Random Green Day facts

Welshy

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the song Do Da Da on Shenanigans (originally meant for Insomniac) was supposed to be called Stuck With Me but because of a mix-up by the producers the name was swapped and and the Stuck With Me we know and love now (that is on Insomniac) got the name instead. Green Day decided the name fitted well so just decided to keep it and gave Do Da Da the name Do Da Da quickly.

Makes sense too since "Stuck With Me" is a lyric in Do Da Da and not in Stuck With Me.

I thought this was so funny/interesting. Lol

(Sorry I couldn't find if this was already on here!).

• 4 weeks later...

found an article about Billie Joe's inspiration for a tattoo

“Armstrong has a tattoo on his upper chest near his clavicles, just visible above the collar of his striped Henly shirt, the origins of which to speak to the intuition that carried him so far. Its fine script says: “Be silently drawn.” It’s from the 13th-century Persian poet Rumi, but Armstrong found it on a Post-it, lying among the sidewalk trash in Oakland. “It was about 12 years ago, and I was walking in the morning and saw it there, this piece of paper with “Be silently drawn” on it.” For some reason, he picked up the dirty scrap and taped it to the wall beside his bed, where it stayed for 10 years. “I just thought it was a really cool thing to say,” he says. “I had no idea what it meant or anything.” Two years ago, Adrienne found the full quote and texted him what had been missing: “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” He promptly had the wall-hung section tattooed above his heart, he says. “Because then it was like: I had to.”

• Like 3

I think we have a random facts section on GDA.

Apparently Billie Joe tumble- dryed his cat.

yeah, in deadbeat holiday he referred to tumbledrying his cat. sadly the cat died in the process.

Cleveland's brother cat Zero got tumble dried.

yeah, in deadbeat holiday he referred to tumbledrying his cat. sadly the cat died in the process.

Cleveland's brother cat Zero got tumble dried.

I know I read *somewhere* that it was in fact a babysitter who was doing laundry while he was out of the house, and she wasn't paying attention and the cat died under her watch. So Billie is vindicated, the poor man had to come home to a dead cat and I hope that babysitter got fired :lol:

I know I read *somewhere* that it was in fact a babysitter who was doing laundry while he was out of the house, and she wasn't paying attention and the cat died under her watch. So Billie is vindicated, the poor man had to come home to a dead cat and I hope that babysitter got fired :lol:

The babysitter must've felt like shit. Even though that was pretty stupid of them, we all make stupid mistakes sometimes. There goes their well-paying job

found an article about Billie Joe's inspiration for a tattoo

Armstrong has a tattoo on his upper chest near his clavicles, just visible above the collar of his striped Henly shirt, the origins of which to speak to the intuition that carried him so far. Its fine script says: Be silently drawn. Its from the 13th-century Persian poet Rumi, but Armstrong found it on a Post-it, lying among the sidewalk trash in Oakland. It was about 12 years ago, and I was walking in the morning and saw it there, this piece of paper with Be silently drawn on it. For some reason, he picked up the dirty scrap and taped it to the wall beside his bed, where it stayed for 10 years. I just thought it was a really cool thing to say, he says. I had no idea what it meant or anything. Two years ago, Adrienne found the full quote and texted him what had been missing: Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love. He promptly had the wall-hung section tattooed above his heart, he says. Because then it was like: I had to.

I love that article! It's so sweet! :wub: I downloaded a picture of it as soon as I read it.

Here's some interesting facts !

-Mike used to to answer all his fanmail with a handwritten letter.

-It was Tre's idea to shoot the video for Basket Case at an insane-asylium.

- On the US Dookie Tour, Green Day lost 15.000 dollars because of the low ticket prices and the cheap merchandise.

- When Green Day recorded "Dry Ice", they kept messing up and ended up doing about 18 takes on the song until they finally got it down. So at the end of the song you can hear them all shouting "YES! YES! YES!", because they were so happy they got it done.

- When original drummer John Kiffmeyer (aka Al Sobrante) left Green Day, he didn't tell Billie Joe. Billie found out he was leaving through a friend. So when Green Day replaced John with Tre, Billie returned the favor by not telling John directly that he was being replaced. He doesn't think that Green Day would have had as much success if John was still in the band.

- In the Minority video, Billie is running around with the cape on and Mike throws a hand to trip him. The hand is given the peace sign. When it hits him it nocks off the pointer and gives the middle finger.

• Like 1

Dry Ice was going to originally be called Whupped but this got changed because John thought Whupped was a stupid name

All of the songs on the 1000 Hours EP are about the same girl

Tré Cool is amongst the people who think Pot should be legalized : "I like to smoke pot a few hours before the show to get in the right mood. It should be legalized. Do it, do it ! But don't give the control to the big tobacco companies."

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Roxy Bernstein @roxybernstein Oct 16

@GinoTorretta @shilzy Can I get a Billy Joe Armstrong reference in? @GreenDay #PinoleValleyHS

Gino Torretta @GinoTorretta Oct 16

@roxybernstein @shilzy @GreenDay only if you reference he was my water boy for the rodeo crockett cowboys when i was in 6th grade

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...