Green Day's Best Cover

The Platypus!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think there's a cover they've done that I haven't liked.

I guess my favourite would have to be either I Fought The Law [The Clash], I Don't Wanna Know If You Are Lonely [Huker Du] or Another State of Mind [social Distortion].

The Queen fan in me loves We Are The Champions.

It seems that Green Day are aware of the songs which are most suited for them which is why these covers are just so amazing.

I Fought the Law was originally done by The Crickets. I think the most famous version was Bobby Fuller.

aw holy fuck i forgot a quick one :woot: i was like :o :o :o the first time i heard it because of its awesomness :woot: and like a rolling sdtone is amazing as well <3

I really think they could cover any song and i'd love it =)

I think there best cover is A Quick One While He's Away live at MSG. I was there and I freaked out when they played it. I thought it was a tease. Then it would be Shout

A quick one is my personal favorite, although Shout comes in a very close second, even though they have never recorded it. Its just so much fun live

This + Like a rolling stone and Working class hero!

+ Knowledge (there are no words to describe how much I love this cover :D)

+ and Shout! :P

As much as I like knowledge, I think I still prefer the Operation Ivy version. Its great live though

I've never heard Knowledge played live by Green Day with just the band members players :L,

anyone got it on youtube or anything ? :P

I can't decide between Knowledge, Shout, Stand By Me, or Surrender. Oh yeah and I like their Husker Du cover too.

I've seen videos of them coverin hey jude's chorus, but the fucking people (or at least the one who recorded the thing) kept getting off.. come on, everybody should know where each "na na na na" goes and its tempo.

A quick one, definitely.

I've never heard Knowledge played live by Green Day with just the band members players :L,

anyone got it on youtube or anything ? :P

Here's an, um, interesting one :D

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="345">

There's quite a few performances of the song by just the band on youtube, they only started bringing people up around Nimrod time.

• 7 months later...

I searched and didn't find anything so tell me if this has been done!

What are your favorite songs that Green Day has covered?

My personal favorite is their mix of Surrender (Cheap Trick) and Bastards of Youth (the Replacements):

Hmm.. I guess it's either Like A Rolling Stone or Another State Of Mind but I do love the others, too.

OMFG they covered Surrender?! I can't believe I didn't know about this :o One of my favourite songs everrrrr. :runaround:

I've already made this thread before but what the hell I think it's either 'I Fought The Law' or 'Surrender'

I've already made this thread before but what the hell I think it's either 'I Fought The Law' or 'Surrender'

Alright, can you give me a link to the thread?

surrender no doubt. that song is great and even better with green day :runaround:

Archived