Redundant - 11/16/2009 - Song of the Week

J'net

This week's Song of the Week is Redundant. Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about the song.

This week's Song of the Week is Redundant. Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about the song.

The Nimrod album was released in October 1997 and reached a peak chart position of #10. It has gone platinum twice. Redundant was released as one of the album's singles and made it to #16 on the charts.

The Nimrod album was released in October 1997 and reached a peak chart position of #10. It has gone platinum twice. Redundant was released as one of the album's singles and made it to #16 on the charts.

Unlike some people, I love the official video for this song, and I'm posting it here:

Unlike some people, I love the official video for this song, and I'm posting it here:

Redundant Lyrics

We're living in a repetition

Content in the same old shtick again

Now the routine's turning to contention

Like a production line going over and over and over

Roller coaster

Now I cannot speak, I lost my voice

I'm speechless and redundant

Cause I love you's not enough

I'm lost for words

Choreographed and lack of passion

Prototypes of what we were

Went full circle till I'm nauseous

Taken for granted now

I waste it, faked it, ate it, now I hate it

Cause I cannot speak, I lost my voice

I'm lost for words

I'm lost for words

Redundant Lyrics

We're living in a repetition

Content in the same old shtick again

Now the routine's turning to contention

Like a production line going over and over and over

Roller coaster

I'm lost for words

Choreographed and lack of passion

Prototypes of what we were

Went full circle till I'm nauseous

Taken for granted now

I waste it, faked it, ate it, now I hate it

Cause I cannot speak, I lost my voice

I'm lost for words

I'm lost for words

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can nominate songs for discussion as Song of the Week in the Song Discussions thread, which contains links to each previous Song of the Week from 9/14/2009 forward in its original post.

You can nominate songs for discussion as Song of the Week in the Song Discussions thread, which contains links to each previous Song of the Week from 9/14/2009 forward in its original post.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The song is so good you had to double post everything in your post. :D

EDIT: I'm slow. Now I get it.

Haha I love the post :D at first I was like huh she just posted that video twice...ohh!! That was awesome. Anywho, I absolutely love this song and I had it stuck in my head the other day. It is so cute!

I love this song so much! :wub: I was actually just listening to it a minute ago- I love the melody, and I feel such a connection with the lyrics. I think the video is great as well, it's so original and the ending makes me laugh! :lol:

haha, nice one with everything double :lol:it took me several minutes to get it

I like the song. Don't listen to it very often, as I overlisten it pretty quickly and I don't want to ruin it, but I like it :)

I'm eagerly awaiting people's thoughts on it, and especially the double meanings and puns I never seem to notice :happy:

I had to read everyone's post to understand the doubling. :lol:

I love this song so much! I was listening to it last night while going for a walk. It's such a beautiful song. I love every lyric. And the music video is awesome.

The song is so good you had to double post everything in your post. :D

EDIT: I'm slow. Now I get it.

Hahaha - I just thought I'd have some fun with that :).

i loved this song from the second i heard it, it's so beautiful :wub:

it was the first GD song i learned to play on guitar too :)

LOL nice one J'Net...i looked so quick, i didn't notice at first!

haha J'net love the double posting, took me awhile though :lol:

i have to agree with you, i like the video a lot. The repeating background amuses me, though the women screaming at the end it annoying.

The repeating background amuses me, though the women screaming at the end it annoying.

That part amuses me to no end. :lol:

I always took it as some people love everyday being the same, without any change. And when something is out of order, it's like the end of the world. Even if they didn't mean it to be interpreted that way, I always did and I love it.

i remember listening to nimrod for the first time and when i heard this song i listened to it like 10 times before going to the next song

and i must say it got quite redundant

:P

amazing song :wub:

Yes! This is one of my favorite Green Day songs of all-time. When I first heard this song, I wasn't until about a month after American Idiot came out. At the time, I thought it was one of the most perfect songs I've ever heard. Billie's voice, the lyrics, the beginning guitar...everything about this song is perfect. Whenever I hear this song, I always grin like an idiot because that's how much I love it. :wub:

So happy it's SOTW!

:lol: J'net is brilliant.

I didn't think I liked this song at first. It sounded suspiciously like it might be sappy. But, it grew on me! I absolutely adore it - I think it was the video that helped win me over. :)

I love this song! IMO its kind of under rated...

:lol: at the puns.

Yay, its song of the week in my birthday week. :cool:

I loled way too hard at the repetition, thank you, Department of Redundancy Department!

I love this song. It's just so catchy, and tbh I think it's one of their best 'love' songs, only because it's very realistic and blunt, and doesn't sugar-coat the reality of a relationship/marriage. It's still made clear that there's a sense of love and affection, it's just difficult to find, and I always viewed this song as a kind of gateway song, in terms of making a relationship better. Hope that makes sense.

Archived