Billie Joe's sexuality referenced in Advocate Article

MusicalDeviant

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see that quote put out again. I've always admired his candidness in that article, good stuff.

Long live Billie Joe Armstrong! I really love his view of life in general! And him of course!

It'd be interesing to see how he feels about having said that now, after so many years. Not that i'm saying would he regret it or anything, but it'd still be interesting to hear what his response would be now.

It'd be interesing to see how he feels about having said that now, after so many years. Not that i'm saying would he regret it or anything, but it'd still be interesting to hear what his response would be now.

maybe he gives a deeper answer :o.... or the same xd

I actually find it odd that he never really touched upon his sexuality after giving that interview ages ago. You'd expect at least one more fleeting comment.

or is that just me being stupid, I mean I don't mention my bisexuality all the time.

David Bowie's awnser made me lol “It was some very pretty boy in class in some school or other that I took home and neatly fucked on my bed upstairs. And that was it. My first thought was, Well, if I ever get sent to prison, I’ll know how to keep happy.”

^Yeah I've thought that. But I suppose it's just one of those things that there's no need for him to bring up unless he's asked about it. And no one's asked.

He has mentioned it a couple of other times in interviews, but that was around that same time as that article.

^Yeah I've thought that. But I suppose it's just one of those things that there's no need for him to bring up unless he's asked about it. And no one's asked.

That is true, I'm just curious is all. But I suppose it would be really stupid to go and ask him "So, You've stopped on that pitstop to gay town?"

That is true, I'm just curious is all. But I suppose it would be really stupid to go and ask him "So, You've stopped on that pitstop to gay town?"

Haha exactly! I would be interested too though, there must be an interviewer out there somewhere who could sneak the question in.

I have a feeling he hasn't changed much on his position. :thumbsup:

I have a feeling he hasn't changed much on his position. :thumbsup:

I don't think he has either, but it'd still be interesting to see his opinion on his statement from back in the day.

lol @ David Bowie. :lol:

On a serious note:

I think Billie's theory is pretty accurate, actually.

Ninemsn did one too, but in that one, I think Billie was the only male they featured. And they used the same quote too.

And to Deathwish, in the board index where it says the last post info, I read it too fast and though it said "Billie Joe's Deathwish". I was like "WHAT!?!"

/offtopic.

Thanks for sharing. It was an interesting read and it's been a while since I've read his quote.

Yeah, I don't think he probably gives it much thought, he's obviously married to a woman (and apparently happily so), and the fact that he publicly kisses men and women doesn't mean much, given he is a very flamboyant showman when he wants to be; it's a persona. He doesn't otherwise behave in a way that typifies "homosexually active" men or really bring up sexual orientation in any way, outside of the most conservative conspiracy theory rings (whom I doubt pay much attention to him, anyway). All of that said, it would indeed be interesting to see how he answered that question today. He does have a way of being very vague and indirect on certain topics... I don't think he probably gives it much thought.

Haha exactly! I would be interested too though, there must be an interviewer out there somewhere who could sneak the question in.

It was addressed last year, actually! The NRJ interview, remember?

They mentioned the talk about Billie's "sexual preferences". Billie just laughed, and said they all just gang bang each other.

In any case. It's not a big deal to him. I support his guy on guy fantasies he has (or used to have). :shifty:

I've never believed he's a bisexual for real!

He's never been in a relationship or at least romantically linked to a man! :blink:

I've never believed he's a bisexual for real!

He's never been in a relationship or at least romantically linked to a man! :blink:

If he says he is, he is, parinaz. That's all there is to it.

I haven't read the full article in a while, but I think he claimed that he'd never had sex with a guy, but he fantasized a lot about it. I'd probably reckon he hit a few bases short of home with guys back in those days, but who knows.

We can't forget his fondness for making out with Tre in the early days. :lol:

You know it's all fodder for other people's fantasies, regardless of how real it is.

Archived