Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series

* * * * * 1 votes Book

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

BriIsObsessed

BriIsObsessed
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2011
  • 22 rep

i've read it but it just sounded to me like another wet harry potter story not sure if i like it tbh and well it just seems flat plus the movie looks awful. but if u are HUGE harry potter fan then yeah its ok as far it goes

Hm, I didn't think it was anything like HP... but I am a very huge HP fan. Yeah the movie wasn't that good and the books are way better (like usual), but I really like the books.

I love the Greek mythology aspect of it. I'm sure I could pick a number of things to complain about, but on the whole it's pretty good. I think Riordan has a great writing style; the book isn't too smart (as in you can tell the main character is young) but the humor is very smart. My younger cousins (who got me started reading the series) told me today that they aren't making a second movie because of the way they did the first one (which is sad and maddening) - They didn't leave any room for a sequel! Anyway, I just bought the two last books and will read them at work in the next couple days. YAY! :sherlock:

Pres

Pres
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined Jul 19, 2010
  • 79 rep

Hm, I didn't think it was anything like HP... but I am a very huge HP fan. Yeah the movie wasn't that good and the books are way better (like usual), but I really like the books.

I love the Greek mythology aspect of it. I'm sure I could pick a number of things to complain about, but on the whole it's pretty good. I think Riordan has a great writing style; the book isn't too smart (as in you can tell the main character is young) but the humor is very smart. My younger cousins (who got me started reading the series) told me today that they aren't making a second movie because of the way they did the first one (which is sad and maddening) - They didn't leave any room for a sequel! Anyway, I just bought the two last books and will read them at work in the next couple days. YAY! http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I thought it was already announced that they were making a second movie :unsure: I`m pretty sure they said it was going to be released in 2012.

Either way the books are amazing I love the way the modern twist on the Greek myths. Although the books are written for younger children they can still be enjoyed by all ages which is something i love about them :happy: . I just finished reading the first book in the series based off of the Percy Jackson series The Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero and i loved it. It has new main characters but the old ones are still there, and it also adds the aspect of Ancient Roman myths :)

BriIsObsessed

BriIsObsessed
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2011
  • 22 rep

I thought it was already announced that they were making a second movie http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... I`m pretty sure they said it was going to be released in 2012.

Either way the books are amazing I love the way the modern twist on the Greek myths. Although the books are written for younger children they can still be enjoyed by all ages which is something i love about them http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... . I just finished reading the first book in the series based off of the Percy Jackson series The Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero and i loved it. It has new main characters but the old ones are still there, and it also adds the aspect of Ancient Roman myths http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Oh wow, thanks, I just looked it up. I guess they are then! That's exciting... I was misinformed. I can't wait to start the next series, the Heroes of Olympus. I am almost done with The Last Olympian!! So excited :)

Pres

Pres
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined Jul 19, 2010
  • 79 rep

Oh wow, thanks, I just looked it up. I guess they are then! That's exciting... I was misinformed. I can't wait to start the next series, the Heroes of Olympus. I am almost done with The Last Olympian!! So excited http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I know its really exciting :) All the books are so good and The Last Olympian is one of the best :happy:

Rick Riordan has another series called The Kane Chronicles which is about ancient Egypt i haven't read it yet though so i don't know if its any good

BriIsObsessed

BriIsObsessed
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2011
  • 22 rep

I know its really exciting http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... All the books are so good and The Last Olympian is one of the best http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Rick Riordan has another series called The Kane Chronicles which is about ancient Egypt i haven't read it yet though so i don't know if its any good

That sounds interesting, I think I will have to check that out :). I like Egyptians better than any other ancient civ, even though I loved the Greeks in the books. I might like that :)

Pres

Pres
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined Jul 19, 2010
  • 79 rep

That sounds interesting, I think I will have to check that out http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/.... I like Egyptians better than any other ancient civ, even though I loved the Greeks in the books. I might like that http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Me too i love Ancient Egyptians i put the book on hold at the nearest library because i don't want to buy it if i don't like the series so now i'm waiting :)

BriIsObsessed

BriIsObsessed
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2011
  • 22 rep

Me too i love Ancient Egyptians i put the book on hold at the nearest library because i don't want to buy it if i don't like the series so now i'm waiting http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I just finished "The red pyramid" It was pretty good. However, I was pretty bored until the middle. The middle to the end was the good part. I dunno if I want to read the next book or if I wanna buy it. Maybe I'll get it at the library too

Pres

Pres
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined Jul 19, 2010
  • 79 rep

I just finished "The red pyramid" It was pretty good. However, I was pretty bored until the middle. The middle to the end was the good part. I dunno if I want to read the next book or if I wanna buy it. Maybe I'll get it at the library too

I just read it to i was bored until about the last 80-100 pages. It wasn't a bad book but it just wasn't that interesting. I started the second book it's more interesting then the first one but its still kind of boring :/

BriIsObsessed

BriIsObsessed
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2011
  • 22 rep

I just read it to i was bored until about the last 80-100 pages. It wasn't a bad book but it just wasn't that interesting. I started the second book it's more interesting then the first one but its still kind of boring :/

Gah that sucks to hear :Sad:

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Joined Aug 14, 2011
  • 1,039 rep
This is series is one of the best I've read! It's just too funny! xD! I remember, I first started reading the book cause of the name of the first chapter, 'How I Vapourised My Math Teacher'! lol! And the new series Heros Of Olympus is amazing! I cannot wait for The Son Of Neptune to release! :D

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• 3,301 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,046 rep

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OFFICIAL! The Sea of Monsters movie is coming out this August!

