atomic Garden!!!!!

I am doing this before I graduate college - hopefully

what's the atomic garden?

I think most of the prominent places have been mentioned, but paying a visit to Amoeba Records might be fun. Billie's always talking about that place, and well....records are fun :)

I went in there! It was really cool :happy:

I also went into the one in San Francisco and I was wearing a Green Day t-shirt that day. This hobo came up to me and he was like "Awwwh, Green Day are so cool, maaan! I haven't seen those guys in so long!" I was like "Um, help?" :o

An awesome hill! :woot:

I wanted to walk all the way up it just to say "Cheapskate on the hill" but we couldn't get in to the campus grounds. I saw it though :wub:

Did you take pictures? I took one and then showed it around saying "Here!! Look! This is Tight Wad Hill!!" :lol: It just looks like every other hill though lol But it's still special when you're there and know this place has been mentioned in a song.

I'm visiting some colleges in California this summer, and I plan to do a little Green Day sightseeing as well. I think most of the prominent places have been mentioned, but paying a visit to Amoeba Records might be fun. Billie's always talking about that place, and well....records are fun :)

I've never heard him talk about Amoeba :o I absolutely love this place, just as Rasputin! You should check out Rasputin as well. It's like 2 blocks from Amoeba on Telegraph in Berkeley.

Archived