Random Green Day facts

Welshy

It was still an asshole-ish thing to do.

Not really, because he knew she knew it was a joke. It was a friendly, cheerful thing to do!

Not really, because he knew she knew it was a joke. It was a friendly, cheerful thing to do!

It still just seems...wrong, to me.

-The song "The One I Want" is by Billie AND Mike. Says so on the insert with the 1000 Hours EP, but nowhere else

More proof that Bike is real! I am shameless.

Well, it's an unwritten rule that punks hate hippies.

Agreed. I have an anit-hippie sign on my door :P

My sister is a hippie...

More proof that Bike is real! I am shameless.

And yes, yes you are, lol

Tell me I'm overreacting all you want, but I seriously just lost some respect for him.

Well, you see, he said it with a big grin on his face, so I just couldn't take offense to it.

Well, let me explain what happened.

I walked into sound check, Tre was out by the stage drinking something. I saw him, and I freak out. So this was our conversation:

Me: TRE!

Tre: Oh hey.

Me: Do you remember me from DC?

Tre: *nods* Yup.

Me: ...we share a birthday!

Tre: Cool.

Me: ...can I shake your hand?

Tre (with a sarcastic look on his face): No, of course you can't shake my hand.

Me: :( ...please?

Tre: No, you can't! *walks away*

Me (sarcastically): Jerk!

:lol:

at the end of the sound check, Tre walks over to us again.

Tre: Who wants my drumsticks?

Me: *raises hand* Me!

Tre: ...You better change your shirt before the show. I fucking hate tie dye. *gives drumsticks to someone else*

at that point, my heart sank. but then I knew I had to do something. so I handed Tre a pair of fuzzy dice.

Tre: Oh, wow! Cool! Thanks! *throws dice back towards drumset and walks away*

Then it was time to leave, but as I was about to leave, Tre walks back over.

Tre: Here, these are for changing your shirt. *hands me a pair of drum sticks*

Me: Oh, wow!!! THANKS TRE!!! =D

So basically, he was being sarcastic. It did hurt a bit, but I'm not mad at him. I mean, I do that to my friends all the time. but it's not like I'm friends with Tre. He's my idol and so it kind of hurt when I finally got to meet him, he was a bit "rude"... but I guess that's just the way he is. I'm the same way. I make sarcastic comments all the time. But hey, I can't complain 'cause he gave me his drumsticks! :) I think he felt bad after I gave him the dice, which is why he gave me the drumsticks. :lol:

I, for one, love tie dye, Lauren! :lol:

:):wub:

Well, it's an unwritten rule that punks hate hippies.

haha, omg. i'm not a hippie! I got this shirt for volunteering my time and playing guitar in a play/production that we helped adults with disabilities put on.

how did u find that out?

On the 21st Century Breakdown FUSE special, Billie says that Mass Hysteria was the first song written for 21st Century Breakdown.

haha, omg. i'm not a hippie! I got this shirt for volunteering my time and playing guitar in a play/production that we helped adults with disabilities put on.

I know you aren't. But tie dye is hippier than Jerry Garcia ice cream.

So basically, he was being sarcastic. It did hurt a bit, but I'm not mad at him. I mean, I do that to my friends all the time. but it's not like I'm friends with Tre. He's my idol and so it kind of hurt when I finally got to meet him, he was a bit "rude"... but I guess that's just the way he is. I'm the same way. I make sarcastic comments all the time. But hey, I can't complain 'cause he gave me his drumsticks! :) I think he felt bad after I gave him the dice, which is why he gave me the drumsticks. :lol:

Oh, okay! I thought he was just being a douche.

Yeah, I'm sarcastic like that, too. XD

Oh, okay! I thought he was just being a douche.

Yeah, I'm sarcastic like that, too. XD

well, the whole hand shaking thing was sarcastic. (but i was still sad he wouldn't let me) but the tie dye thing, he just came out and plainly said it so i was just like 0___0

well, the whole hand shaking thing was sarcastic. (but i was still sad he wouldn't let me) but the tie dye thing, he just came out and plainly said it so i was just like 0___0

Damn.

