Billie Joe's Guitars Thread

greendayawtw

the one with the black pickguard is his signature. the one with the tortoise is just a standard vintage Les paul junior :D

oooohhhh ok thanks :D
  • Like 1

So it looks like Billie/Hans made some changes to Billie's new Rickenbacker. He put gibson tuning knobs on it and to my eyes it looks like he took the Rick pickups out and put P-90's in. Not a close up/high quality picture to fully tell. Oh, and the X's made from electrical tape are off too.

2m29sg0.jpg

Edit: One thing that I just noticed watching this video is it looks like he sanded the high gloss shine off of it too

• Like 3

Since nobody replied to you yet:

307x5xv.jpg

What songs did billie use this guitar on?

He did use it on "21st Century Breakdown". I remember him using this Fender Strat in Hamburg in 2009. Didn't he also use this one on that mystical recording of the 2009 Arizona show?

But yeah, 21st Century Breakdown!

• Like 1

Since nobody replied to you yet:

He did use it on "21st Century Breakdown". I remember him using this Fender Strat in Hamburg in 2009. Didn't he also use this one on that mystical recording of the 2009 Arizona show?

But yeah, 21st Century Breakdown!

That's sweet! Didn't he normally use his double cutaway Les Paul Junior Special on 21st? I know when they first were playing that song live he used blue since it way already tuned a half step down. I saw a video today of them making a band to play "Knowledge" and inviting a girl up to play guitar for them and she played the same guitar.

Speaking of that, does anyone have pictures of the guitars that Billie lets people from the audience play/keep? Like the Fender Telecasters, or the Epiphone les pauls from the american idiot tour? I remember reading something on Gibson's website where Billie played the end acoustic set and after it he pointed to some guy in the crowd and gave him his signature J-180!!

• Like 1