Green Day References

In Bruce Springsteens lost in the flood he sings: "The kids call him Jimmy the Saint"

Coincidence? I think not. :wub:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Bruce Springsteens lost in the flood he sings: "The kids call him Jimmy the Saint"

Coincidence? I think not. :wub:

Cept Bruces song came out 31 years before Ametican Idiot lol

Cept Bruces song came out 31 years before Ametican Idiot lol

haha yes, of course but I heard this song looong before I stumbled across Green Day and fell crazy in love with AI. So in my mad mind it's all combined ;)

I went to second Saturday’s Saturday and this one band played a Green Day cover Holiday! My friend had 2 of her friends come and one kept saying shenanigans and nimrod =)

my mom said that she was in a comic book store today and on the radio inside they were giving away tickets to the iHeartRadio festival to see Green Day

There's a mildly fun website called Smallworlds, it's one of those virtual world games. Anyways, I went on today and saw this and almost shit my pants:

sw.png

I heard a radio ad for PBR. But it was about bull racing and not Pabst Blue Ribbon

On tumblr:

Plot twist: Forever the healthiest kids

Plot twist: We not the kings

Plot twist: Calm at the disco

Plot twist: My non-toxic romance

Plot twist: Green night

Plot twist: We are NOT the in crowd

Plot twist: All time high

Plot twist: The boring years

Plot twist: A day to forget

Plot twist: The ugly reckless

Plot twist: Hotplay

Plot twist: The winter set

Plot twist: Hard plan

Plot twist: Cute isn't what we aim for

Plot twist: Death cab for ugly

Plot twist: Paraless

We were learning about urban villages today and we mentioned Milton Keynes

That bitch from Apartment 23 has a TRÉS COOL sweater!!! :pinch:

I want one too... :cry:

I have one of them! It's from H&M, they sold it there last winter over here. Not sure if it's possible to get hold of one any more or not. Knitting one would be even better though since it wouldn't have to have the 'S' :D

I have one of them! It's from H&M, they sold it there last winter over here. Not sure if it's possible to get hold of one any more or not. Knitting one would be even better though since it wouldn't have to have the 'S' :D

Oh, Lucky! It would be hard, but I'll try to knit one for me :)

More of an indirect reference, but this song makes me nostalgic for a time period I really didn't experience. The song is "I Remember '94"

"I remember 94 and punk rock radio..."

I feel like this is a more mature attempt at what Emily's Army was going for with "Broadcast This." :lol: ... or Bowling For Soup's "1985"... only this time, it's for Green Day.

Last night I was listening to a podcast from Greg Proops and at one point he said "this room full of white people called Mike, they don't want [...] they don't want punk, you're not going to give them Green Day" or something like that.

I found it amusing as he has the same accent as Billie Joe and apparently comes from San Fran's East Bay, if I heard correctly. But of course he's more into 70s jazz.

I went to the movies today and in one of the trailers a bunch of guys were drinking PBR, which was nice :happy:

Archived