• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great great song. Just love it :wub:

I waste it, faked it, ate it, now I hate it

Especially that part, it´s just awesome :D

Good choise for the song of the week :happy:

my favorite GD song ever! :wub:

My biggest fear with life and relationships is when it becomes TOO routine it gets boring and you become scared of leaving your comfort zone. How do you break that vicious cycle?

This song is great. :happy:

I mean it captures how you love someone but how do you keep fresh without fear of as Billie says "repetition."

:lol: I was like "Damn shes drunk posting again" But then I got it :sherlock:

Very clever

but SL;FJKGNL;SFNKGJ;LK this fucking song <3

I think think was my first legit favorite song that I can remember having

The vid makes me laugh

And the lyrics make me melt :wub:

Like seriously Billie Joe put his fucking heart and soul into this

Lucky for me this song is followed up by the also heartfelt and epic lovey-dovey Scattered

But I love this song so much I made a sn with it :P

What have I missed? Why did she post it twice?

I think I got it now. It should be like a loop like in the song.

I think I got it now. It should be like a loop like in the song.

:) Redundancy is what the song's about :). I just couldn't resist!

Just been rocking out to this when watching Rock Profiles:Billie Joe Armstrong on K! seen it before but I couldn't resist :lol:

I like the version where Mike's nose starts bleeding and Billie Joe does the song acoustic. At the last chorus he says "Cause I hate you's not enough", which is a nice change, but changes the meaning of the song, y'know?

"Wait a minute, if you get a bloody nose, is it because one of you guys is punk rock..or because you're punk rock and the cameras are on? ...It's a question! Just a question."

"What just happened. Are you okay. " (It was a monotone. Haha.)

"Hey, whatever happened to the term slamdance, I actually miss it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFHTUm0pkbs :wub:

I love this song because...

It may sound as a common, talk about routine song but it becomes in sort of a love song when it goes to 'Now I cannot speak, I lost my voice. I'm speechless and redundant cause I love you's not enough. I'm lost for words'. And I know that we all know that... :lol:

Anyways, I remember 1st time I heard this song, I immediately fell in love with it and later I saw the video of it and I loved it too. Didn't know what part of the whole moving scene video should I focus my attention 1st time I saw it, though. :lol:

What else? I love the colors, the repetitive context that represents life to me sometimes and then the little touch of corny when you hear someone singing that 'I love you's not enough' :wub:

This song. Oh my god. Its amazing.

If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life it would be this one. Its also going to be my first tattoo.

I also have more of a personal connection to it after hearing it live at my request. It reminds me that you can do or get anything you want if you put your heart to it... and redundantly ask for :)

Prototypes of what we were .........

Billie deserves a Grammy / Woodie / Ivor Novello / AMA / sainthood for that line alone. I love how this track is ambiguous - is I love you not enough because the words seem inadequate, or is it because the couple are growing apart? He leaves you to make up your own mind again, doesn't he? I love it when he does that.

This song is pure wow.

I love how this track is ambiguous - is I love you not enough because the words seem inadequate, or is it because the couple are growing apart?

Honestly, until reading this thread, I never thought of the former option. I just always assumed it was the latter one. It's fascinating how every time you listen to their songs, you can get a new interpretation!

I started loving this song in an instant after I heard it for the first time. It's one of my favorites off Nimrod, but nothing off Nimrod can beat The Grouch

• 2 years later...

I love this song, I love the video and the lyrics, It's one of my favorites from Nimrod, besides scattered. In general, Nimrod is one of my favorites, it has a variety of sounds which I found really awesome! :D

Archived