Green Day May Get Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nod

Sanity Loan

In an article posted on Ultimate-Guitar:

Green Day and Guns N' Roses could become eligible for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame if organisers decide to change its rules.

Currently Hall Of Fame rules state that nominees can only be put forward if it's 25 years after the release of their debut album.

Now, according to Showbiz411, co-founder and publisher of Rolling Stone magazine and Hall Of Fame chief Jann Wenner is considering reducing this to 20 years due to the lack of suitable artists who fit the criteria to choose from.

The 63-year-old is also keen bring bigger and fresher names into as the list of acts become smaller.

This could be great news for an array of bands – including Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Public Enemy, Kid Rock and the previously mentioned Green Day and Guns N' Roses.

However, it may cause upset to those names who are yet to be inducted.

Kiss, Deep Purple, Yes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Judas Priest and King Crimson are amongst those who are yet to receive a nomination or have failed to make the final cut.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i coulda sworn they were already in it.

oh well, thats good news. :)

Hall Of Fame chief Jann Wenner is considering reducing this to 20 years due to the lack of suitable artists who fit the criteria to choose from.

Lol and Yay for Green Day longevity. That would be awesome :happy:

Green Day? Guns 'n' Roses? Rock and Roll Hall of fame? :blink:

So this is what happiness feels like....:blush:

I was there in 08 and I remember thinking that it felt empty without Green Day :D

It was great to see The Ramones on it though! :)

Great, so if they're in the rock and roll hall of fame what does this mean exactly?

Great, so if they're in the rock and roll hall of fame what does this mean exactly?

I was wondering the same thing :lol:

Of course I'd love to see Green Day get in. But on the other hand, it would really, really suck for bands like Kiss to not get in for years and then the rules get changed and all of a sudden there's a chance that Kid Rock could get in before Kiss does.

But, but I thought UG was a terrible site!? Wah.

Green Day won't be in any time soon. Keep dreaming.

You beat me to posting this :lol:

Great news, we all know they deserve it :D

Archived