American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

This is John singing "When It's Time" on WNYC's Soundcheck. He played live in studio. link

Oh, I love that :wub: I might put it on my mp3 when I get home.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill probably be able to get this in a few days <3

i was wondering if all the CDs have 2 discs as well. My version is awesome. full booklet, 2 discs. no imperfections. and i love the different sound on all the songs.

What's in the full booklet? I wonder what parts of it I'm missing...:unsure:

I keep listening to Letterbomb and Too Much Too Soon lately...I love them :D

What's in the full booklet? I wonder what parts of it I'm missing...:unsure:

ill go page-for-page

Page 1-Picture and credits for musical

Page 3-6: Story

Page 7-8: CD credits

Page 9-13-Lyrics

Page 14-Picture

Page 15-19: Lyrics

Page 20-Picture

Page 21-24-Lyrics

Page 15-Picture

Okay, I seriously have to control my listening of this.

It's getting a tad outtahand :wub:

goddammit, I was suppose to go to the mall tomorrow, so I'd buy it there... but now I'm sick, and I don't know if my mom will take me :/

ill go page-for-page

Page 9-13-Lyrics

Page 14-Picture

Page 20-Picture

Page 21-24-Lyrics

Page 15-Picture

Hmm, thats weird. Mine doesn't go exactly like that, like the pictures are on different pages, and i have 28 pages, excluding the front and back cover.

But what's important is the music and it's great! :)

ill go page-for-page

Page 9-13-Lyrics

Page 14-Picture

Page 20-Picture

Page 21-24-Lyrics

Page 15-Picture

Oh right thanks, mines like this:

page1: picture

page 2: end of story

page 3: cast credits

page4: credits

page 5-11: lyrics

page 12: pictures

page 13 -17: lyrics (as far as 2nd verse of 21 Guns)

page 18: picture

:(

this is really odd. everyone seems to have a different booklet.

I got around to listening to this and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I like most of the musical cast renditions except "Favorite Son" and "Know Your Enemy".

So, I'll finally have money today (well hopefully :lol:) and I think I'll walk into town and find this. I hope they have a copy! :wub:

mine came in the post yesterday, am listening to it now and I love it! I didn't notice anything wrong with my booklet,I may have a closer look though :sherlock:

the more i listen, the more i like this album.

and i super love tre's solo at are we the waiting. :happy:

Yesterday I went to the mall, and I didn't find the album on Fnac, and that is the best store for cds and stuff like that around here.. I'm screwed :cry:

EDIT: I just saw that the cast album was going to be available on Germany on GD.com... So that means other European countries can't get it?

I mean the physical copy, not the iTunes download.

the more i listen, the more i like this album.

and i super love tre's solo at are we the waiting. :happy:

Same here!!! It's soooo amazing!!

I thought the UK version wasn't supposed to have the Green Day version of When It'a Time/be only one disc? Mine isn't, it has both discs and all the tracks and I got it from HMV. It seems like they're only getting in one or two copies, which sucks.

I got around to listening to this and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I like most of the musical cast renditions except "Favorite Son" and "Know Your Enemy".

I actaully prefer the cast version of Know Your Enemy to the original :ninja:

I find it weird that Johnny doesn't sing Are We the Waiting 'cause of the line "The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie" and I find it weird that he doesn't sing Novacaine either and they took out the "tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing" line at the end. I'm sure it makes since if you've seen the show but I just found that a little odd. :unsure:

I actaully prefer the cast version of Know Your Enemy to the original :ninja:

Oh I do too! xD

^ i love the way that you're all "awwwww, johnny loves whatsername"... and then... DO YOU KNOW THE ENEMY? xD

I find it weird that Johnny doesn't sing Are We the Waiting 'cause of the line "The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie" and I find it weird that he doesn't sing Novacaine either and they took out the "tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing" line at the end. I'm sure it makes since if you've seen the show but I just found that a little odd. :unsure:

Tunny sings "Are We the Waiting" and the line "The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie" refers to what Johnny told him about the city and how it'll be a better place for them, but Tunny is unhappy with it and goes off to do what he does, thus "a lie."

Will sings "Give Me Novacaine" and the song actually fits Will's situation more than Johnny's at that point. And the "tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing" was just changed to "tell me that I won't feel a thing" probably because at that point both Will and Tunny were singing. Earlier, they switched out Jimmy to Johnny.

:)

Got it in HMV yesterday! Don't think there's any problems with my booklet.

Can't even explain how amazing it is to listen to on my dad's old hi-fi with the speakers blasting it out.

Still can't really get into LNOE or BOBD too much.

Tunny sings "Are We the Waiting" and the line "The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie" refers to what Johnny told him about the city and how it'll be a better place for them, but Tunny is unhappy with it and goes off to do what he does, thus "a lie."

Yeah I assumed it meant something like that :happy:

Will sings "Give Me Novacaine" and the song actually fits Will's situation more than Johnny's at that point. And the "tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing" was just changed to "tell me that I won't feel a thing" probably because at that point both Will and Tunny were singing. Earlier, they switched out Jimmy to Johnny.

:)

I noticed that, it sounds weird when you're used to hearing "Jimmy".

I noticed that, it sounds weird when you're used to hearing "Jimmy".

Really early in Berkeley, they had kept it as "Jimmy," but of course, changed it. ;)

I bought it not expecting much (Well...mainly for When It's Time :rolleyes:), but I was really glad I bought it after hearing it on The Leak. I really like LNOE and BOBD; the part at the end with City Of The Damned reminds me of the live version of BOBD where Billie's laughing. I love KYE, but I do have to say one thing; when Jimmy lets out that howl in it, it sort of reminds me of Adam Lambert :whistle I like how Letterbomb is sung by a girl, and I really like how they actually scream "Jesus of Suburbia!" during I Don't Care. My favorite on it though I think is the twist between LOTAG and SAR. I love how it skips into St. Jimmy at the ending :happy:

Really early in Berkeley, they had kept it as "Jimmy," but of course, changed it. ;)

Huh, that's interesting :shifty: I think this album makes me appreciate the orignals for what they are as well as being really good itself :happy:

Just an informal poll... :sherlock: What's your most favorite and least favorite song on the AI OCR? You can split up JOS and Homecoming, if you wish.

Most: Whatsername

Least: Jesus of Suburbia (just the first segment)

Archived