Redundant - 11/16/2009 - Song of the Week

J'net

Yes! Thanks for choosing this song for siong for song of the week, I love this song so much.

EDIT: Maannnnnn, sucky english much?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the lyrics to this song, but I just never really got into the song. Dunno why, maybe I'll "discover" it sometime.

Btw I loved the redundant-ness in the first post hhahahah XD

The woman screaming at the end is the *perfect* way to cap off the video IMO. The song is all about the inevitable repetition and monotony that eventually creeps into any long-term relationship and asks how that can be broken. The video layers more and more elements on top of a repeating pattern as it goes along, until Billie gets sick of it, picks up the newspaper and walks off with it as his metaphor for breaking that pattern, and the woman is left on her own -- she can't deal with the sudden change-up in routine and she just lets loose. Love it, love it, love it. Or was I just being redundant there? :lol:

the screaming is just ear piercing :lol:

but it definitely makes sense in the video

:wub:

I love this song and the video. It's amazing, and I can really watch it over and over and over again. ;) Even my mum likes it, even though she's not a big Green Day fan. :lol:

Basically, to say I love Redundant is not enough, so one could depict that as to mean that I am, to use a phrase: "lost for words"

Lame, no?

:lol:

Great song though :happy:

AH, I'm dumb and thought your computer had messed up.

This song actually taught me the definition of redundant. I used it awhile ago & this guy was like "huh?" & I was like DUDE LISTEN TO GREEN DAY. THEY ENHANCE VOCABULARY.

I really like the feel of this song. It describes perfectly how I feel about life & the meaningless redundant things I have to do everyday.

Love this song. And it's not a song i play often so i've never gotten sick of it (unlike the rest of Nimrod).

Love the song. Love the instrumentation. Love the lyrics - they perfectly capture what it's like to be in a marriage. "Went full circle 'til I'm nauseous." I that line. BJA does a lot of plays on cliches in his lyrics and I always think they're funny.

Archived