American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

They really killed Favorite Son... and American Idiot, JOS, St Jimmy, Give Me Novacaine, Too Much Too Soon, Letterbomb...

=/

I hate to admit this, but I don't like all these versions. Idk why.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ there are a few of them that I have truly disliked. For the most part I think they are interesting and not bad

I didn't like how they changed the lyrics to Know Your Enemy. :(

And is getting the album online the only place you can buy it?

^^ there are a few of them that I have truly disliked. For the most part I think they are interesting and not bad

The problem is that I dislike a lot of the singers voices. They start to sing and I'm like "Hell no." and stop the song. They don't sing bad of course, I don't really know why, but I find most of their voices pretty annoying. =/

The problem is that I dislike a lot of the singers voices. They start to sing and I'm like "Hell no." and stop the song. They don't sing bad of course, I don't really know why, but I find most of their voices pretty annoying. =/

I can't tell who's who with the girls. :(

I just listened to the previews on amazon and I am not sure what to think about it.

LOTAG/She's a rebel, Last night on earth & Whatsername sound kind of terrible. I really don't like them sung by the cast. Maybe I like them better if I can hear the full version.

But I like the rest and I really love Before the Lobotomy, Letterbomb and both versions of When it's time :wub:

oooh i really like the strings in Blvd of brkn drms! they're kinda fitting in that acoustic version!

Ya, I think what makes me not like certain songs (St. Jimmy *cough cough*) is the way they are sung...I am not so sure about the voices on Give Me Novacain, LOTAG/She's A Rebel or WMUWSE (although I don't really think that could be sung like BJ sings it)

I love the violin in BOBD!

The back up voals in Too Much Too Soon!

I need the Violin/viola notes for BOBD.

:D

I wanna play this version at my upcoming spring concert. :D

Ya, I think what makes me not like certain songs (St. Jimmy *cough cough*) is the way they are sung...I am not so sure about the voices on Give Me Novacain, LOTAG/She's A Rebel or WMUWSE (although I don't really think that could be sung like BJ sings it)

I love the violin in BOBD!

The back up voals in Too Much Too Soon!

Oh god St Jimmy. >_< I really don't like that one. The idea of putting LOTAG and She's A Rebel into one song is pretty cool, but yeah I don't really like the way it's sung there as well... Mgh, maybe I need to listen to the full version but at the moment I'm not that hyper excited for this album.

edit: And I seem to be the only one that's not madly in love with When It's Time. :lol:

I need the Violin/viola notes for BOBD.

:D

I wanna play this version at my upcoming spring concert. :D

Wait till you hear the very end of Whatsername! It's haunting (with the cello and/or viola). It's the very last thing in the show (except the curtain call and now I HOPE Good Riddance). It leaves me with this incredibly melancholy nostalgic feeling (just like the words of the song).

I just love musicals, I always did, so this is just so amazing :wub: I love their voices and I love how the songs are changed, I love all the changes so far! The songs look so powerful yet so beautiful. I feel so proud of GD for letting this happen.

Wait till you hear the very end of Whatsername! It's haunting (with the cello and/or viola). It's the very last thing in the show (except the curtain call and now I HOPE Good Riddance). It leaves me with this incredibly melancholy nostalgic feeling (just like the words of the song).

Really? Wow. That sounds really good. :o

I've always wanted to learn Whatsername. The only GD song I know on Viola is Holiday. But damn, I wanna hear the ending now. :D

Favorite son, Too Much too soon and Letterbomb seem really good, I cant wait to hear full versions of everything though :happy:

AHH now I want to hear the full versions so much more!

Ohh my gosh..

I love violins in their songs :wub:

Oh god St Jimmy. >_< I really don't like that one. The idea of putting LOTAG and She's A Rebel into one song is pretty cool, but yeah I don't really like the way it's sung there as well... Mgh, maybe I need to listen to the full version but at the moment I'm not that hyper excited for this album.

edit: And I seem to be the only one that's not madly in love with When It's Time. :lol:

Yea, I think the concept of that mash up is great, hopefully the full track is better than the excerpt! I really have fallen in love with St. Jimmy all over again and I just can not get over how much I dislike this preview.

Yea, I think the concept of that mash up is great, hopefully the full track is better than the excerpt! I really have fallen in love with St. Jimmy all over again and I just can not get over how much I dislike this preview.

Have you seen the show? Seeing Tony Vincent as St. Jimmy is a mind-blowing experience. And watching him sing it - everything is perfect! I can relate to people who are hearing other voices singing Green Day, though (especially since they're theatrical voices). It's definitely different. But I'm loving it! I hope you will end up feeling the same way.

I can't wait until it's released!

I'm not sure If I'll be able to get the physical album here :cry:

Have you seen the show? Seeing Tony Vincent as St. Jimmy is a mind-blowing experience. And watching him sing it - everything is perfect! I can relate to people who are hearing other voices singing Green Day, though (especially since they're theatrical voices). It's definitely different. But I'm loving it! I hope you will end up feeling the same way.

I haven't seen the musical and I guess watching him performing it is a lot better than just hearing it. I think I dislike the theatrical way the whole album is sung, which is of course not the casts fault because... it is a musical after all.

I am hoping to see it in June! I have seen a few of the preview videos but nothing highlighting him =/

I want to work designing theatrical lighting so I get the perfomance voices, it is just strange. I feel like it will all click much better when I get to hear the entire songs.

Ohh my gosh..

I love violins in their songs :wub:

Don't forget the other string instruments.

Most people hear a Violin and they think it's a violin. It can be a viola since they basically sound the same except it's a bit deeper. But it depends what notes you're playing. :)

Sorry, I just don't like how Violins take some of the credit for stuff the violas do too. :P

Archived