Green Day May Get Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nod

Sanity Loan

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been there twice now, it's amazing.

The first time I got to see The Clash as the featured exhibit it was great.

And Mike's old bass is there. I'm not sure if they switched out that exhibit,

But the last time I was there I saw it.

Once Green Day is inducted It'll be perfect.

Now why couldn't I have seen that cool shit when I went there? I find the place to be super boring. :huh: Of course, I would shell out some money to go back if GD were there permanently!

• 2 months later...

FUCK YEAH THEY WILL!

the very year there eligibile in 2015!

65 million records and counting 2 date !

and biggest band in the world status TWICE!

theyve maded a humongous inpact in rock and roll history and they will get inducted the very year i proomise!

and i cant wait 2 see:D

Great, so if they're in the rock and roll hall of fame what does this mean exactly?

Basically it is the best award a band can get. Being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is basically saying that they are a band that changes the music industry in some way or another and has been famous for some time. Frankly, it would be nice if they reduced the limit to 20 years. But some bands that aren't in the rock and roll hall of fame that definitely deserve it, should get in if they're going to change the rules. I wonder why it's taken them so long to get those bands in the hall of fame?

It would be a shame if they weren´t elected. But I´m pretty sure they will! :) I´m lovin it!

Well weather it's next year, 5 years from now, or 10 years from now, Green Day will get in. I know it!

But it would be cool if they were in there, before they even hit 40!

FUCK YEAH THEY WILL!

the very year there eligibile in 2015!

65 million records and counting 2 date !

and biggest band in the world status TWICE!

theyve maded a humongous inpact in rock and roll history and they will get inducted the very year i proomise!

and i cant wait 2 see:D

I was scrolling this thread, passed your post and saw '65 million' and was like 'wtf what have dinosaurs to do with this??'

/coolstory

I was scrolling this thread, passed your post and saw '65 million' and was like 'wtf what have dinosaurs to do with this??'

/coolstory

:lol:

That is so awesome! They are really a band, who has more than deserved to be there! And Nirvana might get in there too? :woot:

Yay!!! Finally, these are great news! I'm so happy for them, they deserve it. :woot:

GO GREEN DAY!!! :bunny:

Sooner or later Green Day will get it

YEP!!^^

I'm sure they'll get inducted the first year they're eligible. They've had a huge impact on not only rock and roll but music in general. Hopefully they get a good band to induct them tho.

yihaaaaaaa :banana:

hope they'll make it soon :rolleyes:

YES!!!! :banana::banana:

needed some good news :happy:

Now many people are gonna hate on me,

BUT

whereas Green Day is my favorite band, and I hope they make it in some day,

I do believe that there are bands that deserve to be inducted before Green Day is.

That is just my opinion, though.

• 1 year later...

Since I'm new to GDC, I've been going back and reading old threads that caught my eye, and I know people don't like it when old threads get bumped for no reason... but reading this thread, I think I have a good reason, if only to point out something that I think has been VERY misunderstood when discussing Green Day's eligibility and the whole 25 year rule. I just felt compelled to clear up something, unless I'm horribly mistaken :thumbsup:

The posts in this thread say things like "the RRHOF's "minimum 25 years in the business" rule was intended to weed out....that is, the true greats will weather the test of time..." aka, y'all might be under the impression that the Hall looks at longevity and has a 25 years as a band requirement: this is not the case. The eligibility on the RORHOF website states that:

"To be eligible for induction as an artist into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the artist must have released a record, in the generally accepted sense of that phrase, at least 25 years prior to the year of induction"

That doesn't mean the band has to BE TOGETHER for 25 years after the release of their first record: for example, the Sex Pistols were inducted in 2006, but were only a band from 1975-1978 (yes, I get my facts from Wikipedia :shifty: ) That's only 3 fucking years. It's about lasting contribution and musical excellence, which often does correspond to decades, but doesn't have to.

So, just to say, even if GD had broken up the day after 1039SOSH was released, they'd still be technically eligible in 2015 :sherlock: Just as, if Justin Beiber were to drop dead today, he'd be 'eligible' in 25 years. :sick:

[not tryin' to be a know-it-all, just tryin' to make things clear.... for people who talked about this a year ago :unsure: ]

Archived