American Idiot

J'net

I'm not a HUGE fan of this song but i think it had a huge impact on me. It was probably the first Green Day song i really got into. I'm not a huge fan but i like it. Good choice! Can't wait for the musical :woot:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember I'd just got in from college and I was sat in the lounge and I turned Kerrang on and was like...what the fuck, i that Green Day? They look a lot different than they did 4 years ago.

And I watched it with my mouth open and god, it was just an amazing song.

The first Green Day song I ever heard. :wub:

I owe my entire teenage life to this song.

It basically opened my eyes to music.

Same here. Only, I owe my teenage life pretty much to the whole band, not just this song :D But it was the first song I heard by GD and it got me into them. Gotta love the good old 2004/2005 times... :wub: It seems so long ago.

Really nice song, even though I never noticed any of the overplaying I tend to think I don't like this song, but when I actually listen it I realize how nice and powerful it actually is. And it's a really awesome song life, very good to go completely nuts to :D

Awww! Perfect song choice for the week, J'net! Love it! Still can't get over how amazing the performance at soundcheck was yesterday. :wub:

Aah American Idiot...

Must have had more influence on me than any other song ever. Not just because of the themes of the lyrics and stuff (I'm not American obviously) but there was just something about it. For a start that song alone got me back into playing the guitar after I had all but given up on it. I have come a long way since then...

I could probably say all kinds of things about this song, but I doubt that anybody cares anyway :lol:

Good choice of song! :happy:

I hardly ever listen to it on purpose, but when my mp3 player decides to play it or I hear it on the radio, I'm like "this is the greatest thing that I've ever heard". :D

Bringing back AI times makes me laugh at myself. I didn't even want to watch AI video properly because I thought they were weird and sucked :rolleyes: But they soon became my favourite band and AI one of my favourite videos.

I wish I could see the musical.

The one and only American Idiot! This is the second GD song I´ve listened to when I started getting into the band. The first moment I was shocked to death because it´s kind of aggressive and I hadn´t listened to punk rock before ( I was 14 years old back then). But then immediately started falling in love with it. I can remember that moment exactly as if it´s just been a few weeks ago.

AI is an epic song which expresses the anger and the discontent of a whole generation. And even as a non-American I can perfectly identify with it. I´ll probably never get tired listening to it!

N'aww! My first green day song! :wub:

I still remember hearing it when I was 8. It was such a brilliant song and an epic video!

Still remains as one of my favourites!

Awww! Perfect song choice for the week, J'net! Love it! Still can't get over how amazing the performance at soundcheck was yesterday. :wub:

Just wait till you see the whole show, Nicole! It's all made of awesomeness!!!

This song kicks ass.

Same here. Only, I owe my teenage life pretty much to the whole band, not just this song :D But it was the first song I heard by GD and it got me into them. Gotta love the good old 2004/2005 times... :wub: It seems so long ago.

story of my life : )

I could probably say all kinds of things about this song, but I doubt that anybody cares anyway :lol:

Hey, this thread is supposed to be all about discussing your thoughts and feelings relating to the song. Of course we care - spill 'em on out!!!

I don't really know what to say :lol:

Other than this song introduced me to GD like I know it has done for many many other people, and well I probably owe my life to this song (apart from already owing it to Green Day themselves)

This song's special and truly their saviour and mine :D

I could go into a whole rant about how much this song means to me and all the mushy stuff. But I won't.

I always think I'm sick of this song; It's repetetive and is still played on the radio. But when I really just sit down and listen to it, I'm still blown away by it's message and the courage Green Day had to release this song. It's great!

American Idiot is a really great song, however, it has never been one of my favorite ones. Although, it's one of the songs that always makes me think of the times when I first started to get into Green Day. It seems to be ages ago. It was one of the first Green Day songs I heard and also made me fall in love with them.

One of my favorite songs and one of the first GD-songs I ever heard. Love it. The music is so powerful (have you seen the big wall of death to this song when they rocked Munich? :woot: ) and I can totally identify with the lyrics. I'm glad they made such political statements and still continue doing it!

Oh, finally!

I love this song to death, it was one of the first GD songs I heard. :wub:

Tbh, I couldn't give two shits if teenies sing it or not.

Who are we to tell them they're teenies anyway?

As long as you enjoy the song, who even cares if someone else is singing it? I mean, be happy for them that they like Green Day. :lol:

Tbh, I couldn't give two shits if teenies sing it or not.

Who are we to tell them they're teenies anyway?

As long as you enjoy the song, who even cares if someone else is singing it? I mean, be happy for them that they like Green Day. :lol:

I know what you mean, but they don't even consider the meaning of the song, then when people realise you like Green Day too you automatically look like someone who only listens to them because you like Billie. That's what happens to me anyway :lol:

Great song and american idiot was the album that first got me into Green Day so I owe it a lot!

It turns out one of my firends really likes this song! Who'da thought someone wasn't sick of Green Day with me around :whistle

Archived