íSTAR!

íSTAR!
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined Jun 07, 2012
  • 16 rep
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OFFICIAL! The Sea of Monsters movie is coming out this August!

I KNOW RIGHT. And I heard Annabeth is gonna be blonde for this movie.

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• 3,301 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,046 rep
I KNOW RIGHT. And I heard Annabeth is gonna be blonde for this movie.

It's about fucking time, I have a feeling this one will be so much better!

Sleeper Agent.

Sleeper Agent.
  • Beware of the depths

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2011
  • 2,442 rep

I do hope they manage to salvage the movie, first one was horrible. I saw it a few weeks ago and it annoyed me less than it did before.

íSTAR!

íSTAR!
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined Jun 07, 2012
  • 16 rep
It's about fucking time, I have a feeling this one will be so much better!

God, I hope so. The first one was good but it was a lot different from the book. like they were suposed to be 12 but they were really like 16. maybe they'll actually make the movie like the book this time.

Advertising

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• 4,780 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,600 rep

This thread talks about the movie or not?

Sleeper Agent.

Sleeper Agent.
  • Beware of the depths

• 4,679 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2011
  • 2,442 rep
This thread talks about the movie or not?

The book, but whatever.

The end of The Mark Of Athena made me die inside.

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• 4,780 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,600 rep
The book, but whatever.

The end of The Mark Of Athena made me die inside.

I oly saw the movie

Eva

Eva
  • A Void That Thinks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,264 rep

Is the sequel series good? I finished all five of the original Percy Jackson books but never bothered to read the after-series. I think I'm a bit scared they're going to be bad and fuck up the series. So, are they any good and should I bother reading them? :P

I oly saw the movie

I'd read the books if you're interested in it. The movie would have been decent if it was released as something else but it didn't follow the story line of the book very well.

Sleeper Agent.

Sleeper Agent.
  • Beware of the depths

• 4,679 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2011
  • 2,442 rep

Is the sequel series good? I finished all five of the original Percy Jackson books but never bothered to read the after-series. I think I'm a bit scared they're going to be bad and fuck up the series. So, are they any good and should I bother reading them? :P

They are really good :lol: it's interesting and doesn't ruin the series, in my opinion.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 21,662 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,762 rep

They are really good :lol: it's interesting and doesn't ruin the series, in my opinion.

I totally agree. I loved them just as much.

Eva

Eva
  • A Void That Thinks

• 6,005 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,264 rep

I totally agree. I loved them just as much.

Actually, I think I read the first one of the sequels. What was it called? The Lost Hero or something. How many are out now? I don't have a lot of time for reading so if there are a lot I might read them over the summer :P

The Forgotten

The Forgotten
  • Betty White's boytoy

• 3,299 posts
  • Joined May 18, 2012
  • 1,575 rep

where's your source? :P

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• 3,301 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,046 rep

where's your source? :P

I saw it on MTV idk, It's on IMDB though

• The Forgotten likes this

Sleeper Agent.

Sleeper Agent.
  • Beware of the depths

• 4,679 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2011
  • 2,442 rep

Actually, I think I read the first one of the sequels. What was it called? The Lost Hero or something. How many are out now? I don't have a lot of time for reading so if there are a lot I might read them over the summer :P

There are 3 out at the moment :)

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth
  • I am a mountain, I am the sea

• 4,015 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,001 rep

Ugh. There's only The Lost Hero and The Son Of Neptune in German right now. I'm temtped to get the latest one in English because it'll take at least like a year till it's released in my language but I hate reading in foreign languages. It get's kind of exhausting after a while and so  I'll get bored and may never finish it. Crap. :P

Eva

Eva
  • A Void That Thinks

• 6,005 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,264 rep

There are 3 out at the moment :)

Oh, that's not so bad :P I'll have to check them out from the library sometime.

íSTAR!

íSTAR!
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined Jun 07, 2012
  • 16 rep

I've read all the PJO books, but i started to read Heroes of Olympus or whatever its called (the other series) and idk it just bored me to death.

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth
  • I am a mountain, I am the sea

• 4,015 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,001 rep

I've read all the PJO books, but i started to read Heroes of Olympus or whatever its called (the other series) and idk it just bored me to death.

True. But I forced myself to read through the first book and the magic world  surrounding Camp Half-Blood just sucked me in again and I remembered why I loved this series so much. I'm halfway through the second one (it only got released one week ago or so) one and it just gets better *cough finally Percy's pov cough*  , so give it a try :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users