Billie Joe's Guitars Thread

greendayawtw

So, I have been watching videos of Billie Joe giving away the black tele's that Hans makes for him and in the video suggestions, this video of a guy that got one of the guitars showed up. It was in spanish so I couldn't understand it but he did show off the guitar and when I saw it I noticed something.

15hy1yd.png

It looks like there was a neck pickup slot cut out but then filled in with some kind of matching material. It is a Squier from what I can see on the headstock and it has a covered pickup rather than no cover. Does anyone else have pictures of these guitars that he gives away? I posted the Rig Rundown awhile ago in the new section but was wondering if there were pictures other that from that.

Link to the video?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to double post something from July but, I was watching the making of American Idiot and I saw that Billie is using the same guitar he used in the Redundant music video.

29ysjn5.png

Sorry for the bad quality!!

THE WHITE LES PAUL JUNIOR PICK GAURD WAS TORTUOUS SHELL!? lol I always thought it was black :lol: Even the official Gibson Billie Joe sig is black

what magazine is the second picture from?

I don't actually know; I just reverse image searched an image I had from my old hard drive.

So, I have been watching videos of Billie Joe giving away the black tele's that Hans makes for him and in the video suggestions, this video of a guy that got one of the guitars showed up. It was in spanish so I couldn't understand it but he did show off the guitar and when I saw it I noticed something.

15hy1yd.png

It looks like there was a neck pickup slot cut out but then filled in with some kind of matching material. It is a Squier from what I can see on the headstock and it has a covered pickup rather than no cover. Does anyone else have pictures of these guitars that he gives away? I posted the Rig Rundown awhile ago in the new section but was wondering if there were pictures other that from that.

Billie did used to have P-90 pickups in the neck, this is probably one of those that later had it covered. There was a picture from South America on the 21st cent tour with a P-90 in the neck, as well as 1997 era photos.

15hy1yd.png

Billie did used to have P-90 pickups in the neck, this is probably one of those that later had it covered. There was a picture from South America on the 21st cent tour with a P-90 in the neck, as well as 1997 era photos.

Billie Joe didn't use Teles for as backup for Blue (he did have a red and black one back in 1997 but that's a whole different story) until like 1999. I think the first time he used it in Nice Guys Finish Last video in 1999 or early 2000 and another one on 2000's Warped tour (he also had white Tele with black pickguard set up the same by that time). Billie put two covered PAF humbuckers in and the bridge one wasn't slanted into one he used in NGFL. And he had a slanted Seymour Duncan in the one he used at Warped.

Here are photos from 2000 Warped tour showing one his first Teles set up like in top quote.

5atq4hiou4r8.jpg

nzgsd7nz0ftg.jpg

atj1axdz4w31.jpg

And a nice shot of white Tele.

h3z4ybf1no2g.jpg

As you can see from these photos, Billie Joe had like 3 Teles in his rig.

1t4euxhoivbi.jpg

• Like 3

Do you happen to have a pic showing it? I have never seen it like that

• 2 weeks later...

The Gibson G-3 Bass that Mike used as his main bass From the Kerplunk-Insomniac Era before he started using Precision Basses as his main instruments. This image was taken from Hans Busher's (Billie Joes Guitar Tech) Google+ account. I Believe it is Mikes bass as Its broken (Mike has said in interviews that It has been broken many times), It is a G-3 just like Mike Used and that It has Tape near the Top horn.

DSC01304.JPG

It's the best thing for it, let's be honest.

It's the best thing for it, let's be honest.

True, it wouldn't really have been used again anyway. The only time he used it since Insomniac to my knowledge was in some place in Canada back in 09/10.

The Gibson G-3 Bass that Mike used as his main bass From the Kerplunk-Insomniac Era before he started using Precision Basses as his main instruments. This image was taken from Hans Busher's (Billie Joes Guitar Tech) Google+ account. I Believe it is Mikes bass as Its broken (Mike has said in interviews that It has been broken many times), It is a G-3 just like Mike Used and that It has Tape near the Top horn.

What is his Google Plus account?

What is his Google Plus account?

my personal favourites from hans are:

"hey jerkoff. Look a bit closer at an angled humbucker on a Strat before you open your giant dickmouth. You have it backwards Einstein."

"@heyitseyeadam I cordially invite you to punch me in the face you bigmouth asshole. I guarantee you won't have any teeth left to gobble those frozen dicks in your freezer."

my personal favourites from hans are:

"hey jerkoff. Look a bit closer at an angled humbucker on a Strat before you open your giant dickmouth. You have it backwards Einstein."

"@heyitseyeadam I cordially invite you to punch me in the face you bigmouth asshole. I guarantee you won't have any teeth left to gobble those frozen dicks in your freezer."

God I can just hear the gum sloshing about in his mouth...

• Like 1