Random Green Day facts

Welshy

Rhythm mag, October 2002: "Tre does 300 crunches as soon as he comes off stage each night" and "When he's kicking back smoking a pipe and drinking port Tre listens to Krupa, Buddy Rich and Max Roach on tour but chooses to rock out with AC/DC, Metallica or the Cure when the mood takes him."

• Like 2

1. Billie Joe is quoted as saying in Sept 2001 while playing at Gilman Street-"We just played the Reading Festival not to long ago, but this is still the biggest place we have ever played"

2. All By Myself, the hidden song on Dookie, was recorded at a party.

3. Tre is the godfather of Billie Joe's kids.

4. The video for Basket Case was filmed in black and white, they added color afterwards.

5. Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong uses surfboard wax in his hair.The rocker says the waterproof gripping aid helps him create his trademark spikey hairdo.He revealed: "I use wax on my hair, it gets rid of my natural afro. But sleep and lack of sleep does it just as well.'Meanwhile, Billie Joe claims if he wasn't in a band he would be a swimming pool cleaner.He explained: "I love what I do. If I wasn't doing this, I dunno what I'd do. I think I might have been a swimming pool cleaner!'(from femalefirst.co.uk)

6. Billie Joe Armstrong refuses live a party lifestyle because he doesn't want to alienate his fans.

The Green Day frontman shuns many of the events he gets invited to as he believes being seen as a hedonistic rock star would ruin his punk credentials.

He said: "Having a normal life is the only way to way to write good songs. If it's a constant champagne party then people can't relate."

7.Billie Joe worked so hard on 21st Century Breakdown, that he almost ended up in hospital.

"We all became sick as dogs. I was close to being hospitalised but they caught me in time. I had the boogie woogie flu."

• Like 1

Gah, why is it that I can just pull random trivia out of my ass until something like this shows up?

Uh, lessee...

-The song "The One I Want" is by Billie AND Mike. Says so on the insert with the 1000 Hours EP, but nowhere else

-The 1000 Hours EP has Too Cool! and No Way! scratched into the vinyl

-When the first Sweet Children EP released, it had a pic of Mike's shoes on it. Then the next pressing had the Bug picture, and apparently somewhere it has the mysterious message "What do you think now Mike?" (note: I have yet to prove this...)

What bug picture?

Extraordinary Girl and KYE share the same intro drum beat.

No they don't.

Really?? Tre is his kids' Godfather?? That just seems strange to me that it wouldn't have been Mike! I guess Tre was going to be a father when he had Joey and Mike wasn't yet...

The one about them almost ending up in the hospital is complete bs. Never seen it from any even slightly reliable source. It's all gossip or teenie magazines twisting words that were once something like "21stCB was hard and tiring" into bs like that.

I remember reading from some more reliable sources (no idea exactly where, it was a while back) that writing 21CB "almost killed" Billie or something like that, but I've never heard the hospital thing before.

He actually said that he came off the foxboro hot tubs tour "like walking pneumonia" and that he was almost hospitalised but they caught it in time. I don't think the album itself made him ill, but they came off that tour and went straight into the studio, pretty much.

At least this is what I read and I think it was from a legit interview.

I have no doubt that the Tubbies tour floored him, but that "fact" posted above is claiming that working on the album (like, they worked on the album and got sick because of it, not they got sick after the Tubbies tour when they also started on the album) got him almost hospitalized. Which is, based on what I remember reading and where I read it, bullshit.

I have no doubt that the Tubbies tour floored him, but that "fact" posted above is claiming that working on the album (like, they worked on the album and got sick because of it, not they got sick after the Tubbies tour when they also started on the album) got him almost hospitalized. Which is, based on what I remember reading and where I read it, bullshit.

Yes, but what I'm saying is that's probably where that came from.

Only on GDC can we have an in-depth discussion about Billie having the flu.

• Like 1

I love that video of FBHT playing 'Red Tide' that's on YouTube where Billie's just wasted as hell haha.

• 1 month later...

Billie Joe wrote a few songs for "Idiot" while walking around the track at Macalester College in St. Paul. Adrienne, and Billie Joe have a home there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Mike's lucky number is 11, and his favorite color is dark shade of blue. :)

I don't know about Tré and Billie :(

• 2 weeks later...

In the When I Come Around, Tré has a name written in his coat, i don't see what it is written, maybe Chuck.

In 2006, Green Day requested My Chemical romance to play their musical tribute at the Recording Academy Honors in honor of their award to celebrate and honor outstanding individuals in music.

documented by My Chemical Romance bassist Mikey Way; "We were requested by the fine gentlemen of Green Day to perform their musical tribute", he said, "Dream come true. The smiles on their faces as we played an 11 minute odyssey spanning their whole career? Priceless".

gd.jpg

What was the Recording Academy Honors about? Is there any other photos/videos from that event?

What was the Recording Academy Honors about? Is there any other photos/videos from that event?

article from that night.

http://www.sfgate.co...-of-2501492.php

The Recording Academy Honors were first set up to celebrate and honor outstanding individuals, such as Green Day, whose work is excellence to the highest degree and has had a long lasting impact on the recording community. The Recording Academy Honors can be called an award for the elitist of elite. The ceremony is shrouded in mystery, as behind closed doors, family and friends only came to honor award recipients. The evening began with a refined cocktail reception, and was followed by a three course meal accompanied by live music. Also included was a silent auction, with more than 100 collectors items up for sale. The exclusive items included the usual luxurious vacation packages, spa tokens, guitars autographed by female singers Melissa Etheridge and Shawn Colvin. Also, instruments signed by Boz Skaggs and My Chemical Romance appeared alongside many more items.

Long time producer and friend of the band, Rob Cavallo, presented the award to the band. Although the speech made by Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tré Cool is not known, due to the no cameras or recording equipment rule of the ceremony, it is known that the band thanked former label Lookout! Records and current label Reprise. New Jersey based rockers My Chemical Romance, Green Day's tour protégées, performed a unique medley of some of Green Day's most famous songs. And the icing on the cake? Rob Cavallo took to the stage to tinkle the ivories on the piano.

• Like 1

When Green Day used to play in a resturant, Billie's mother cancelled a show because he didn't do his homework! :D

Really ? :D