GD song you're most relating to at this moment in time

Spirited Away

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always relate to minority, and the line " there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be" from JOS is tattooed on my arm so that song speaks to me as well

Really good question. I can think of several that may apply to me, but I'll go with Restless Heart Syndrome because I feel like I'm working hard to accomplish a lot of things, but not getting the results I deserve, and as a result I'm trying to avoid those bad results as much as possible. And I say R.H.S because I feel like while some people may be screwing me over, but I'm not helping myself either. "You're a victim of the system, you are your own worst enemy." "I need to find a place to hide, you never know what could be waiting outside. The accident that you couldn't find, it's like some kind of suicide."

Uptight, and I don't think I need to explain why. " the future just ain't what it just to be"

At the moment J.A.R. cause I feel like no one understands about how I love Green Day except for GD fans which hardly are any where I live...I wanna live the way I want but family makes me feel like Im being dictated..

"if only you can see whats inside my head then you would start to understand what values in my heart"-J.A.R.

I feel to a certain extent like I relate to Longview, as I guess can most teenagers.

However the song with the most relation to my life is "Nice Guys finish last". Pretty obviously that is about the fact that I can never get a girlfriend because all of the girls I like I'm nice to, however they then go for the guys who are nasty to them and almost bully them. :( :(

"Reject" which goes out to a "good friend" of mine who I hate for long time now and going to tell him in a few days how much I'm pissed off of him. Also "Only Of You" because that song perfectly describes my feelings for a special person...

"When you lost all hope and excuses, and the cheapskates and the losers

Nothing's left to cling onto, you got to hold on to yourself..."

Brain Stew. I'm having troubles to sleep almost every night

Right there with you.

Right now for me I can relate to Loss of Control. There are so many of my older friends that are turning out to be nothing but a bunch of huge tools and I can't wait to get out of my high school.

Jesus of Suburbia. I mean, I've always really related to it, but lately, I've been feeling like a bit of a fuck-up with a few things in my life. "And there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be, in the land of make believe, that don't believe in me."

J.A.R. because it describes perfectly how I want to live after I overcome some personal problems.

The Trilogy as a whole really. I connected to the songs immediately and strongly. They're damn near the only thing I listen to anymore. I especially relate to X-Kid and Lazy Bones recently. And for something not off the trilogy; Whatsername. That one because of the fact that I'm dealing with a sort of simuliar situation with a past relationship and the song really embodies how I feel. Lazy Bones, is like, the story of my life. Those lyrics could've been written by/for me, they fit that well. And X-Kid I had a strong relation to right off the bat. Getting older, and not feeling like you should be. It's like all this time has passed and you're still the dumb kid you were back then. And the line; "I fell in love but it didn't catch your fall" is just dead on for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Panic Song because I have been having panic attacks this week. But I found listening to Panic Song when having a panic attack is very helpful. Actually, I found all of Insomniac to be very helpful. I have a whole new appreciation for that album.

Basket Case because off all this anxeity this week

Basically any of the hate songs. Platypus, Ha Ha Your Dead, Take Back, Scumbag, Let Yourself Go and particularly In The End.

Yeah, it's been that kind of week... A 'friend' has been treating other friends of mine like shit. They're way out of line and need to be called out.

Definitely Missing You :wub: " You're not around & I'm a fucking disaster, I'm missing you... "

Haven't seen my amazing brother for almost 40 days :cry:

And also Platypus!! For a bunch of people whom I friggin hate!! :mad:

NO ONE KNOWS ( from Kerplunk ), because my new "friends" judged me by my looks - just a freak, stupid girl listening to punk, probably smoking cigarettes, taking drugs and so on... only because I was wearing black trousers, converse sneakers, Trilogy t-shirt, black&red jacket and leather belt... especially the line "But when you think of me do you fill your head with schemes? Better think again, 'cause no one knows..."

And the second one is LET YOUSELF GO - the whole song really - contains all the things I'd love to tell these people :ninja:

MAKEOUT PARTY and BRUTAL LOVE as the ones to help me cope with my emotions ( don't cry and burn church down at the same time :eyebrows: )

Deffinitely Waiting.

I've been trying and trying to get a job now for forever

and nothing is happening.

Every lyric in that song speaks to me right now..

Archived