American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

I think the cast album from American Idiot deserves it's own thread. I used the search button and did'nt find any others :)

So, what does everyone think about the cast album thats coming out? I'm really looking forward to it, I just wish we had some more information about when we can expect to see it released :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be amazing! :D

I wonder if they're just going to record the songs from the musical or maybe one/some new ones? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it is :) After receiving plenty of similar questions, someone from the musical released a list of answers frequently asked questions, and it revealed there would be a cast album :) I think Billie posted about it on Twitter as well, just saying that they had finished the cast recordings :)

I was gonna make a thread about this about a week ago but then thought I must be wrong about it cause no one else had :lol:

I guess it's official seeing as this was posted on Twitter:

"At the st james theater today!Amazing!Also finished vocals for the AI cast record!these people can SING!!this is the real deal!!broadway!!!"

I didn't know this. :woot:

That's amazing.

I think it will be amazing! :D

I wonder if they're just going to record the songs from the musical or maybe one/some new ones? :rolleyes:

I think they'll just do covers.

It's actually been discussed quite a bit in the musical thread. Maybe when it's released, it should have its own thread, but I think it's too early now. We don't know anything about it other than what's already been discussed in the other thread - i.e. it is official, and the recording has been completed.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to reopen this as promised now that we have a release date and purchasing options.

Where did the release date come from?

Justin found it on Amazon.com. There's a link in the thread for discussion of the musical.

Justin found it on Amazon.com. There's a link in the thread for discussion of the musical.

Okay ,thanks! :D

Ehhh, I don't think I wanna buy it. I've tried to take an interest in this musical but it's just not happening. I wish Green Day every success with it though.

I even heard it when they personally said that they're making an american idiot cast album

Ehhh, I don't think I wanna buy it. I've tried to take an interest in this musical but it's just not happening. I wish Green Day every success with it though.

That's how I feel. I'm not really into musicals and this hasn't really got a story I can follow. Although I'm a bit sad to think this'll be the only 'Green Day' album I won't own.

I just wish you could see the musical, Hermione. I was so afraid it would be a disaster. But, as I've said many times, seeing it come to life made me realize that everyone involved loves this music just as much as I do. And that's huge. The stories and the action on stage just make so much sense (and actually enrich the music for me). I don't think I would have been interested in hearing other people singing Green Day if I hadn't seen it. But now, listening to the cast album will bring back all the visuals from the show and I think I'm gonna love it!

Thanks J'net :) I cant wait for this :D

Me too, SirJack! :)

That's how I feel. I'm not really into musicals and this hasn't really got a story I can follow. Although I'm a bit sad to think this'll be the only 'Green Day' album I won't own.

I will buy it even if I don't really like it but I wanna have it and hear how it is

I will buy it even if I don't really like it but I wanna have it and hear how it is

do you think it will be available in stores over here?

i couldn´t find anything but maybe it´s just too early

Amazon says it's $21.98. I know OBCRs are usually somewhat expensive compared to regular albums, but still, I wish it was cheaper. Poor college kids like me can't afford all this Green Day stuff lately. =/

Amazon says it's $21.98. I know OBCRs are usually somewhat expensive compared to regular albums, but still, I wish it was cheaper. Poor college kids like me can't afford all this Green Day stuff lately. =/

Hopefully, they'll sell an mp3 version at a much lower price. I'd keep my eye out for that if I were you.

Archived