Sign in to follow this  
Taylor_k2008

Pinhead Gunpowder - 2010/02/12 - 924 Gilman Street, Oakland, California, USA

Joy of suburbia.

^^ your recap sounded so fucking epic!!!

It sounds like a movie. :)

I'm happy that you got to go. :thumbsup:

CrimsonRegret

Fantastic Review indeed Nemesis! :woot:

Note to self: Don't be such a chicken, Maybe I would of been able to actually meet more of you guys!

not so great on the walk up to strangers and strike up a convo thing.

:teehee:

Moxy Crimefighter
^^ your recap sounded so fucking epic!!!

It sounds like a movie. :)

I'm happy that you got to go. :thumbsup:

SHOTGUN MOVIE RIGHTS!

greendayfan518

@ Joy Of Suburbia:

Thank you for sharing your story...I couldn't afford to go this time & your recap let me imagine what it was like. I was at the 2008 gig...I made my peace with God that day because I thought I was going to die there. Was in the front row lying on the stage & it was scary and HOT and religious all at the same time.

WHEW! Billie Joe was talked into wearing the dress...that makes me feel a little better. LOL. Even though he looked "pretty"...there something about a guy in a dress that screams sissy...which is OK, but not a trait that I am completely comfortable with. I guess I like manly queers. LOL

Mozzabillie

I was wondering why Billie was wearing a dress. That is funny that he had to be talked into it. I just figured that it was a PHGP thing. I have all of their CDs and always loved them but have never had the opportunity to see them live. I had to work during the day and didn't get off work until after 7:00 PM and thought that I would try to go just in case and I'm so glad that I did. I figured that I would never forgive myself if I didn't at least try. I got there at around 7:50 PM and had no trouble getting in. The show was absolutely fantastic!!! I love them so much.

parinaz
A) Want to expose himself as a queer (finally)

B) The concert was for a friend that has breast (sp?) cancer.

I go for B.

and lol @ being Jason's wife's dress :lol:

oh really? is it confirmed?

WHEW! Billie Joe was talked into wearing the dress...that makes me feel a little better. LOL.

Me too.

Moxy Crimefighter
WHEW! Billie Joe was talked into wearing the dress...that makes me feel a little better. LOL. Even though he looked "pretty"...there something about a guy in a dress that screams sissy...which is OK, but not a trait that I am completely comfortable with. I guess I like manly queers. LOL

tsk tsk tsk. Fat people wear Muu Muu's and they're dresses and they're not considered fag's, but when a ridiculously good looking, bisexual man wears a dress for a benefit show for boob cancer, ooooohhh it's bad.

Although fatties do look stylish in those things. hot damn I want a Muu Muu

parinaz

^:lol:

Metanoia

thanks to all who wrote those amazing recaps and telling us from the show =( everytime i read of such cool east bay club shows i could die of jelaousy =( i mean c'mon im 16 and from germany =( i can hardly do NOTHING !!!!! =(

well im happy though for all of you who could go there =)

Metanoia

what did billie write on his hand ? anyone know who has been there ? =)

4355327560_6b065c9b5a.jpg

parinaz

oh yeah what was that?

Juliette

I still can't get over that dress :lol: And I love Jason's tshirt.

Maddy.

Why is everyone shitting themselves over why he's wearing that dress? Seriously guys, this is Billie Joe, get used to him. :lol:

RobyRoom
what did billie write on his hand ? anyone know who has been there ? =)

http://www.greendayauthority.com/Picture_V..._6b065c9b5a.jpg

I don't know but i remember that he had something written on his hand even in the green day concerts, there was a picture in the picture thread that showed the text, but it wasn't completely clear :/ I guess it might be the same quote :)

And thanks for the review Nemesis, it was great :happy: but it made me feel so concerned about the mental health of some of the people that were there, I mean if you love a band, if you love Billie Joe, the only think you can wish is to make him able to spend a wonderful night, not to make him embarrassed, or uncomfortable. Some people need to get a life :down: I love green Day also cause they managed to remain genuine and grounded persons even if they have had a huge success all over the world, and I know that the only thing that Billie Joe wanted for that night was to have a funny meet up with friends and family, but then someone who calls itself a fan ruined it all. It's really sad to think about that.

HoneyDo666

I love Billie, but I would never want him to feel uncomfy. Still loving that dress...

Tripe

I haven't had the time to go back in the thread as much as I would like, but Nemesis....wonderful review! I am so glad you got to go!

Shirley'

@ Nemesis

Wow great recap! Thanks for sharing it with us! Im sure everyone had an awesome night.. i am feeling kinda sad though for Bilie. He just wanted to have a good time and some people can't understand that. That's sad. I mean, how much I love Billie and GD - I wouldn't bother them or something..

About the dress, only he can do that and still look good in it hahaa :lol:

I wish I could have seen them play but I'm just a poor student from Holland so... :ermm:

Edited by Shirley'

IscoredWaddlesgoals

I don't think Billie will feel that bad about screaming (if that's what we're on about) adoring crowds aren''t exactly the worst result for a rock star.

.WalkingContradiction.

I'm not sure if I understood what happened. Billie was criticized because he was wearing a dress?

Edited by .WalkingContradiction.

RobyRoom
I'm not sure if I understood what happened. Billie was criticized because he was wearing a dress?

Nope. That's why we love him :lol:

Many paople in this thread were criticizing some fans who were at the gig and acted like fantards :dry:

Katarina.

Billie's looking gorgeous in that dress.. :)

Mrs.Kerplunk

thanks for all the nice reviews. :) sounds like ya'll had fun

green-day1972

Billie Joe with a dress !! :woot:

so cool ha ha ha ^^

Katarina.

Awesome review! It sounded like you had an amazing time :D

And thanks for all the other reviews too! I wish I could've been there..

LetItBeHappy
About the dress, only he can do that and still look good in it hahaa :lol:

Mike'd look gorgeous in a dress too :ninja:

no, some fans went crazy and started to screamd as soon as they saw him, and it was unconfortable.

but now I'm going to critize him everytime I see him with normal clothes and not a dress

:lol:

Sign in to follow this