Random Green Day facts

Welshy

Really ? :D

Yeah! Haha! :lol:

Billie Joe once dated a girl for a year and a half called 'Trouble' (possibly Amanda)!!!

tumblr_m5koyloEyH1qacuhyo1_500.gif

tumblr_m5koyloEyH1qacuhyo2_500.gif

Mike Dirnt once dated a girl for 2 years & she dumped him "for Jesus"!!! :lol:

tumblr_m6aceisauF1qdcei2o1_500.jpg

Rodeo Queens collaboration with Jesse Malin:

Alexia: That’s really cool. How did the Rodeo Queens collaboration with Green Day come about?

Jesse: I’ve known the Green Day guys for a long time, since my old band D Generation toured with them in the late nineties, and we did two tours with them. And I always stayed friends, we always hung out when they came to New York, or if we were in the same city. They like to have fun, they’re a real fun group of guys, they love to play all the time. So, I’d been on their label, I made my Glitter in the Gutter record for Adeline Records, and they’re just great people. We were out really drunk one night, so drunk that we probably couldn’t stand or play, some of us, maybe not me, but that song just came out of a late-night joke. And then Billie came back to town for American Idiot, and he was doing the play, and he finished up the song with me and then we got it mixed, and yeah, it’s just a fun thing. Refreshing time. And maybe some day we’ll do some more, but we were definitely just having a blast, at like seven in the morning! (laughs)

From an interview with Jesse Malin

http://www.welovedc.com/2012/06/28/qa-with-jesse-malin/

Rodeo Queens collaboration with Jesse Malin:

Alexia: That’s really cool. How did the Rodeo Queens collaboration with Green Day come about?

Jesse: I’ve known the Green Day guys for a long time, since my old band D Generation toured with them in the late nineties, and we did two tours with them. And I always stayed friends, we always hung out when they came to New York, or if we were in the same city. They like to have fun, they’re a real fun group of guys, they love to play all the time. So, I’d been on their label, I made my Glitter in the Gutter record for Adeline Records, and they’re just great people. We were out really drunk one night, so drunk that we probably couldn’t stand or play, some of us, maybe not me, but that song just came out of a late-night joke. And then Billie came back to town for American Idiot, and he was doing the play, and he finished up the song with me and then we got it mixed, and yeah, it’s just a fun thing. Refreshing time. And maybe some day we’ll do some more, but we were definitely just having a blast, at like seven in the morning! (laughs)

From an interview with Jesse Malin

http://www.welovedc....th-jesse-malin/

That was interesting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day were suppose to release a horror movie in 1999. Here's an article about it :

cyber-horrortwitpicbymint_fresh.jpg

• Like 2

Green Day were suppose to release a horror movie in 1999. Here's an article about it :

Huh?! Why have we never heard of this before? This sounds fake or a joke to me. What is the source of this?

Edited by Sarcasm
remove images from quotes, slutfuck.

http://greendaymind.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/cyber-horrortwitpicbymint_fresh.jpg

That would have been badass. If the article is legit, I wonder what happened to the movie idea...

Edit: Oh, and that last part about Tre being in a movie, that never happened either, did it?

1."All by myself" was recorded with a bunch of stoned people at somones house

2.Billie's hands were too small to play the guitar when he was little, so his mom made him play the piano

3.Mike smoked his first joint with his moms friend

4.Billie dropped out of high school the day before his 18th birthday

5.Mike and his friend Jason liked to dismantle new houses with screwdrivers

• Like 1

Huh?! Why have we never heard of this before? This sounds fake or a joke to me. What is the source of this?

That would have been badass. If the article is legit, I wonder what happened to the movie idea...

Edit: Oh, and that last part about Tre being in a movie, that never happened either, did it?

No, this is actually real, the band themselves talk about that movie in an interview from 1998. Too bad, that it wasn't made :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cJd-3rwi_4&feature=relmfu

• 5 months later...

In August 2012 Billie Joe gave back to the John Swett music department with a donation from an auctioned guitar.

