Green Day Performing on the 2009 EMA's

jtdscape

Just posted this on GDA.

The MTV Europe Music Awards are coming up in November in Berlin and it has just announced that Green Day will be performing at the awards in a press release by MTV. They also state that Green Day has been nominated for three EMA awards this year including Best Live Act, Best Group, and Best Rock. To vote you can head on over to the voting page on MTV.co.uk by clicking here.

This is not the first time that Green Day has performed on the EMA awards. They first performed their song Holiday at the 2005 awards where they also picked up two awards under the categories for Best Album and Best Rock. You can view Green Day's 2005 performance on YouTube.com by clicking here.

So if you live in the UK mark your calendars for the 5th of November to watch Green Day perform and hopefully take home some awards at the 2009 EMA's!

mtvema09.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet!

Also, you misspelled "performing" in the topic title.

Hahaha - just fixed that - I can never resist when I see a title with an error (especially when it's mine :) ).

WHOOOOO! Awesome!

They better win Best Live Act. The others would be great, but that one must be won.

Woah... that performance of Holiday in Lisbon was hot! I think I spontaneously combusted watching that...

Can non-Europeans vote in this one? We were able to vote for the Brazilian awards.

Best Live Act should be bestowed on them for a lifetime...

mmm maybe theyll perform 21st century breakdown here

i just hope theres some sort of ladder :banana:

:lol:

the ladder is epic :)

I missed the conversation where you were all fangirling over the ladder, but I went back and read some of it well after the VMAs. Ladder-ified Green Day songs? I will never understand you people.

I missed the conversation where you were all fangirling over the ladder, but I went back and read some of it well after the VMAs. Ladder-ified Green Day songs? I will never understand you people.

:lol: :lol:

if green day were to release a ladder rock opera i would die happy

anyway nice i think the video of holiday is the reason they should win best live band

mmm maybe theyll perform 21st century breakdown here

i just hope theres some sort of ladder :banana:

:lol: Me too.

:lol: :lol:

if green day were to release a ladder rock opera i would die happy

anyway nice i think the video of holiday is the reason they should win best live band

That would be awesome if they did that! :lol:

Ok....back on topic: I hope they win all of the awards, but especially best live act.

yea, hopefully we can watch a European ladder for like 4 HOURS!!!

i coudve made a kanye west joke but its a little old now :/

fuck it

american im happy for you and your ladder was fine but europe has one of the best ladders of all time one of the best ladders of all time

yea, hopefully we can watch a European ladder for like 4 HOURS!!!

LOL!

I have to say, the ladder stuff was so random and funny, I loved it...

Good luck, Europe! :)

I remeber the EMAs back in 2005... they were so freaking happy of winning and they were goofing around more than usual when receiving the award :lol:

I remember Billie Joe singing "olé, olé, olé, olé"....... aaaaah good times! haha

Hope they win, they deserve Best Live Act!

Just so you don't forget the date this is :P: 'Remember remember, the 5th of November.'

cool points for those of you who get the reference

I remeber the EMAs back in 2005... they were so freaking happy of winning and they were goofing around more than usual when receiving the award :lol:

I remember Billie Joe singing "olé, olé, olé, olé"....... aaaaah good times! haha

Hope they win, they deserve Best Live Act!

They definitely should win Best Live Act. I can't think of a band who performs better live than they do.

They definitely should win Best Live Act. I can't think of a bad who performs better live than they do.

That's because there is NO band that performs better than them right now! :cool:

I remember Billie Joe singing "olé, olé, olé, olé"

if they do KYE billie can sing that instead of the "oh way oh way" :thumbsup:

or whatever the hell he says in that song. I don't think we ever really figured that out. :lol:

Archived