Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trotsky

My Chemical Romance

Trotsky

By mod decree, a new thread.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/ind...p;#entry3506659

So look, I'm not a huge fan anymore (they were my absolute favorite band back in 2005) but I'd sure like someone to tell me where the fuck they've been and why they have done nothing at all lately.

ifmemoryserves

Just wondering, why is it like a tradition that MCR keeps getting new threads?

I mean, the last one only had 41 pages... Other band threads have a ton more than that and they don't get new threads.

I mean, I'm not saying they need new threads or that getting a new thread is cool/special... I'm just wondering why we do this.

Micky
So look, I'm not a huge fan anymore (they were my absolute favorite band back in 2005) but I'd sure like someone to tell me where the fuck they've been and why they have done nothing at all lately.

they've been in LA recording the new album that should be released in March 2010 :D

Trotsky
Just wondering, why is it like a tradition that MCR keeps getting new threads?

I mean, the last one only had 41 pages... Other band threads have a ton more than that and they don't get new threads.

I mean, I'm not saying they need new threads or that getting a new thread is cool/special... I'm just wondering why we do this.

Amanda started it and now it's tradition. I wouldn't give a fuck if that last one got 800 pages, I was bored.

they've been in LA recording the new album that should be released in March 2010 :D

Well I will hope for a P2P leak by the end of January.

Yussef

I listen to them occasionally. Not a massive fan like I used to be before though.

Maddy.

Only ever liked Helena. Can't get into the rest.

Micky
I listen to them occasionally. Not a massive fan like I used to be before though.

yeah, same here.

I hope I'll get again into them when the new record will be out

Guest Roz

same here.

I actually haven't listened to them in months.

ifmemoryserves

MCR used to be one of my favorites.

Now I pm lol whenever they come on shuffle.

But I still listen occasionally.

ANJI

I really like MCR, i think they're a great band. Cant wait for their new album!

Sarahnade.

They used to be one of my favorite bands. When Green Day were making a new album, and I was getting a little bored of them, I went to MCR and listened to them instead. But I haven't listened to them in at least a year. I'm just not that passionate about them as I was. I still consider them a band I like, and if I heard one of their songs I would listen to it. Maybe when I hear the new album, I'll love them again.

Velocity

It's weird for me. I loved them in 2005, I hated them in 2006, and now they're just okay. Although The Black Parade is the only listenable album for me nowadays.

Sarahnade.

^That's pretty much how I was/am. I was just thinking that if I had to listen to one of their albums, it would be TBP. Although I do like their other albums. Revenge was what I always considered my favorite until recently.

Peace and Rainbows

Oh I'm A diehard fan for MCR

I love them!

Gerard way is my hero

ok, time to shut up

Martyn

Basically the album was due around november 2009, but gerard's daughter was born like two weeks before the recording started and so it took twice as long because he had to basically juggle the two jobs.

Interview re above http://www.spin.com/articles/my-chemical-r...d-way-new-album

Due in march though now :D

Sarahnade.

Oh yeah, Lady B. So cute.

rinu

I was a diehard MCR fan.I think they're still good but my music taste has changed.I didn't listen them about a year.

Mato

they better release new album soon :verymad:

Clockwise

Yeah, I really haven't been able to get back into much of the older stuff either though I love it all. I'm really really excited to see what they have in store for their new one.

Davepalooza

Going to be interesting to hear what their new album will sound like.

Micky

Frankie on Twitter:

My newyears wish is for all terrorists to suck my dick.

He will never change :lol:

woven_basketcase

I'm kinda excited to see what they're gonna do for the new album.

Peace and Rainbows
I'm kinda excited to see what they're gonna do for the new album.

Moi Aussi!

I hope it's good considering how fucking long I've been waiting!

woven_basketcase

^ oh lordy yes.

but i can totally understand why there was such a big break. first they blew up with TBP, which was fairly unexpected and then they toured for two or so years plus marriages and babies everywhere. I'm kinda glad. it gives them time to become normal people again.

and for Gerard to get off his high horse, which it looks like he has pretty much so yay.

Emmalee

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what kind of direction they're going/have gone with this new album :).

I haven't listened to them so much recently but I still count them among my favourite bands...

I'm pretty stoked to be seeing them at Soundwave in two months, though it still hasn't set in as reality yet haha. It's especially good because NZ and Australia tend to be the last stop [or close to it] for bands as they tour an album, so it'll make the wait a bit easier aha ;).

I somehow doubt it, but maybe maybe they might sneak a new song or two into their setlists... :eyebrows" ...a girl can dream, right?