Billie Joe's Guitars Thread

greendayawtw

• 1 month later...

Can anybody tell me what is true considering blue?

I've read somewhere Joey got it from Billie as a present and other people said he still got it in the studio.

What is true? What not? Does anybody know the exact year when blue went into retirement?

There are bunch of sources that are totally different.

And another thing that came up in my mind. I hope it's not too private. Otherwise, please delete it.

Considering this huge amount of guitars:

Where does he put all of them while they aren't touring?

I doubt that he all of them takes at home. He would need another house for it.

32 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

And another thing that came up in my mind. I hope it's not too private. Otherwise, please delete it.

Considering this huge amount of guitars:

Where does he put all of them while they aren't touring?

I doubt that he all of them takes at home. He would need another house for it.

I assume the band has some storage facility that stores everything tour related, Tre's various kits etc.

• Like 1

Does anybody know what Billies first acoustic guitar looked like?
I don't talk about blue.

I talk about his acoustic guitar. I read it was a cherry red horner, but I never heard that he learned to play on it.

For a long time I expected blue to be his first guitar.

Another thing: We all know: Billie is giving his guitars to fans if somebody was good on stage.

Are they sponsored by the label? Does anybody know?

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think it was sold in the last reverb sale.

What was sold?

10 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Another thing: We all know: Billie is giving his guitars to fans if somebody was good on stage.

What was sold?

The guitars he gives away are probably part of the tour budget.

His first guitar was sold as part of the Reverb sale. If I'm not mistaken, it was the Stella Parlour acoustic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

The guitars they give away are made from Gibson parts that I think are assembled by their crew techs.  He has a long standing relationship with Gibson so they must have a good deal.

• Like 1

Are there any other acoustic guitars except the black Fender he has used during the last 10 years regulary on stage? 

Are there any pictures?

On 4/13/2019 at 12:59 AM, Savannah89 said:

Can anybody tell me what is true considering blue?

I've read somewhere Joey got it from Billie as a present and other people said he still got it in the studio.

What is true? What not? Does anybody know the exact year when blue went into retirement?

There are bunch of sources that are totally different.

I don't know where the story of Billie giving Blue to Joey came from but that's not true. Billie never retired Blue, he still uses it live on stage to this day. In 1997~ he started using some Fender replicas but he still used the original even then. These days he has back ups for Blue but none of them are replicas

On 4/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, Savannah89 said:

Recently (the last tour) the guitar that fans play on stage isn't the one that they are given. He has one guitar set up that he uses for Knowledge and lets the fans play, then he gives them a different one that's signed by the band to take home the keep.

The guitar that he gives away are Epiphones which is a brand owned by Gibson. They're just cheaper versions of Gibsons guitar but still okay quality. I would imagine he either has some agreement with them where he gets given them for free because they're so cheap, or they just buy them at a lower price in bulk

On 4/14/2019 at 1:49 AM, Savannah89 said:

Are there any other acoustic guitars except the black Fender he has used during the last 10 years regulary on stage?

The acoustic he uses isn't actually a Fender, it's his signature model that use to be available for purchase. He has a few different varieties he uses (you can tell buy the scratch guard) but they seem to be all he uses.

He didn't really play acoustic guitars much between 2003 - 2009 but when he did it was just another Gibson that wasn't his signature, not sure what model though. He pretty much only used it on Give Me Novacaine when they performed it

On 4/17/2019 at 12:41 PM, Liam said:

Billie never retired Blue, he still uses it live on stage to this day.

I agree with the rest but I heard these are all replicas.

Not a replica. Billie has stated, himself, that he still plays the original Blue. Even Hans, his tech, says it’s the real blue.

He has had replicas made, but he is using the original on stage.

• 3 months later...

I want a Gibson Les Paul Jr but may have to go with something simular, looks like most of the actual Gibsons are out of my budget.

Looking for the great guitar for 500ish price range.  

9 hours ago, That Dude said:

I want a Gibson Les Paul Jr but may have to go with something simular, looks like most of the actual Gibsons are out of my budget.

Looking for the great guitar for 500ish price range.  

Used from Reverb.com is your friend. You can probably find a LPJ from Gibson there for around your budget. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...