The Platypus!

I like "Working Class Hero" and "Hybrid Moments" too

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I love all their covers but "The Saints are Coming" is my absolute favorite.  Other highlights are "Hybrid Moments" and of course "A Quick One".    Green Day have so many covers and they all rival the original material.  

On 7/21/2014 at 0:49 PM, desertrose said:

I like "Working Class Hero" and "Hybrid Moments" too

yes..me too.WCH video. :toocool:

My favourites are Working Class Hero and We Are The Champions.

Billie's look ageless from that Reading Festival video..I don't really care for song WAREC!:ga:

Not one of my favourites, but I think Eye of the Tiger deserves an honourable mention. :lol:

I love when they do Cheap Trick's Surrender, Working Class Hero and A Quick One and one I found recently is a clip on YouTube of them doing Rip This Joint on Jimmy Fallon during the RS' Exile on Main Street week. Amazing!

I adore Working Class Hero! That nod to John at the end makes it all the more perfect :happy:

42 minutes ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I adore Working Class Hero! That nod to John at the end makes it all the more perfect :happy:

best part from Working class Hero Billie's singing voice sound..just like John at end.

brought tear to my eyes..:cry:

Billie really does sound a lot like John when he sings that song. He's a great mimic with rock voices -- Robert Plant/Led Zeppelin, Cheap Trick, ac/dc he gets the lead singers spot on.

Tired of Waiting has to be way up there- that was a really faithful cover to the original. I especially like it because their style was so different and relatively straightforward at the time, and the clean guitars and singing were a huge departure from any of their major label releases up to that point. It showcased their classic rock sensibilities, ability, and respect for the genre we had not yet seen until then.

Also, I was playing it in my room and Dad popped in and asked why I was playing The Who (huge fan). I explained that it was Green Day (twist: he was the one that got me into Green Day to begin with) and it astounded him.

Archived