Sign in to follow this  
J'net

2010/08/05 - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, Darien Center, New York, USA

J'net

Here's a thread for discussing this show.

jetsrule128

i live in new york and has never heard of this place

where is it?

Guest whatsername92104

I live in New York too and I've never heard of this place either. I looked it up on mapquest to see where it is and from where I am, it's 5 and a half hours from where I live. The closest you can get depending where you live in New York I would say the show in Hartford. I can't believe this, looked forward for them to come to Madison Square Garden or the Times Union Center again and I find out that they're playing in some town I've never heard of. Still love Green Day but I'm so bummed!!!

mary_x3

wow 6 1/2 hour drive, but it will definitely be worth it! can't wait for this summer :)

Guest whatsername92104

@mary_x3: You're lucky because Green Day is going back to Hartford this year. I wish I could take the trip to see them at the Darrien Center but my parents won't take me that far. Soooo Bummmmedddd!!!! Saw them July 27th at MSG and it was one of the best days of my life<3

AdelineGrenades

Darien isn't too far from where I live, but I live more towards Lake Erie so that explains it :happy:

Sarahnade.

This show is a possibility for me. I live about 4 hours away.

Brian

I live 10 minutes from Darien. It is literally down the road. I will be going!!! :woot:

valentinesandcigs

This show is a possibility for me. I live about 4 hours away.

I think i might try and go to this one too. I don't know if i can though its pretty far from me.

Sarahnade.

Omg I would love to meet you, Brian!

And Alexxxx, it would be awesome if you could go D:

I reallyreallyreally think I'm going to this.

valentinesandcigs

I'm going to both NJ shows and the Hartford show so idk. I'm gonna try :)

Angela.

4 hours and 20 minutes away from my house... hell would freeze over before I'd get to go. Hell would freeze over before I'd get to do anything fun in my life that would be somewhat far away from my home. :rolleyes:

I wish I could go, I'd love to meet some of you guys. :(

AndrewSon

they r playing in this little town? are they coming back to NEW YORK FREAKIN CITY?

Abstractication

Finally, I'll (hopefully) get to see them for my first time, out of the eight or so times they've come to the area. And meet some GDCers possibly! Does anyone have an estimate of about how much tickets will be? Also, is it worth it to join IC just to get earlier presales?

Brian

Omg I would love to meet you, Brian!

And Alexxxx, it would be awesome if you could go D:

I reallyreallyreally think I'm going to this.

OMG You totally should go now just for that!!!

4 hours and 20 minutes away from my house... hell would freeze over before I'd get to go. Hell would freeze over before I'd get to do anything fun in my life that would be somewhat far away from my home. :rolleyes:

I wish I could go, I'd love to meet some of you guys. :(

If you found a way to go, oh man! that would be awesome.

And sure Darien is a small town. But they still hold amazing concerts.

St. Matt

Hartford is closer, so I guess I won't be going there.

Where is this place anyway? I've never heard of it

Angela.

If you found a way to go, oh man! that would be awesome.

And sure Darien is a small town. But they still hold amazing concerts.

It would be great if I could, I'd definitely love to meet you and other GDC members, but since I don't have the resources, it sadly won't happen. Oh, well. Easy come, easy go. I'm not bothered by it. :)

Naked and Famous

I found out about this right before I had to leave for work, & it wasn't even to be seen on GDA or GDC yet; so, I found myself skipping around work telling everyone I could find who might be interested lol. I'm so fucking excited, words can't even begin to describe. I've been waiting 15+ years to press my face against that stage, & I'll be goddamned if it doesn't happen at Darien Lake lol

Seriously everyone, if there is absolutely any chance in hell that you can go to this show, you should. Their lawn sucks ass (I wanted to die at Tom Petty a few years back). However! They have RV cabins, a lodge/hotel, & (I think) campsites to stay at if you want to spend the night (which I am totally getting an RV or hotel room). Best part is that the Performing Arts Center was built next to the preexisting amusement park, which was owned by Six Flags for a few years~ Rollercoasters, Water Park, Laser Light Show after the park closes...it's a really cool place. And my mom's cousin used to own all that property x)

I'm so excited, I feel like I'm 15 again lol. It's goona be such a great show. As soon as I heard this tour was outdoors, I knew they were playing Darien Lake - They just can't pass up Buffalo! :wub:

Oh! and for those who don't know where it is (and/or are just to lazy to Google it), it's about 45 minutes East of Buffalo, and about an hour S East of Niagara Falls :happy:

Robin105

Darien Lake? Jeez that's FAR from me. I have a feeling they may be playing Jones Beach since they are playing ampitheaters. I'd have to take a bus there. I don't drive on the highway.

jennyk.

I thought they would play in jones beach also...

since i live in long island that would have been close ..

oh well =/

omgreeces

I saw Coldplay play at Darien Center last year and this year I'll get to see Green Day there! I'm so excited for this show; it'll be my first time seeing Green Day. (:

Abstractication

Anyone have a guess at how much tickets will be? I haven't been to Darien since 2004, but that was for Projekt Revolution.

boulevardreams

People have been getting kinda crappy seats with their pre-sales. I guess they keep on refreshing to get good seats. Sounds like it's going to be stressful to buy lol I got really awesome seats when I went to the Albany show last year. *crossing my fingers*

greendayfan518

See ya'all @ Darien Lake!

Zalex

Buffffalo! Bah I wish I could go to this since I have lots of friends up here, but I've got to be somewhere in Connecticut the day after in the morning :(

they r playing in this little town? are they coming back to NEW YORK FREAKIN CITY?

Buffalo's not a little town. And where would they play in NYC besides Madison Square Garden...

bands don't just play MSG every year.

Sign in to follow this