I have no problem with tie-dye, but now I know not to wear it around Tre.

no! wear it! it'll be so funny. I've been talking to my friends, and we're saying that we're gonna make a whole bunch of tie-dye shirts and give them out at a concert and have the whole first two rows wearing tie dye. :lol: we're gonna personalize them and make them say "Tre Cool hates tie dye!"

• Like 1

no! wear it! it'll be so funny. I've been talking to my friends, and we're saying that we're gonna make a whole bunch of tie-dye shirts and give them out at a concert and have the whole first two rows wearing tie dye. :lol: we're gonna personalize them and make them say "Tre Cool hates tie dye!"

LAWL, like I would ever meet Tre. I probably wouldn't even get to meet...who's the most obscure person associated with Green Day?

Jamie Kidson, yeah. I probably would never even get to meet Jamie Kidson.

um Tre Cool doesnt have a testicle..........

&

In deadbeat Holiday "And the cats gone in the dryer" is based on Mike Dirnt's cat Gravy that was killed in a dryer

In deadbeat Holiday "And the cats gone in the dryer" is based on Mike Dirnt's cat Gravy that was killed in a dryer

Billie Joe's cat. :P

And he wasn't killed in the dryer. It was mentioned in an interview and I guess the cat was like, wicked old and just kinda climbed into the dryer and died.

I wish I could remember what interview. :/

Edited by ¡VivaLaAndrea!

....I thought Billie's cat died in a washer??

He said that in an interview.

Then again Billie Joe Armstrong IS full of shit. So...:thumbsup:

Pfft, why close such an awesome thread. Ive learnt alot of new stuff, and am reassured Tre Cool is an asshole (Im serious, hes so cold to many people here who have met him.)

Flame shield...COMMENCE!

I have an immensely hard time picturing Tre being an asshole seriously.

I think he's just insanely sarcastic and doesn't tone it down no matter what.

^

Yeah. He was sort of a jerk to me during soundcheck in Houston (I had a sign with a pic of the guys and he wanted to know "who the fuck those ugly bastards were" so I asked him), but it was a teasing sort of way. I was just as bad back. It's just him I think. He seems pretty nice in general to me though.

when i met tre in nyc at a meet and greet he was drunk and super nice he said i was pretty and put candy down my shirt, he was hilarious and like had a bunch of people take pics with him even though it was very much so against there strict rules at best buy, hes wicked funny and very sarcastic, you gotta dish it right back at him thats what he wants ahhhh tre cool<3 hes as sarcastic and goofy as they come and thats one of the reasons we all love him XD

<_<

Too many people who aren't me have met him.

hahahahaha

haha aww hey tre is actually the easiest to meet out of the trio, if you go to a show and get to go to sound check or an after party he always attends the after parties!!! or a tip for ya is if you are going to a show, stick around the city there playing in and guaranteed you'll bump into them cuz they like to walk around and get coffee and stuff, and i know that sounds stalkerish but tre purposely goes without body guards to see some crazy fans XD he told me that in ny

• Like 1

Much easier when going to concerts doesn't involve 5 hour road trips both ways and have no money for a hotel so there's no way of staying there.

Much easier when going to concerts doesn't involve 5 hour road trips both ways and have no money for a hotel so there's no way of staying there.

i hear ya on the money thing, im broke! i usually just sleep in my car i never get hotels when i travel to see green day cuz the hotels are ridiculously expensive

Eh, I can't do that. I'm really particular when it comes to sleep. :-/

We tried to get in to Albany early enough to drive around on a stalking mission in July, but we only got to the venue like, 4 hours early and wanted to get into the GA line.

Hopefully when I go into Boston next month I'll be able to get a hotel room and spend some time in the city before the show I'm going to, but my friend who I think is going with me has a 9 AM class the day before so unless I get the day before off work, too, that's not gonna be able to happen.

Oh well, I'll meet them some day.

Anyway.... back on topic. >.<

The Basket Case video was filmed in black and white.

I'd wear one. I was a hippie for a school play last year, I have a shitload of tie-dye shirts :D