Redundant - 11/16/2009 - Song of the Week

J'net

I definitely agree with Mar. Overall it's a beautiful song that means a lot to me. And I too, love their video

Oh, and I love how Dita is there too :wub:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this song... and there's something about it that makes it get jammed in your head everytime you hear it, and it won't leave for about 4 hours :lol:

I agree with Mar. I love how blunt and simple it is. I love you's not enough, I'm lost for words, is such a pretty lyric. And it's a song that anyone in love can relate too. When you love someone so much, telling them 'I love you' feels weak. I really love how Billie sings about that, and how he sings about how saying 'I love you' ends up feeling like a useless routine or something.

Ohhh, the OP is clever. :eyebrows:

I used to listen to this on repeat. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

Ohhh, the OP is clever. :eyebrows:

I used to listen to this on repeat. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

Haha that seems kind of ironic :D

Haha nice touch on adding it twice lol :)

I love this song, and i love watching the stuff in the background, I seem to find something new everytime I watch it!

:D :D :D

FINALLY! REDUNDANT!!!

The double post was great. Love the song. Love the video.

This is the first song I heard of Green Day's that wasn't from AI, it means the world to me.

:wub:

:lol: I was like "Damn shes drunk posting again" But then I got it :sherlock:

Very clever

but SL;FJKGNL;SFNKGJ;LK this fucking song <3

I think think was my first legit favorite song that I can remember having

The vid makes me laugh

And the lyrics make me melt :wub:

Like seriously Billie Joe put his fucking heart and soul into this

Lucky for me this song is followed up by the also heartfelt and epic lovey-dovey Scattered

But I love this song so much I made a sn with it :P

OMGLOLWTF.

I got soooo confused at everyones comments, then I read the first lyric and I was like 'OHHHHH!'

I'm super slow... :lol:

Anyway, yay! I LOVE this song.

I remember first listening to this song at night all the time, and trying to figure out the lyrics :lol:

Yay! I love this song :D It never used to be one of my favourites, but lately I've been listening to it a lot. I love the music video for it as well.

Oh I love this song.. One of my all time favourites. But then again I love all the song on Nimord.. Everytime i hear this song I have to scream at the end :D Its stupid I know..

I really the video for it too..

the lyrics and the video so matched with eachother. and the best thing about it is that it has some sense of nihilism inside it.

You never fail to make an epic OP, J'net :)

I've been listening to this song a lot recently. It has grown on me so much since I first heard it.

The chorus is just beautiful :wub:

I actually learnt this song on bass the other day.

Really wish Green Day would play this song more often, maybe at Wembley next year they will.

i love this tune, i love this video.

but my favorite version is from mtvlive....the acoustic one...

good choice.

I loled way too hard at the repetition, thank you, Department of Redundancy Department!

I love this song. It's just so catchy, and tbh I think it's one of their best 'love' songs, only because it's very realistic and blunt, and doesn't sugar-coat the reality of a relationship/marriage. It's still made clear that there's a sense of love and affection, it's just difficult to find, and I always viewed this song as a kind of gateway song, in terms of making a relationship better. Hope that makes sense.

oh yessssssssssssss...well well said.

I've loved this song ever since I got my hands on Nimrod all those years ago. The video kicks ass as well.

haha J'net love the double posting, took me awhile though :lol:

i have to agree with you, i like the video a lot. The repeating background amuses me, though the women screaming at the end it annoying.

The woman screaming at the end is the *perfect* way to cap off the video IMO. The song is all about the inevitable repetition and monotony that eventually creeps into any long-term relationship and asks how that can be broken. The video layers more and more elements on top of a repeating pattern as it goes along, until Billie gets sick of it, picks up the newspaper and walks off with it as his metaphor for breaking that pattern, and the woman is left on her own -- she can't deal with the sudden change-up in routine and she just lets loose. Love it, love it, love it. Or was I just being redundant there? :lol:

@J'net - great pick this week, thanks!

I love this video of it from The 10 Spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duuW3bUD1R0

Good find. Nothing redundant about that performance. Poor Mikey..............!!

Archived