American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only going to be avalible online isn't it? Or will it be in shops 'cause it's green fday related?

Already said this in the musical thread, but well. Yay, but it's gonna add up to almost $25 for me :( stupid shipping costs

I just wish you could see the musical, Hermione. I was so afraid it would be a disaster. But, as I've said many times, seeing it come to life made me realize that everyone involved loves this music just as much as I do. And that's huge. The stories and the action on stage just make so much sense (and actually enrich the music for me). I don't think I would have been interested in hearing other people singing Green Day if I hadn't seen it. But now, listening to the cast album will bring back all the visuals from the show and I think I'm gonna love it!

I don't know. The audio and little video clips I've seen make me feel very happy for the band and very happy for all the Green Day fans watching and enjoying Green Day's music together. I enjoyed hearing and seeing them a lot for that reason, it really made my heart swell with pride for the band. But that's the extent of my enjoyment. I'm sure it's a good musical, but I just don't enjoy that style/sound of music in musicals. The fact even a Green Day musical hasn't sparked my interest confirms that I think :lol:

PREVIEWS :woot:

Thanks for posting :happy:

I like the Green Day version of "When its time" :)

Im guessing its the version that was recorded when American Idiot was being recorded, and that shows up on the Heart Like A Handgrenade Movie :ermm:

*happy =D*

(well, when I can listen them. internet, hurry up!)

edit: Hmm, in all honesty I have to say I'm a tad disappointed (in Billie's version of When It's Time). I guess I prefer the rough and acoustic version over the polished and with other instruments (drums, bass and piano, I think?) thing. Although maybe I just have to get used to it :) and it's not even the full thing.

oh, I still like it very much and I'm pleased to have a real recording (sorry, the right phrase has slipped me) of it, but yeah.

PREVIEWS :woot:

Thanks for posting :happy:

I like the Green Day version of "When its time" :)

The last track is definately bille joe.

since i have not heard the full song I prefer not to comment about it.

this is a really stupid question but is it only available on amazon?? or will it been in shops too??

The last track is definately bille joe.

since i have not heard the full song I prefer not to comment about it.

Yeah i only heard the last track there and yeah it is Billie. I edited my comment above.

do you think it will be available in stores over here?

i couldn´t find anything but maybe it´s just too early

it will be released on april 24 if I understand right but I don't know if in Germany too

I don't know. The audio and little video clips I've seen make me feel very happy for the band and very happy for all the Green Day fans watching and enjoying Green Day's music together. I enjoyed hearing and seeing them a lot for that reason, it really made my heart swell with pride for the band. But that's the extent of my enjoyment. I'm sure it's a good musical, but I just don't enjoy that style/sound of music in musicals. The fact even a Green Day musical hasn't sparked my interest confirms that I think :lol:

Well, there's nothing like being in the room to watch it live. I was talking to someone about that just recently - I'm not sure I could handle a movie. Watching the live performance just makes it seem so huge somehow. But of course, everyone has their own preferences. You might hate it (but I don't think you would :)).

^

just noticed :lol:

:lol:

When i saw the comment that Billie was singing When its time, i went straight to the one in the middle of the album, not the last one :lol:

:lol:

When i saw the comment that Billie was singing When its time, i went straight to the one in the middle of the album, not the last one :lol:

XD!!

so When its time by Green Day is sort of a 'bonus' track?

Billie singing When It's Time? I just got interested in this album :woot:

Well, there's nothing like being in the room to watch it live. I was talking to someone about that just recently - I'm not sure I could handle a movie. Watching the live performance just makes it seem so huge somehow. But of course, everyone has their own preferences. You might hate it (but I don't think you would :)).

Well I definitely appreciate the recommendation, especially coming from you. I suppose I'll never know unless I see it myself.

Billie singing When It's Time? I just got interested in this album :woot:

I thought that might pique your interest!

Well I definitely appreciate the recommendation, especially coming from you. I suppose I'll never know unless I see it myself.

I hope you get the opportunity to see it someday with the original cast. Even if you don't love it, the experience is something else!

^Haha yeah, and the clip sounds great! Can't wait to hear the whole song.

XD!!

I thought it might be something like that. That makes a bit more sense, now I'm even more excited :happy:

XD!!

Yup :happy:

There was a setlist going around a while back for this that said "Good Riddance" sung by the cast would be a bonus track. I much prefer that a studio version of "when its time" is the bonus track. :)

Archived