Green Day References

technically, Green Day is referencing Red Hot Chili Peppers because RHCP came out first

The first line in "Soul to Squeeze" is "I have a bad disease"

I've been singing that song for years and never realized the connection

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"G' Day Deals" I read as Green Day Deals. :P

Impressive!! Wish I'd seen the broadway show and emilys army too!!

My Green Day Refernces list is pretty short. I've seen them live twice and the second time I saw'em Billie looked at me, and then at my shirt, and then he looked at me again and that's the only damn contact I've had but I brag about "the look" all the time!

I'm reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote and in the book the peoples trial date is March 22nd, and the execution date is May 13th

-Today in Hollywood I saw a zeppelin in the sky and the ad on it said "Good Year". The zeppelin on the cover of dookie says "Bad Year". It´s the opposite meaning but whatever.. :lol:

-At the Hard Rock Cafe I saw a guitar signed by GD and a poster of a GD concert. :happy:

...I sadly forgot the other references :unsure::lol:

technically, Green Day is referencing Red Hot Chili Peppers because RHCP came out first

The first line in "Soul to Squeeze" is "I have a bad disease"

I've been singing that song for years and never realized the connection

I heard that song on the radio the other day. I noticed it too. Also I remembered that I watched a science vid on electricity and they said hitching a ride.

At the camp I was at I saw a guy with a GD t-shirt and later a girl with a belt saying "Green Day" on the back (I was just to tell her it was awesome, but I figured she'd just wonder why the hell I was looking at her ass in the first place... :lol: )

I also heard a guy play Know Your Enemy trough the enormous speaker he carried.

I don't know if anyone posted this, but in the MCR video diary, they're showing the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge CD in a store and on the same rack as that CD is American Idiot. Also in Punk's Not Dead, Frank Iero (from MCR) talks about Green Day being an amazing punk band or paving the way for later punk bands I don't remember. I was also number 86 in the deli and blink-182 mentioned something about being together for twenty years or something and then Tom said "And no we're not Green Day.''

Green Day, well, Billie keeps popping up in my Facebook news feed and on the Smosh Pit :mellow:

I know it's a little late, but what did they say about him on Smosh Pit?

On this one forum I'm a member of, unrelated to Green Day, there's this thread called Amazing Facts. One person's fact had to do with how a male platypus secretes some really powerful toxin. The next person to post said, "Well, I guess that explains Green Day's song Platypus." It made me laugh, just because it was unexpected to see someone reference a Green Day song on there. :lol:

Later in that same thread, the same person had a fact that had to do with how Billie Joe has a son named Jakob Danger Armstrong, and therefore can say his middle name is Danger. Once again, this was as unexpected as their last post. :P

I'm watching a documentary on BBC3 where this woman's trying out living with no money and is trying to hitchhike. The song playing in the background is.....................Hitchin A Ride :D

There's a guy staying at my house who has St. Jimmy hair (and he kind of looks like the St. Jimmy from the music video)

- I'm watching the Simpsons right now and Bart just said "Mum's not here, she's babysitting Nimrod and Nimtod"

-When I was on my way back from the Hard Rock Cafe in London, I saw a girl with a T-shirt from the 21stCBD tour

- And yesterday I've seen a guy wearing a tshirt that said 'Anaheim'

I just heard a line from The Saints Are Coming where Billie was singing on the radio. Triple M Sydney are playing Holiday right now!! 104.9

- I was watching TV the other day and someone said "kerplunk!"

- on the show silent library there was one guy with the heart-shaped grenade tattooed on his forearm

In The Smurfs, you can see a sign for AI on Broadway.

I've to Rudy's (no Mike D:) but the food was good. And I drove past Gilman. I wanted to go to Rodeo but unfortunately that didn't happen. Someday... :happy:

My mum was asking me if we should buy a new laundry basket and I said 'why?' There was no point, the one we have is fine. And she said 'yeah, why...'

In other words, my mother said it too: WHY?

Yeah, there were some references..:

-On the walk of fame there was an actress and her surname was "Saint James"

-Yesterday at the Universal Studios I saw a boy in a red 21st CB shirt and a woman with a Green Day bag :happy:

-I saw an ad on a bus which said "Homeland Security" I had to think of 21st Century Breakdown!

My religion teacher tarted talking about what a fink was. An for my textiles assignment we have to design an outfit an explain why we chose it. I put the words Counting Sheep on it, inspired by I'm counting sheep but running out. In my explanation I explained where it came from.

In the first movie of American Pie, there is a scene when Kevin is reading "the bible", where we can read "Know your enemy" in one of the pages :D

I was looking for video reviews on Youtube of these headphones i'm really interested in to make sure they're good quality before I buy some (WeSC, if you're wondering), and in the first one I watched the guy wanted to demonstrate how there's some sound leakage with them, so he was like, "Alright, let's put on some.. Green Day!" And then he played Homecoming through them and It made me happy.

Archived