On August 23rd, 2012 the John Swett Education Foundation presented the John Swett High School Band Boosters with a check for $9350.00. This money was raised and donated by Billie Joe Armstrong, the singer of Green Day. Billie is an alumni of the school district and raised this money for our music and art department by auctioning off one of his guitars. The students and faculty of John Swett High School Music and Art Dept., along with the John Swett Band Boosters would like to thank Billie Joe Armstrong for this generous gift.

We’d like to thank Billie Joe Armstrong for his generosity and giving back to the community. We look forward to Green Day’s three (!) new albums being released in the coming months, beginning on September 25th. Feel free to come back and play the Crockett/Rodeo area anytime!

On the dookie cover, the right side, on one of the building's it's written 'Twisted Dog Sisters'--this was the name for an actual group of girls from Berkeley.

• Like 1

99 Revolutions and Lazy Bones have pretty much the same drum intro.

Insomniac was going to be titled Jesus Christ Supermarket

Parts of the intro to "East Jesus Nowhere" are taped from religious radio stations

Billie Joe was actually high in the Brain Stew video, or Jaded video, or both.

Haushinka was written around 1992 and was never intended to be released, that is why it has a riff very similar to Walking Contradiction.

Midnight Oil, Green Day and the Foo Fighters are the only bands who have played shows on Goat Island.

Billie Joe watched the news of Kurt Cobains death sitting on the Longview couch shortly before filming. Edit, I think I read that on here actually not that long ago but the first time I saw it I think it was in a biography

The bass riff to Longview was made when Mike Dirnt was on acid, Mike and Billie could not actually remember the entire riff Mike was first playing.

• Like 1

Billie was a vegetarian, but he started eating meat again because he lost too much weight.

Tré was class president for a time when he was in high school.

• Like 2

Billie was a vegetarian, but he started eating meat again because he lost too much weight.

then came the fat Elvis period when Warning came out.

Billie ends all text messages to Adrienne with the words 'all my love' in tribute to the Beatles' song, All My Loving.

• Like 2

then came the fat Elvis period when Warning came out.

A lot of the Macy's Day Parade comments on youtube are about how chubby Billie looks :dry: , why can't they just enjoy the song

A lot of the Macy's Day Parade comments on youtube are about how chubby Billie looks :dry: , why can't they just enjoy the song
I don't give a shit, I just find the way he described his chubby phase funny.

This is the best thread EVER!!!!!!!! Keep posting guys!!! Oh, and Happy New Year, idiot family!!!!

• Like 1

The song "She" and "Whatsername" are about "Amanda" from Tre.

(For people who don't know by now ^_^)

99 Revolutions and Lazy Bones have pretty much the same drum intro.

Insomniac was going to be titled Jesus Christ Supermarket

Parts of the intro to "East Jesus Nowhere" are taped from religious radio stations

Billie Joe was actually high in the Brain Stew video, or Jaded video, or both.

Haushinka was written around 1992 and was never intended to be released, that is why it has a riff very similar to Walking Contradiction.

Midnight Oil, Green Day and the Foo Fighters are the only bands who have played shows on Goat Island.

Billie Joe watched the news of Kurt Cobains death sitting on the Longview couch shortly before filming.

The bass riff to Longview was made when Mike Dirnt was on acid, Mike and Billie could not actually remember the entire riff Mike was first playing.

Insomniac was also going to be called Tight Wad Hill as well. :D

Billie Joe watched the news of Kurt Cobains death sitting on the Longview couch shortly before filming.

Are you sure about this ?

When was the Longview video shot ?

Mike and Billie could not actually remember the entire riff Mike was first playing.

Imagine that. Longview - the lost riff. I wonder what it could have sounded like.

Are you sure about this ?

When was the Longview video shot ?

No I'm not sure, and I don't know, but if its true it would have been April 5th 1994. I read it on here a little while ago, but I first saw it in either a biography or an interview. Can't remember.

Look how thin he is here lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNnmnFLMPQE