Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Voting has started in the Karaoke Contest. Listen to the entries and vote for your favorite.

Photo

Billie Joe's Guitars Thread

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 1,013 rep

So, I have been watching videos of Billie Joe giving away the black tele's that Hans makes for him and in the video suggestions, this video of a guy that got one of the guitars showed up. It was in spanish so I couldn't understand it but he did show off the guitar and when I saw it I noticed something.

http://i60.tinypic.com/15hy1yd.png...

It looks like there was a neck pickup slot cut out but then filled in with some kind of matching material. It is a Squier from what I can see on the headstock and it has a covered pickup rather than no cover. Does anyone else have pictures of these guitars that he gives away? I posted the Rig Rundown awhile ago in the new section but was wondering if there were pictures other that from that. 

Billie did used to have P-90 pickups in the neck, this is probably one of those that later had it covered. There was a picture from South America on the 21st cent tour with a P-90 in the neck, as well as 1997 era photos.

Billie Joe didn't use Teles for as backup for Blue (he did have a red and black one back in 1997 but that's a whole different story) until like 1999. I think the first time he used it in Nice Guys Finish Last video in 1999 or early 2000 and another one on 2000's Warped tour (he also had white Tele with black pickguard set up the same by that time). Billie put two covered PAF humbuckers in and the bridge one wasn't slanted into one he used in NGFL. And he had a slanted Seymour Duncan in the one he used at Warped.

Here are photos from 2000 Warped tour showing one his first Teles set up like in top quote.

5atq4hiou4r8.jpg

nzgsd7nz0ftg.jpg

atj1axdz4w31.jpg

And a nice shot of white Tele.

h3z4ybf1no2g.jpg

As you can see from these photos, Billie Joe had like 3 Teles in his rig.

1t4euxhoivbi.jpg

• bjafan129 and ThibautDookie like this

bjafan129

bjafan129
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2012
  • 73 rep

Billie did used to have P-90 pickups in the neck, this is probably one of those that later had it covered. There was a picture from South America on the 21st cent tour with a P-90 in the neck, as well as 1997 era photos.

Do you happen to have a pic showing it? I have never seen it like that 

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 1,013 rep

Do you happen to have a pic showing it? I have never seen it like that 

Actually, Hammie was right, my bad.

http://www.madmoizel...green-day-12392

• bjafan129 likes this

Hammie Stein

Hammie Stein
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 145 rep

POPULAR

The Gibson G-3 Bass that Mike used as his main bass From the Kerplunk-Insomniac Era before he started using Precision Basses as his main instruments. This image was taken from Hans Busher's (Billie Joes Guitar Tech) Google+ account. I Believe it is Mikes bass as Its broken (Mike has said in interviews that It has been broken many times), It is a G-3 just like Mike Used and that It has Tape near the Top horn. 

DSC01304.JPG

• JoshDaveJones, Ham Sascale, Green Day In Seattle and 3 others like this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Herr Dumpidump

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,959 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 17,981 rep

The Gibson G-3 Bass that Mike used as his main bass From the Kerplunk-Insomniac Era before he started using Precision Basses as his main instruments. This image was taken from Hans Busher's (Billie Joes Guitar Tech) Google+ account. I Believe it is Mikes bass as Its broken (Mike has said in interviews that It has been broken many times), It is a G-3 just like Mike Used and that It has Tape near the Top horn. 

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TOrIk...

It's the best thing for it, let's be honest.

Hammie Stein

Hammie Stein
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 145 rep

It's the best thing for it, let's be honest.

True, it wouldn't really have been used again anyway. The only time he used it since Insomniac to my knowledge was in some place in Canada back in 09/10.

bjafan129

bjafan129
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined Jan 17, 2012
  • 73 rep

What is his Google Plus account?

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 1,013 rep

https://plus.google....506436284/posts

• bjafan129 likes this

StuckWithDom

StuckWithDom
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2013
  • 473 rep

https://plus.google....506436284/posts

my personal favourites from hans are:
"hey jerkoff. Look a bit closer at an angled humbucker on a Strat before you open your giant dickmouth. You have it backwards Einstein."

"@heyitseyeadam I cordially invite you to punch me in the face you bigmouth asshole. I guarantee you won't have any teeth left to gobble those frozen dicks in your freezer."

JoshDaveJones

JoshDaveJones
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2007
  • 2 rep

my personal favourites from hans are:
"hey jerkoff. Look a bit closer at an angled humbucker on a Strat before you open your giant dickmouth. You have it backwards Einstein."

"@heyitseyeadam I cordially invite you to punch me in the face you bigmouth asshole. I guarantee you won't have any teeth left to gobble those frozen dicks in your freezer."

God I can just hear the gum sloshing about in his mouth...

• Hammie Stein likes this

Jay Hard

Jay Hard
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined Oct 14, 2014
  • 8 rep

Does anyone know if Billie had the Bill Lawrence USA, or Bill and Becky before the Seymour Duncan? I've been looking at old videos and I can never tell if it has the chrome plating. Also I know that the BLUSA ones say Bill Lawrence USA on them but I've heard that it comes off really easily. Also if anyone is able to tell if he has 250 or 500k pots in the old recordings. Having 250k pots with a Bill Lawrence L500XL no matter which makes treble bleed through like crazy so yeah. 

Edited by Jay Hard, 16 October 2014 - 12:12 AM.

Hammie Stein

Hammie Stein
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 145 rep

Does anyone know if Billie had the Bill Lawrence USA, or Bill and Becky before the Seymour Duncan? I've been looking at old videos and I can never tell if it has the chrome plating. Also I know that the BLUSA ones say Bill Lawrence USA on them but I've heard that it comes off really easily. Also if anyone is able to tell if he has 250 or 500k pots in the old recordings. Having 250k pots with a Bill Lawrence L500XL no matter which makes treble bleed through like crazy so yeah. 

He used a Bill and Becky one. I have the BLUSA one and it looks nothing like billies did. 

Jay Hard

Jay Hard
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined Oct 14, 2014
  • 8 rep

He used a Bill and Becky one. I have the BLUSA one and it looks nothing like billies did. 

Thanks dude. 

Hammie Stein

Hammie Stein
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 145 rep

Thanks dude. 

No problems, If I find out anything about whether he used a 250k or 500k pot, ill let you know!

Jay Hard

Jay Hard
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined Oct 14, 2014
  • 8 rep

No problems, If I find out anything about whether he used a 250k or 500k pot, ill let you know!

Rad man. Good luck too. You might know better places to look than me but I haven't found anything.

Advertising

FoxyTwitch

FoxyTwitch
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2012
  • 75 rep

tumblr_ndyxagU0O31rf9k3oo1_400.jpg

I've been trying to figure out if this is a respray or new guitar since I first saw it. I don't recall him having a fretboard with those details before, (red dots and black hearts) but correct me if I'm wrong.

Hammie Stein

Hammie Stein
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 145 rep

I've been trying to figure out if this is a respray or new guitar since I first saw it. I don't recall him having a fretboard with those details before, (red dots and black hearts) but correct me if I'm wrong.

Looks to be a modded Melody Maker...

sherribomb

sherribomb
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined Sep 06, 2011
  • 298 rep

https://33.media.tumblr.com/46b60cbb6024...

I dunno, but I can't get over how cool the inlays look on this.

StuckWithDom

StuckWithDom
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2013
  • 473 rep

Does anyone have the screenshot form where billie said on instgram "replicas, are you fucking kidding me?" cheers

WeAllFloatDownHere

WeAllFloatDownHere
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 3,756 rep

Does anyone have the screenshot form where billie said on instgram "replicas, are you fucking kidding me?" cheers

I doubt anyone will be searching they two years worth of posts and thousands of responses to find it

It'd be faster if you did it

gdbruno

gdbruno
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Apr 16, 2013
  • 4 rep

https://33.media.tumblr.com/46b60cbb6024...

This guitar is the Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker Blackheart. I guess the picture is from the Joan Jett's event he took part on. 

http://www2.gibson.c...Blackheart.aspx

FoxyTwitch

FoxyTwitch
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2012
  • 75 rep

This guitar is the Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker Blackheart. I guess the picture is from the Joan Jett's event he took part on. 

http://www2.gibson.c...Blackheart.aspx

Thanks :) Pobably just a photo prop then as it was a backstage photo for the Joan Jett event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users