Green Day References

I know there's a most random place you've heard a song thread, but if this has been done, shoot me I searched :)

I love it I spy random Green Day references and so I appreciate this homework question:

img001.jpg

Somebody's also written "SAINT JIMMY!" on the front window of the uni bus :)

Where's the most unexpected place you've encountered something related to Green Day?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mostly find references to lyrics everywhere.

Like in English one year, my teacher used phrases like "pan-handling" and "halfway house" and I immediately thought of Misery and Hold On. :D

My friends tease me all the time, saying it's hilarious how I can usually relate anything to GD. xD

I also wanna have homework like this :lol: that's really amazing

I can't think of any unexpected places where I've seen something related to Green Day right now ...

the only thing that comes to my mind is the bathroom in our school. Somebody (basically me xD) wrote Saint Jimmy on the wall .. pretty huge ...

everytime I'm depressed in school I just need to go to the bathroom and :D it helps ... really =)

oooo I forgot, at the start of Knocked Up, the little girl goes:

"I want to listen to Greeeeeeeeen Day!"

hahah i must watch that film :D

Oh, I see them ALL THE TIME. Heh, get it?

But, no, I seriously do. It can just be a word, and I'll think of a GD song, or an interview or something. Sometimes I say things, and I have to stop talking and think, "Where have I heard that before?" and I realize it's something Billie, Mike, or Tre said. Yeah, I'm weird.

I wouldn't complain if I'd get that kind of homework.

And I can't really think of any random GD reference. I watched Knocked Up but I already knew about that girl calling for them. But it was exciting anyway :)

Whoa, that's awesome. I wish my school was cool enough to give Green Day related homework!

I mostly find references to lyrics everywhere.

Like in English one year, my teacher used phrases like "pan-handling" and "halfway house" and I immediately thought of Misery and Hold On. :D

My friends tease me all the time, saying it's hilarious how I can usually relate anything to GD. xD

Hahaha, I do that too! I remember in 6th grade, we got "Propaganda" as a vocabulary word. The teacher was surprised when I told her I knew the word, and even more surprised that I knew it from a Green Day song! :lol:

i remember reading a book a few months ago called "White Mist" and it said "They then baked the Sassafrass Roots to make tea". every time i read that, i started humming the song.

Oh, I see them ALL THE TIME. Heh, get it?

But, no, I seriously do. It can just be a word, and I'll think of a GD song, or an interview or something. Sometimes I say things, and I have to stop talking and think, "Where have I heard that before?" and I realize it's something Billie, Mike, or Tre said. Yeah, I'm weird.

No, for real. It's not healthy how much I think about Green Day.

Whoa, that's awesome. I wish my school was cool enough to give Green Day related homework!

Hahaha, I do that too! I remember in 6th grade, we got "Propaganda" as a vocabulary word. The teacher was surprised when I told her I knew the word, and even more surprised that I knew it from a Green Day song! :lol:

Haha that used to happen to me all the time too. I would know words no one else did because of Green Day songs :lol:

Every time I go into a crappy gas station bathroom, I think of the video for Jesus of Suburbia :P

No, for real. It's not healthy how much I think about Green Day.

I know! I relate everything to them. :lol:

A few years ago, for some reason, someone was messing around with a screw in one of my classes. And I thought of that interview where Tre has the screw and goes, "Wanna screw?" And I was apparently smiling, and this girl was like, "What's funny?" and I just shook my head. I have moments like just about everyday.

I remember being in a science lesson at school about 2 years ago, we were learning about electricity and stuff, and suddenly, this huge picture of Green Day pops up on the screen (to show that electricity's used for lighting, sound and basically everything you need for a concert), everyone automatically turned round and stared at me :lol:.

I find a lot of references in a lot of things, it's mostly to do with lyrics.

I actually have a very sad life :lol:

I know! I relate everything to them. :lol:

A few years ago, for some reason, someone was messing around with a screw in one of my classes. And I thought of that interview where Tre has the screw and goes, "Wanna screw?" And I was apparently smiling, and this girl was like, "What's funny?" and I just shook my head. I have moments like just about everyday.

No kidding. If my best friend didn't love Green Day as much as me, I would be all by myself.

*restrains thoughts of Tre singing*

I was listening to the Chris Moyles radio show the other morning and they have a feature where they ring up this overweight guy who's been trying losing weight since New Year (he's done pretty good!). And he has coloured food days and one day they asked what he was eating and he said he was having a green day. So Chris Moyles said something along the lines of "so you'll be eating Boulevard of Broken biscuits then". It did make me laugh a bit!

yea me too!!!

it was so annoying because then i kept singing that part in my head!

EDIT: I got that word in sixth grade too e5007637.pnge5007637.pnge5007637.png

I ALWAYS come across Green Day references.

Most recently, I was on the flight over from Dublin for the Manchester show and the background music playing was that Eine Klein Nacthmusik by Mozart. Y'know, the little song he kept making everyone sing throughout the shows? :lol: Anyway I thought "Wow, that's mad!" and then looked out the window and saw a big van with the letters FOD on them. I was like "Amazing!!"

There's also these stencils I found around Dublin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Izzyh/3-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Izzyh/2-2.jpg

and my favourite :P

Image001.jpg

I ALWAYS come across Green Day references.

Most recently, I was on the flight over from Dublin for the Manchester show and the background music playing was that Eine Klein Nacthmusik by Mozart. Y'know, the little song he kept making everyone sing throughout the shows? :lol: Anyway I thought "Wow, that's mad!" and then looked out the window and saw a big van with the letters FOD on them. I was like "Amazing!!"

There's also these stencils I found around Dublin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Izzyh/3-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Izzyh/2-2.jpg

and my favourite :P

new low? :verymad:

oooo I forgot, at the start of Knocked Up, the little girl goes:

"I want to listen to Greeeeeeeeen Day!"

i remember that!

it was the little baby in the car!

Green Day popped up in my psychology textbook last year.

It was the chapter about disorders and i see a picture of Billie Joe, next to it is a caption about how Billie Joe writes songs about panic attacks.

Needless to say, it was one of the few chapters in the book i read :lol:

like all them time when people talk i wont be paying attention and they will say something like do as i say not as i do and i will start talking omg thats from green day :P

my dad said good riddance and ya lol you get teh idea :lol:

The other day walking to work I had my iPod on shuffle, and Broadway came on just as I got to the corner of a street called Broadway. Then I carried on a little bit and Landlords came on just as I passed a massive billboard with "LANDLORDS" written across it. It was pretty cool :)

like all them time when people talk i wont be paying attention and they will say something like do as i say not as i do and i will start talking omg thats from green day :P

For real. I could look at anything and pull out a Green Day reference.

new low? :verymad:

I guarantee no matter what city you wrote that in, someone would write something like that beside it. :wink:

For real. I could look at anything and pull out a Green Day reference.

lol same here.

its sad :lol: but true

Archived