Billie Joe's Guitars Thread

greendayawtw

Does anyone know if Billie had the Bill Lawrence USA, or Bill and Becky before the Seymour Duncan? I've been looking at old videos and I can never tell if it has the chrome plating. Also I know that the BLUSA ones say Bill Lawrence USA on them but I've heard that it comes off really easily. Also if anyone is able to tell if he has 250 or 500k pots in the old recordings. Having 250k pots with a Bill Lawrence L500XL no matter which makes treble bleed through like crazy so yeah.

Edited by Jay Hard

Does anyone know if Billie had the Bill Lawrence USA, or Bill and Becky before the Seymour Duncan? I've been looking at old videos and I can never tell if it has the chrome plating. Also I know that the BLUSA ones say Bill Lawrence USA on them but I've heard that it comes off really easily. Also if anyone is able to tell if he has 250 or 500k pots in the old recordings. Having 250k pots with a Bill Lawrence L500XL no matter which makes treble bleed through like crazy so yeah.

He used a Bill and Becky one. I have the BLUSA one and it looks nothing like billies did.

He used a Bill and Becky one. I have the BLUSA one and it looks nothing like billies did.

Thanks dude.

Thanks dude.

No problems, If I find out anything about whether he used a 250k or 500k pot, ill let you know!

No problems, If I find out anything about whether he used a 250k or 500k pot, ill let you know!

Rad man. Good luck too. You might know better places to look than me but I haven't found anything.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_ndyxagU0O31rf9k3oo1_400.jpg

I've been trying to figure out if this is a respray or new guitar since I first saw it. I don't recall him having a fretboard with those details before, (red dots and black hearts) but correct me if I'm wrong.

I've been trying to figure out if this is a respray or new guitar since I first saw it. I don't recall him having a fretboard with those details before, (red dots and black hearts) but correct me if I'm wrong.

Looks to be a modded Melody Maker...

I dunno, but I can't get over how cool the inlays look on this.

Does anyone have the screenshot form where billie said on instgram "replicas, are you fucking kidding me?" cheers

Does anyone have the screenshot form where billie said on instgram "replicas, are you fucking kidding me?" cheers

I doubt anyone will be searching they two years worth of posts and thousands of responses to find it

It'd be faster if you did it

• 2 weeks later...

This guitar is the Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker Blackheart. I guess the picture is from the Joan Jett's event he took part on.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Melody-Maker/Gibson-USA/Joan-Jett-Blackheart.aspx

This guitar is the Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker Blackheart. I guess the picture is from the Joan Jett's event he took part on.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Melody-Maker/Gibson-USA/Joan-Jett-Blackheart.aspx

Thanks :) Pobably just a photo prop then as it was a backstage photo for the Joan Jett event.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Blue from House of Blues!! Anyone know where I can get the Gilman sticker and the "no one for president" sticker?

293ilbn.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Blue from House of Blues!! Anyone know where I can get the Gilman sticker and the "no one for president" sticker?

293ilbn.jpg

I have about 20 of the Gilman stickers. Legit too, not home made.

I have about 20 of the Gilman stickers. Legit too, not home made.

That's awesome!! Do you know where I could find a real one other than going to Gilman?

That's awesome!! Do you know where I could find a real one other than going to Gilman?

I didn't go to Gilman to get mine :P

billiehbguitarhartfordxgeneralxs.jpg

I miss when Billie used to wear his striped jeans :wub: